• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest I really want to make a priest....

Keeba

I am not a vanilla player, I started Wow in WOTLK, I started my first priest in Cata and I really loved healing as a Disc Priest in bgs from then on

I really want to try a Vanilla priest and do PVP at 60 with it but tbh I'm quite daunted by all this talk of downranking spells?

I'm not quite sure what it is and why you should downrank. Could someone enlighten me on this, I dont really want to be seen as a bit of a noob (even tho i am :p)

Thanks for reading :)

Downranking is using a skill that has multiple ranks e.g Healing Touch at a lower skill. You do this to conserve mana. The +healing on your gear will be added to your low rank spell. If you have awesome gear you can downrank more.

... And you do this becouse +healing scales low. Level spells better. Mph mana per healed

If you plan to PvP then downranking isn't so important anymore. Its mainly used for beeing more mana efficient.
Think of it this way, in later expansions you have more abilities, thus more buttons in use for them. In vanilla you have less abilities, but more ranks of them to use.

Don't be concerned. Generally vanilla is alot easier to learn then the expansions. Roll a priest and have fun.

A fair portion of the time you won't be downranking anyway as you'll have to heal through high burst, especially if you're supporting your FC. However, you'll also have plenty of opportunity to sit and drink.

Top Bottom