• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ideas for events

jorim

Can anyone tell me what to except when it comes to events? Perhaps anyone knows what was organised on K1 or K2?

I'd like to plan world pvp or world city raids.

Does anyone know whether there will BG weekends? I don't know if it's blizzlike.

Only events on k2 were arenaesque stuff

On the tbc server i took part in a maze and in travelling to Jerusalem(a child's game)

Please no more GM organized events. Players themselves should organize such events not gamemasters.

Please no more GM organized events. Players themselves should organize such events not gamemasters.

I believe that's what he meant aswell. Or events like Battleground weekend, Brewfest, Halloween etc? In other words, retail events.

World pvp and arena events can and should be handled by players, not GMs. On ED there were several succesful (and one failed due to lag) world PvP and arena events initiated and run by players. There was also an arena event that was "supervised" by a GM, which resulted in a lot of players being banned for just playing the game (aka. ganking people at the site.)

Needless to say the player run events were immensely more popular, both while they were running and when looking back at them.

World pvp and arena events can and should be handled by players, not GMs. On ED there were several succesful (and one failed due to lag) world PvP and arena events initiated and run by players. There was also an arena event that was "supervised" by a GM, which resulted in a lot of players being banned for just playing the game (aka. ganking people at the site.)

Needless to say the player run events were immensely more popular, both while they were running and when looking back at them.

Well in case a PvP event is GM supervised there shouldn't be any bans, that kinda makes no sense... GMs can just use deathtouch on players interrupting the event and noone gets hurt.

I remember some organised (player run) arena events from retail in the stranglethorn arena where a bunch of mages were recruited to oversee the battles, any player not belonging in the ring would get sheeped the moment they tried to enter.

Well in case a PvP event is GM supervised there shouldn't be any bans, that kinda makes no sense... GMs can just use deathtouch on players interrupting the event and noone gets hurt.

I remember some organised (player run) arena events from retail in the stranglethorn arena where a bunch of mages were recruited to oversee the battles, any player not belonging in the ring would get sheeped the moment they tried to enter.

The case with mages is a case of such an event done right. I don't agree with GMs intervening since the "griefers" aren't breaking any rules.

Maze>all
so much fun...May made some photo to explane more about what i think about it .
U can put some elite on 1 direction...some fire trap...a lot smoke...Some CC trap...some short cut( i remember some Object(rock) who can destroy) and many many : )

Sooner or later, there will be players organizing such things as World PvP/City Raids or PvE Races.
At least that's what it was like on my old retail server in vanilla.
We used to wear the PvP Tabards when participating in World PvP EVents for recognition.

Last edited:
Im realy enjoying vanilla in every aspect, im just mad they didnt remembered to make arena teams for vanilla. Because of that, i would love to see some smart PvP events in STV's gurubashi arena. Would be so much of fun for everyone and the main thing for everyone to be also focused on BG's and farm its gear to prepair for these events. Everything would be so much more alive. Im sure this wont never happen, but i just wanted to put here my idea and wish. Thank you for reading me :w00t:

Arena events in Gurubushi would be awesome.

Player led raids of TM/SS, Xroads/Redridge and capital cities need to happen :D

I think a great idea would be to make a weekly event (like the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza) given by the Criers in each capital for a "Call To Arms: X" where X is a random zone. That would encourage world PvP and at the same time leave the GMs out of it in most circumstances.
First of all we'll want to put a prize, something modest, to attract players into participating, but at the same time not make something that would seem unbalanced or attract high level players.
Secondly we'll want the task to not be a hard one, since this should be an optional event and people should not take much of their time to do it.

Here's the best example I could come up with:
Saturday evening a Call To Arms: The Barrens is issued. Criers would pop this quest that will require you to kill, let's say, 10 Horde/Alliance players in that zone. The quest reward, given the level of the zone, should be level-appropriate (5x Healing Potion, 5x Lesser Mana Potion , 20x Wool Bandage, 4x Medium Armor Kit and why not a little xp and rep). Just enough to encourage people to join for the fun of it.
Keep it short, simple and fun.

I hope I posted this in the right place. :wacko:
Have fun!

Saturday evening a Call To Arms: The Barrens is issued. Criers would pop this quest that will require you to kill, let's say, 10 Horde/Alliance players in that zone. The quest reward, given the level of the zone, should be level-appropriate (5x Healing Potion, 5x Lesser Mana Potion , 20x Wool Bandage, 4x Medium Armor Kit and why not a little xp and rep). Just enough to encourage people to join for the fun of it.

So you mean if it is Call To Arms: Felwood, you would get that level rewards, like: Superior Healing Potion?
IMO rewards like that would be too much. For That kind of event (Call To Arms:*zone*) rewards could be just rep, xp and honor. Just IMO. :smile:

Call to Arms: Capital Raid:
Duration: 3-8 Hours (during peak hours)
Capital: Random
Description: During the event players gain 2x the honor from kills while within the selected capital, killing the King/Chief of the selected Capital wich is random from each time the event occurs would drop a head that begins "Capital Raid" which rewards the same as "Concerted Efforts/For Great Honor" when turned in at the battlemaster. Honor would still diminish and since it is shared with all who are in the group/raid & once fixed assisted, the amount of honor wouldn't be that much higher but serve as a minor encouragement. In addition for the duration of the event all civilians become hostile and wont add DHK upon kill.

Note: The King/Chief won't respawn during this event but all who have dealt damage to him or where in group with some who did will be able to loot the quest item, once the event is over all npc's will respawn.

Last edited:
how about all make a nost char and recruit players for kronos do some hogger runs and tarrenmill vs goldshire low lvl raids horde vs allaince there and bring some new players to kronos while we do it, this realm needs players more then stupid events :)

"Warzone" events - world PvP in contested zones - are my fondest memories of ED. Well actually there were only two attempts at those, where the first one ended up being truly epic, while the second was totally ruined by that realm's continuous instability, lag and crashes. Being in charge of the largest guild I know for a fact I will try to coordinate with the other major ones and fully support such an event in the future, maybe this autumn when the turnout can possibly be optimal.

I agree with Aurigon.
Would love some war-games. Maybe arrange low-lvl battles in Tarren Mill – Southshore were we let say set an lvl cap of 35 max. Then all alliance and horde in lvl range get there and group up and fight it off.

Well based on what I would experience on ED, you can't really control world PvP events and 60s are always going to show up in full force no matter what. I also remember how there would be two charges clashing with one another during the battle in Ashenvale, the first with mounted players who were obviously faster and the second one with all level 40ish and lower who had to run all over the place.

Here is a video of the event. It happened on 5 May 2013 and if I remember correctly ED used to have about 1.5x / 2x the population Kronos has at the moment. Still to this day my fondest memory of that server.

Well based on what I would experience on ED, you can't really control world PvP events and 60s are always going to show up in full force no matter what.

I don't agree on this. Back on my retail server we hade some arrange battles in Hillsbrad and at first we hade some 60s destroying the fun. But after some talks and org we succeded in having low lvl pvp in hillsbrad adn high lvl we hade guildfights and "pug" fights in different locations.

ofc it could be people coming there. But i think it would be good in promoting the server and for the fun in playing too succesfully organise low lvl and 60 world pvp in different places. And almost everyone have an alt they can join low lvl pvp in hillsbrad with.

Top Bottom