• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Ideal Raid Composition?

Napoliane

Hello!

I'm trying to get organized as my guildies and I approach level 60, and start the BiS grind.

I'd like to know from other experienced Vanilla players, what is the best Raid Compositions for MC/BWL/Ony? Are the comp's the same, or do they vary between bosses?

I'll be MTing my guild raids, and obviously participating in pugs will also give me an idea, but I'd like to get an idea. I've tried google searching, but im getting some mixed results. Could someone give me some advice/pointers? Thanks!

-Triceracop

For MC:
  • 2 tanks
  • 1 holy dwarf priest
  • 3 holy paladins
  • 1 druid for buffs
  • 33 fury warriors

The 33 fury warriors will need following alts:
  • 2 warlocks for trash after Garr
  • 4 mages for Majordomo

For BWL you should use same setup except that you will need two fury DPS to swap for 2-3 rogues in suppression room and 2-3 hunters for Flamegor and Chromaggus.

The problem is you ask for "ideal", and it's the truth that this would be the "best" most of the time.
As a guild you surely look for a more balanced approach, but it's hard to tell you what would work with your people.
Some guilds make a shadowpriest work, some take a feral or an owl, some even take a Retpaladin.
All content can be cleared with each of them, but mostly they get carried to a degree.

More important is to see who are your "best" players, and build around them.

If you are looking for "best Raid Composition" than what bl4ckc0d3r said is true. Fury Warriors are just too OP. Most guilds would not take shadow priests, feral druids, balance druids or non dwarf priests, because they are just bad. But in the end you cant really convinced (all) people to reroll fury warriors. Unless you are in Vanguard that is :lol:

But truth is, that when you have guild full of great people all you need is time. Because guilds can overcome any hardship with The Power of Friendship and Power of Love! :wub:

You wont really find better advice than what Brezel and bl4ckc0d3r gave you :)

Melee stacking huh?
And then you get the Twin Emps, Grobbulus, Ragnaros, Four Horsemen, C'Thun. Think of Gothik's Unreleting Riders and Death Knights cleave and their nasty aura. Razuvious tears you a new one as well.
Have fun on Sapphiron. Those are the ones from the top of my head.

Edit: Kel'Thuzad's iceblock chain is also a problem.

Last edited:
1Prot warrior
7Fury warriors
1Hunter
4Rogues
6Priests
1Shadowpriest
4Paladins
1Druid
6Mages
9Warlocks

You brought up a good point about t1/t2 raids earlier so I decided to mention higher tier content so as to not make people - who read your posts - believe that the faceroll roster works forever. God forbid discussion format threads evolve with time.

Your mindset of being stuck in mc/ony/bwl tells me a lot though.

Top Bottom