• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

If this server ever wants any chance to succeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It surely was not a waste of time, since the AI is used in endgame content as well. You are going to see plenty of it in dungeons and raids.
And besides, I doubt that Chero wants to force players to gaze in amazement at his work by setting rates to 1. From what I have seen so far, I'd say that Kronos staff is anything but vain.

there was alot discussions about xp rates and yes, majority wanted 1x. You are free to read it. Imho opinions to have 1x rates are much better than some highrate-ones have. Thats propably most of us agree with 1x.

No 1 reason is, skip grind from 1-60 and go raiding and PvP directly.
Not everyone enjoys leveling and thats the main reason they want to speed up the process.

I think x7 is way too much.
However I must say that x1.5 or x2 sounds pretty good. It's a nice little way to tempt those who can't be arsed to level up x1 (including myself), but really want a good vanilla server. It's not gamebreaking, it's still a grind and you still get to experience all of vanilla in its glory.

I say this as a guy who hates x1 so very much, but loves the end-game content.
Your main just feels so much better when you've went through hell to get to max level.

I must to agree, that 1x is really dangerous to a new server. Vanilla community is growing every day, but still we need a way to somehow interest them in playing at Kronos. There are a lot of players, who have been playing in feenix for a long time, and i doubt that most of them would like to reroll whole new chars, and lvlup them once again. But i believe that maybe 2x, would dedicate more of them to join Kronos. It's clear that everyone would prefer Kronos over other realms, only thing is time spent, and time they will need to spend to earn succes @ Kronos. Everything is so awesome about Kronos wow so far, only thing which is still under the question mark, is the population.

P.S.
As much as i want it to be 1x, i still can't stop worry, how that 1x could affect new players, and their dedication to Kronos.

i think it's unfair to say that success can only be determined by the leveling rates. I'm not a x1 defender in particular, because i would take the higher rates when i'm given the choice as well, but like Lharts i made friends with the x1 decision and see the positive sides of it.
It indeed adds more depth and credibility to the server, it's the mentality of the players that should change.

I mean, this is the server we've been waiting for right ? Finally the quality that WoW servers should have had all the time. If it ever made sense to level on x1, it's now !

And don't forget, previous Kronos versions failed because there was close to no advertisement,and Kronos failed with both low and high rates, because of that.
it seems totally different this time. They are throwing their name out there like never before, the server is totally international now, the whole surroundings are so much more attractive now.

It's like a totally new and awesome project and if the leveling rate is the only factor you make your decision up on, that's pretty sad. There is soo fucking much more to it.

Reactions: Zed
Thread along these lines has already been made, and shut down. Everyone has strong opinions for both sides of the argument, and could shout them out all day long with "facts" backing them up.

edit: posted this before reading the majority of the posts in this thread, and what do you know... A lot of shouting opinions claiming to have facts backing them up.
Edit2: I'm for 1x rate, and don't shout stupid "facts" into my face about why I'm "wrong" on something that isn't a right/wrong subject, but a mere preference. Inb4 you hate the server because you're gonna kill it with you're playstyle preference.

Last edited:
i think it's unfair to say that success can only be determined by the leveling rates. I'm not a x1 defender in particular, because i would take the higher rates when i'm given the choice as well, but like Lharts i made friends with the x1 decision and see the positive sides of it.
It indeed adds more depth and credibility to the server, it's the mentality of the players that should change.

I mean, this is the server we've been waiting for right ? Finally the quality that WoW servers should have had all the time. If it ever made sense to level on x1, it's now !

And don't forget, previous Kronos versions failed because there was close to no advertisement,and Kronos failed with both low and high rates, because of that.
it seems totally different this time. They are throwing their name out there like never before, the server is totally international now, the whole surroundings are so much more attractive now.

It's like a totally new and awesome project and if the leveling rate is the only factor you make your decision up on, that's pretty sad. There is soo fucking much more to it.

This.

Posting that in a forum thread that a discussions is senseless is like telling a student its not reasonable to learn in school. Thats what forums are there for.

Personally I said that I was never going to level 1* rates ever again, but what do you know. Now there finally is a realm that gives me the quality that I would like to have so I will just roll with it.
Level ED or Rebirth at the same pace? Not on my life. For Kronos? Yeah I can live with that. Still doesn't mean I am too happy about it though :wink:

Imo 1x are good and i approve but not on the begining. Few facts that scares pepople

- There was many other project, that people have joined. They all failed.
- There was kronos 1, kronos 2, now there will be kronos 3. Maybe kronos 4 in few months? this is not good advertise for server and personaly this fact makes me against x1 rate. Simple reason (why would i want to waste time ~2 months for something that will fail (failed in past)
- To attract certain people, for example end game guilds, pvpers etc. There must be huge player base at level 60. You can't expect this for at least half year. And agien i'm type of pvp guy. Things i'm lookin on servers are good scripts and constant queue pop for battleground. If i would be forced to wait 30-60 min for battleground, sorry but i'm out.. simply becuase no time for this.
- Back when vanilla was released - 2004, we all were 12-20+ years old. 10 years have passed, we are 22-30+. Vanilla private server community is based on players who experianced vanilla on retail. How do u want to make ppl invest very low game time in adult life for "bullshit" leveling with cons mentioned above.
- If all of you 1x fans look at time /played in game and compare it with time spend on leveling. This time is like 5%. That means big game experaince is gained at top level, not on levels below.
- Many ppl use word blizzlike. For most it means 1x rates as i see. For me it mainly means - no gear and spell customization, retail like scripted instancec, max level 60(not 255), surly kronos is blizzlike no matter what exp rates.
- If korons want to attract new players, which for example never played vanilla. They surly will want to test the game at top level. Most of them won't bother to wait to see it in 1-2 months.
- Release of kronos is some where between new expansion release, like every new expansion it pull people. Kronos need to pull it harder. For sure ppl will rather level on new expanson, then on boring vanilla. However getting top level, experiance with good scripts and population, might convince ppl to play on kronos then new expansion.

Just my thoughts, when i read arguments for 1x. This are good rates but not for begining, server need to be bomb at start. If player base gets 1,5 k +, exp rates can go down to 1(I would level on 1x rates if i would notice such population, scripts, pvp movies even though i'm against)

Last edited:
Imo 1x are good and i approve but not on the begining. Few facts that scares pepople

- There was many other project, that people have joined. They all failed.
- There was kronos 1, kronos 2, now there will be kronos 3. Maybe kronos 4 in few months? this is not good advertise for server and personaly this fact makes me against x1 rate. Simple reason (why would i want to waste time ~2 months for something that will fail - failed in past)
- To attract certain people, for example end game guilds, pvpers etc. There must be huge player base at level 60. You can't expect this for at least half year. And agien i'm type of pvp guy. Things i'm lookin on servers are good scripts and constant queue pop for battleground. If i would be forced to wait 30-60 min for battleground, sorry but i'm out.. simply becuase no time for this.
- Back when vanilla was released - 2004, we all were 12-20+ years old. 10 years have passed, we are 22-30+. Vanilla private server community is based on players who experianced vanilla on retail. How do u want to make ppl invest very low game time in adult life for "bullshit" leveling with cons mentioned above.
- If all of you 1x fans look at time /played in game and compare it with time spend on leveling. This time is like 5%. That means big game experaince is gained at top level, not on levels below.
- Many ppl use word blizzlike. For most it means 1x rates as i see. For me it mainly means - no gear and spell customization, retail like scripted instancec, max level 60(not 255), surly kronos is blizzlike no matter what exp rates.
- If korons want to attract new players, which for example never played vanilla. They surly will want to test the game at top level. Most of them won't bother to wait to see it in 1-2 months.
- Release of kronos is some where between new expansion release, like every new expansion it pull people. Kronos need to pull it harder. For sure ppl will rather level on new expanson then on boring vanilla. However getting top level experiance with good scripts and population might convince ppl to play on kronos then new expansion.

Just my thoughts, when i read arguments for 1x. This are good rates but not for begining, server need to be bomb at start. If player base gets 1,5 k +, exp rates can go down to 1(I would level on 1x rates if i would notice such population, scripts, pvp movies even though i'm against)

Exactly what I tried to say but both gms and the community don't want to budge, hi BTW am euthe

I agree with Euthe for once, all this server needs is population and 1x rates is poison for it. I'd like to quote a post by Kraunz here which sums up nicely why 1x rates wont work.

Day one 1: Server launch & people start leveling slowly with the x1 rates. if you are lucky you will have 500 people on launch, half of these won't even make it to 60(Judging from any x1 server launch) Keep in mind that alot of people will be in a "wait and see" mind. Which basically means they will log on once in a while and see if the server is growing before they put effort into leveling.

After a few months you will have maybe, maybe 100 people at level 60, now it's time for gear farming.

First off you need to farm 5m instances for a couple of weeks. This is the fun part imo, gearing a character from scratch.

Fast forward to raiding content: People don't need to farm 5m instances anymore and it's time to get them epics. A normal guild raids 3 times per week. Lets say you raid on a sunday and the next raid is wednesday. On a server with no PvP what will you do the next 3 days? (All professions 300/300 and you already got your epic mount.)

This is what will happen: People will log on for raids and log out after raids, the server will be stale without having BG's running. People will sit afk in IF/Orgrimmar all day waiting for a miracle to happen. We have all seen this before.

Sure some servers with x1 rates still got BG's running but these servers have been active for years. Just face it, people are tired of leveling. Just because some pvper leveled x1 rates on server X doesn't mean he/she will do it again on server Y.

Your best decision would be to make it atleast x7 rates.

It's naive to expect anything good to come out of x1 rates on a server with really low marketing.

Kraunz and Euthe played here before and came back out of nowhere without the slightest idea on how the server developed. Their opinion was more or less driven by feelings rather then reasonable arguments. I more or less ignored both of their posts for obvious reasons.

Kronos strives to be blizzlike and 1* rates is a part of that.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Vanilla was not jumping to 60 and lurking BG Queues 24/7.

Kraunz and Euthe played here before and came back out of nowhere without the slightest idea on how the server developed. [b[Their opinion was more or less driven by feelings rather then reasonable arguments. I more or less ignored both of their posts for obvious reasons.[/b]

Kronos strives to be blizzlike and 1* rates is a part of that.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Vanilla was not jumping to 60 and lurking BG Queues 24/7.

Sorry but did you even read the posts? Its the complete contrary of what you say, they argument with reason, giving examples why this wont work. The guys pro 1x rates without compromises are reasoning with feelings (blizzlike feeling etc).

Higher rates:

- worse economy
- more alts with professions
- ghosting to pop Qs

Don't even try to bash on those points since I really can't be bothered to think about it longer then 10 seconds. Its not my job to back up the staffs decisions.

There is enough reason why 1* rates just makes sense. My number one reason is a stable economy on the server and that you really have to make a tradeof when going engi for PvP. You don't have a crafting professions to make money with if you do.

I read as far as their first tears went. Then I stopped. It just makes me mad if some guys come arround out of nowhere and act like they know shit when they clearly don't.
You have to keep in mind that Kraunz and Euthe are both mainly interested in PvP, so am I, but their negativity and biased opinions don't help anyone out. Infact they are doing more harm then good.

Higher rates:

My number one reason is a stable economy on the server and that you really have to make a tradeof when going engi for PvP. You don't have a crafting professions to make money with if you do.

This is a good point that I actually hadn't thought about. 1x rates means if you're gonna have dedicated gatherer/crafter alts, you better be willing to invest a lot of time into them. Which is a great thing.

Everyone being completely self sufficient is bad for the economy.

I was sceptical about 1x rates at the begining.. And i still think that it's good idea ONLY for the begining, because many people get hyped and there will be a lots of players to lvl up with. But about 3 months later, lvling WILL be just boring single-player grind. (Yes, it will, we all know it from retail, when everyone have 60 lvl char, the stick to it and improve it. Starting at already runing 1x server is just a pain and you pray every day to be finally 60 lvl too)

But from my experience, population is much more matter of hype than xprates. The only efect of higher xprates is that much more players will give it a try. They swiftly get lvl 60, check end-game content and if it's good, they'll stay, otherwise, they'll leave. That's the fact that you can observe on failnix. It have high numbers, but only about 30% of the population is stable.

Higher rates:

- worse economy
- more alts with professions
- ghosting to pop Qs

Don't even try to bash on those points since I really can't be bothered to think about it longer then 10 seconds. Its not my job to back up the staffs decisions.

There is enough reason why 1* rates just makes sense. My number one reason is a stable economy on the server and that you really have to make a tradeof when going engi for PvP. You don't have a crafting professions to make money with if you do.

I read as far as their first tears went. Then I stopped. It just makes me mad if some guys come arround out of nowhere and act like they know shit when they clearly don't.
You have to keep in mind that Kraunz and Euthe are both mainly interested in PvP, so am I, but their negativity and biased opinions don't help anyone out. Infact they are doing more harm then good.

Lol ghost popping will happen as long as the population is low because people including you share accounts. Also the economy won't be bad as long as people can't donate for stuff, and even a slightly bad economy > hardly any economy because of low population. Grow up Lharts matey please, all you've ever done on forums is contradict everything people say because you think you know best)

I wouldn't expect you to read the posts by Drig, Kraun and I because your brain can't handle anyone having different opinions.

edit: ps dont even try to bash on what i say bc you can be quite a mong

Last edited:
So I disagree on your opinion and that makes me a mong that does not appreciate opinions. Wow man, seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom