• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I'm new to this. Couple ?'s

Vespillo

I think I've gotten the legal question out of the way, but I have a few other issues I can't seem to find answers for.

#1) Can I use the original install disks (as I still have them) to install the game and then follow the steps to make is Kronos accessible?

#2) (If answer to #1 is no) I can't seem to find anywhere that I can download the game client. I mean I see the links provided and try to DL the "torrent", but all i get is a broken 27kb file that I can't figure out what to do with. I do have WinRar. Also, the "DL in 3 parts" thing takes me to a site that wants me to pay for the file download. Which scares me a bit too. First, it's in Yugoslavia or something and I have no idea what that translates to in dollars. Second, doesn't "paying" for it bring up another legal issue?

That's all I got for now. Obviously this works because so many of you have been playing for awhile. I'm excited by the prospect of playing Vanilla again, had SO much fun when the game was actually a CHALLENGE!

1) You can, but you will have to manually patch up to 1.12.1, which is a mess if my memory serves me right.

2) The torrent file only contains information about what files to download and where to download them from. You'll need a client like µTorrent to use the information stored in the .torrent file and download the actual game files from peers.

In case you have any doubt about torrents: µTorrent is one of the most commonly used clients for it, and the program itself is innocent. Bad/harmful torrents exist, but the one linked here on Kronos has been used many times without causing issues, so I would deem it safe to use.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I had uTorrent a LONG time ago but couldn't ever figure out what to do with it lol. Now I got it going :)

Top Bottom