• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

If this server ever wants any chance to succeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a dev just shut this thread down already..?

This shit gets so old so fast.

Yeah, it's already been decided. Kronos is 1x rates. Either find a way to accept it, or find another server that suits your needs. Nothing good ever comes from these threads. :tongue:

I agree with Lharts and disagree with Drakesdruid, he acting too much ofensive. Anyway,this thread should be closed 3 pages before where the same sh*t about rates was started :w00t:

Can a dev just shut this thread down already..?

This shit gets so old so fast.

No this discussion interests alot of players, shutting down this thread about for many the most important decision for the server is going to damage the projects image of everyone who takes a look into the threads.

Just because this discussion doesnt favor your opinion doesnt mean other people shouldnt be allowed to have it.

What attracts people to vanilla servers aren't the rates 75% of the time, but the experience that comes with it. When you give people higher rates, it takes away from the social experience - questing, grouping, dungeoning - all that fun fluff. If Kronos wasn't making the intensive fixes that it is, I could see why one might vye for higher rates, but seeing as the Developers are aiming to fix all content before release and make it seamless, I really see no point.

Vanilla at it's core isn't about rushing through all content at once - it's the journey.

Last edited:
Look at the ED or The Rebirth. Both are 1× and they have together thousands of players. So it's not true that people are not attracted to these rates. All it's just about hype, we need to spread as much informations about Kronos what we can to these people on that shitty realms.

I don't like 1× rates much too, but is true that server with these rates has the most healthy economy, and if it has a good population, it has also healthy and living word, even in low lvl locations.

But again, I still think that with 1.5 or 2× rates these things and vanilla feeling will be the same, and levelig will be more time friendly.

Last edited:
Actually there is more grouping and social interaction at level 60 then while leveling.
You can solo this game from 1-59, but from there on you are forced to interact with other players.

Not sure what your point is here.

Last edited:
No this discussion interests alot of players, shutting down this thread about for many the most important decision for the server is going to damage the projects image of everyone who takes a look into the threads.

Just because this discussion doesnt favor your opinion doesnt mean other people shouldnt be allowed to have it.

Doesn't favor my opinion? What do i care if it doesn't favor my opinion -.-
I can't even tell.
Is anyone in here even winning this argument?

Rhetorical question of course, because no. No one is winning.

This thread has been made, and been shut down before.
I hope this one is as well, because the points being made in this thread are just reposts, of other reposts.
From both sides.

Look at the ED or The Rebirth. Both are 1× and they have together thousands of players. So it's not true that people are not attracted to these rates. All it's just about hype, we need to spread as much informations about Kronos what we can to these people on that shitty realms.

I don't like 1× rates much too, but is true that server with these rates has the most healthy economy, and if it has a good population, it has also healthy and living word, even in low lvl locations.

But again, I still think that with 1.5 or 2× rates these things and vanilla feeling will be the same, and levelig will be more time friendly.
Literally the only reason ED is succesful is their 12x server which used to be the most popular Vanilla server. Wish people would stop citing ED as an example.

ED lives off of the disappointment that warsong was. Now that they realise that ED isn't any better either players flock to Rebirth.

Wait and see guys. Your concerns are unjustified.

Doesn't favor my opinion? What do i care if it doesn't favor my opinion -.-
I can't even tell.
Is anyone in here even winning this argument?

Rhetorical question of course, because no. No one is winning.

This thread has been made, and been shut down before.
I hope this one is as well, because the points being made in this thread are just reposts, of other reposts.
From both sides.

This thread is about a suggestion to raise the level rates, like there are dozens of other suggestion threads.
The old thread has been shut down because the posts became "personal" not because of the matter of the topic.

Only reason you want this thread closed is because you have a different opinion than what the thread suggests.

warsong have to be " popular" cause feenix doesnt want people playing on ED without donates ( queues on ED). In addition, the tier progression on warsong is on naxx. You can imagine how people get bored at neverending BWL. Wish people would stop using funservers as an example.

This thread is about a suggestion to raise the level rates, like there are dozens of other suggestion threads.
The old thread has been shut down because the posts became "personal" not because of the matter of the topic.
Only reason you want this thread closed is because you have a different opinion than what the thread suggests.
Don't answer, u make it personal. Just speak on topic ;)

Last edited:
Literally the only reason ED is succesful is their 12x server which used to be the most popular Vanilla server. Wish people would stop citing ED as an example.

That's what I mentioned in my first post, the only high population 1x server is based off a 12x. Good luck to Kronos, hyped or not. If it starts off good people will leave. Feenix is a prime example of a bad high rated server succeeding, and the only example of a populated 1x is the 12x's bastard child) Don;t even count rebirth lol

remove queues, unban guilds, and warsong will be almost empty. How you can count with population, which simply cant grow. There are queues all the time, so people wanted to play there..

We all know, warsong and ed is dying most likely due to bad development since charge have change.

People who leave these server specialy warsong lookin for simillar server with new start. Some where they can kill kel'thuzad :DDDD am serious.

Atm only good counter project is mentioned rebrith wow. So the community from let's say ED will go to unknown project called kronos or good second project called rebirth? Someone said ppl reroll on rebirth and i don't think they will leave they newly leveled char just for another project who had 2 "bad starts". Scripts aren't good argument, since common guy care about kill and gear. He don't even know how should stuff work. However population is something that he understand very well ;)

There's only 1 option for kronos which is pull community with taste like warsong is, which means higher exp. rates

And about vanilla feelings. True vanilla feelings were while leveling first character in wow. Sadly it can't be reproduced.

Last edited:
We all know, warsong and ed is dying most likely due to bad development since charge have change.

People who leave these server specialy warsong lookin for simillar server with new start. Some where they can kill kel'thuzad :DDDD am serious.

Atm only good counter project is mentioned rebrith wow. So the community from let's say ED will go to unknown project called kronos or good second project called rebirth? Someone said ppl reroll on rebirth and i don't think they will leave they newly leveled char just for another project who had 2 "bad starts". Scripts aren't good argument, since common guy care about kill and gear. He don't even know how should stuff work. However population is something that he understand very well ;)

There's only 1 option for kronos which is pull community with taste like warsong is, which means higher exp. rates

And about vanilla feelings. True vanilla feelings were while leveling first character in wow. Sadly it can't be reproduced.

I agree, especially since 90% of the community have leveled elsewhere before. 1x will scare more people away than it will bring. And new servers can't afford to lose a vast majority of a possible playerbase.

I don't even want to offend you, but no suggestion or argument will sway the team to change it and for a good reason!
They had something in mind when they set the EP rates to 1*.
Like I said, some of the people who post here have been arround on the previous Kronos and are now feeling locked out because they don't want to level on 1* rates.

I mean look at the stuff they are doing, staff isn't retarded guys. It doesn't look like they don't have a plan.

Same as you I don't fancy 1 times rates cause its a punishing and cruel grind that does not teach me anything more about this game that I already know. It still makes sense for various reasons, wether you like to admit it or not.

EDIT: I asked myself this question, are the players that are scared away by 1* really the players I want to have on this server?

I don't even want to offend you, but no suggestion or argument will sway the team to change it and for a good reason!
They had something in mind when they set the EP rates to 1*.
Like I said, some of the people who post here have been arround on the previous Kronos and are now feeling locked out because they don't want to level on 1* rates.

I mean look at the stuff they are doing, staff isn't retarded guys. It doesn't look like they don't have a plan.

Same as you I don't fancy 1 times rates cause its a punishing and cruel grind that does not teach me anything more about this game that I already know. It still makes sense for various reasons, wether you like to admit it or not.

EDIT: I asked myself this question, are the players that are scared away by 1* really the players I want to have on this server?

No one denies the staff is very capable, offering the best 1.12 server.

But the server has been shut down in the past before - because of lack of population and this is what this thread is all about.

I agree, especially since 90% of the community have leveled elsewhere before. 1x will scare more people away than it will bring. And new servers can't afford to lose a vast majority of a possible playerbase.

I disagree. 1x rates will bring more people which to vanilla. Your experience i share when you wanna play later expansions. highrates are everywhere, 1x well scripter servers arent exist. If you gonna make higher rates, then its jsut "another warsong". Theres no reason to play on another highrate.

Theres no reason to play on another highrate.
Becasue i didn't spend 2 months on leveling. Right... Another facts ;)

On warsong i have 160 days /played with all 4 chars, leveled to 60 in 12h which each char. Lets count 4*0,5/160 *100% = 1,25 % game time i spend on leveling rest was on top level. Common person on vanilla makes level 60 in 6-10 days played. Agien 10/160 * 100% = 6,25%. Conclusion, doesn't matter if i would play on 1x rate or 12x rate, still leveling "experiance" is a minor thing. Completely doesn't ruin vanilla feelings

Would be nice if u could make some productive arguments rather then saying straight things "1x rates will bring more people"

To add, no i don't want kronos to be 12x like warsong. I agree these are to high, however like some one did mention before, 2-6x wouldn't hurt that much. Its easy to count.
1x - 10 days in game to 60 - 2 month in real time
2x - 5 days in game to 60 - 1 month in real time
3x - 3,(33) days in game to 60 - 2/3 month in real time
etc etc.

Of course it's all in theory but at least i point some things rather then throw empty statemants.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind that there are people out there that would want Kronos to be anything but x1. With everything these guys are promising, the attention to detal in all quests and dungeons. Why would they go out of their way to make everything as retail-like as humanly possible, and then change something so dramatic and destructive to their own concept.

Why would they want to rush us through such a huge and important part of the game experience? Surely I can't be the only one out there that values the adventure from 1-60 at least as highly as the end game.
And you know damn well how much even x2 is going change the entire leveling experience.

I realise that some of you maybe just don't want to level again for the 100th time. Thats fine - I think I can understand that - but you should be able to find many other servers out there that will instantly give you lvl 60. In all honesty, a server that puts this much time into all aspects of the game probably does not have you as their main target demographic anyway.

Some of you speculate that the population will suffer because of a low experience rate. I believe it's the exact other way around. I believe that sticking to the formula that Kronos has promised (#1 blizz-like server) is going to get us the most succesfull population.
But just like any one of you, I can't know this for certain - and we will all ultimately have to wait and see.

I think I can understand that - but you should be able to find many other servers out there that will instantly give you lvl 60.

Just fuck off seriously

Literally everybody who cares about this server cares about it because of superior scripting etc, or they'd just be playing on Warsong/Al'akir or whatever.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind that there are people out there that would want Kronos to be anything but x1. With everything these guys are promising, the attention to detal in all quests and dungeons. Why would they go out of their way to make everything as retail-like as humanly possible, and then change something so dramatic and destructive to their own concept.

Why would they want to rush us through such a huge and important part of the game experience? Surely I can't be the only one out there that values the adventure from 1-60 at least as highly as the end game.
And you know damn well how much even x2 is going change the entire leveling experience.

I realise that some of you maybe just don't want to level again for the 100th time. Thats fine - I think I can understand that - but you should be able to find many other servers out there that will instantly give you lvl 60. In all honesty, a server that puts this much time into all aspects of the game probably does not have you as their main target demographic anyway.

Some of you speculate that the population will suffer because of a low experience rate. I believe it's the exact other way around. I believe that sticking to the formula that Kronos has promised (#1 blizz-like server) is going to get us the most succesfull population.
But just like any one of you, I can't know this for certain - and we will all ultimately have to wait and see.

"Nah man, cause, you see cause, it's bad, and cause, the server will die, and cause facts. You just don't understand man. The Facts man. Read more."

Why would they want to rush us through such a huge and important part of the game experience?
Because it's boring. Quests up from level 1 to level 60 are based on same thing. Go there, kill 10, come back.
Wouldn't mind level on 1x rate if questes were acutally somewhere close to wotlk/cata/mop - yes there are more instresting.

"Nah man, cause, you see cause, it's bad, and cause, the server will die, and cause facts. You just don't understand man. The Facts man. Read more."

No words for you sorry. Just proves your IQ

After hundreds of hours of continuos development already done you would like to set other rates then 1x?

U mad bro?

Kronos has the worldwide potential to be the nextgen vanilla server experience, that childrens of your children will talk about.. About all the details Kronos team has taken care of.. about the unbeatable smell and taste of Vanilla cooked by the best cooks and you would like make it a high rate?

Lemme quote a piece from Amy Winehouse jewels..

,,They tried to make me go to rehab but I said, "No, no, no" ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom