• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Implementation of the Ranking System

Ghostly

Hello. Here is something I want to suggest regarding PvP and the ranking system.

Basically, with high rank comes great rewards, so many people go for R14 because it gives them incredibly powerful weapons and very good gear. So many people form premades, do battlegrounds 24/7 and basically do PvP as if it was a chore. But the ranking system was implemented in Patch 1.4.0, which was released 6 months after the game went live. Before it was released, there were no ranks, no standings, no battlegrounds to grind.

So why not bring some of that early vanilla goodness to Kronos? What I suggest is delaying the release of PvP Honor System at this server. At least for the first couple of months, this server could focus on open-world PvP just for the sake of fun. Then there can be battlegrounds, honorable kills, all that kind of stuff.

nop

no but seriously, this would be a huge turn off for anyone looking for serious pvp, and while starting in an earlier version might sound great, it means a huge effort by the staff. And if you only implement a part of the earlier versions, other groups will come and cry for their own personal niché wantings.

Last edited:
It's not really an implementation of an earlier version, it's delaying a feature that was introduced later in the WoW. It's no different from delaying the release of BWL, or AQ.

Hello. Here is something I want to suggest regarding PvP and the ranking system.

Basically, with high rank comes great rewards, so many people go for R14 because it gives them incredibly powerful weapons and very good gear. So many people form premades, do battlegrounds 24/7 and basically do PvP as if it was a chore. But the ranking system was implemented in Patch 1.4.0, which was released 6 months after the game went live. Before it was released, there were no ranks, no standings, no battlegrounds to grind.

So why not bring some of that early vanilla goodness to Kronos? What I suggest is delaying the release of PvP Honor System at this server. At least for the first couple of months, this server could focus on open-world PvP just for the sake of fun. Then there can be battlegrounds, honorable kills, all that kind of stuff.

nop

no but seriously, this would be a huge turn off for anyone looking for serious pvp, and while starting in an earlier version might sound great, it means a huge effort by the staff. And if you only implement a part of the earlier versions, other groups will come and cry for their own personal niché wantings.

I think you didn't get what Ghostly said. He didn't mention to start at a earlier version, only delaying the start of PvP Ranking System.

Guys, you don't realise, that the game is 10 years old already and blizz added many features because community demanded it. If devs will do this, then PvErs will come and demand gear stats nerf, because gear got boosted in later patches and boost MC, because it got nerfed in time. These changes are a "road to hell paved with good intentions".

Be glad, that Content will be progresively released, that both, PvP and PvErs have something to compete at and everything will be 95-100% working. All these ideas are just nonsenses, that come to your mind because of boredom.

It would be cool in my opinion. its the same with the raid dungeons to be honest :)

Not sure if it is really, really ... highly needed.

Would make pvp-only players probably level more relaxed :D

Guys, you don't realise, that the game is 10 years old already and blizz added many features because community demanded it. If devs will do this, then PvErs will come and demand gear stats nerf, because gear got boosted in later patches and boost MC, because it got nerfed in time. These changes are a "road to hell paved with good intentions".

Be glad, that Content will be progresively released, that both, PvP and PvErs have something to compete at and everything will be 95-100% working. All these ideas are just nonsenses, that come to your mind because of boredom.
yup thats what i wanted to say

All I can say is fuck no. PvP the minute I hit 60.

- - - Updated - - -

And I mean BG's. Go world PvP if you want but doing it that way will give the server a lower population.

At least for the first couple of months, this server could focus on open-world PvP just for the sake of fun.

I'll always be doing tons of world PvP. I love cruising popular farming spots and stirring up some chaos. :gatling:

That's a really bad argument, and I suppose you're pointing it somewhat at what suggestions I previously had. It might be true if the developers have no sense of how the design in the game works, but please stop calling it nonsense and giving it the stupid treatment you are spouting. You're presenting a lot of stuff as facts while in reality it's just a very subjective opinion.

Anyways, I would love to see more of the world PvP. Wish I could experience more of the Southshore, Crossroads and Orgrimmar battles.

It would be nice if the devs could chime in every now and then instead of some of the regular naysayers...

Blizzard implemented the Honor system in 1.4.0 just because earlier they didn't have time for its development. It certainly wasn't the intention.

I enjoy how most of people here wants server in absolutely Blizzlike state - and they think that every act of Blizzard in old days has higher sense...

Guys, Blizzard is not god, and they didn't implemented all of these later features at launch just because they didn't have resources for it.

What i wanted to say - Yeah, you experienced only world PvP in first few months from the release, but now, it can backfire. PvPers can decide to start actively playing after Honor system is implemented (when they know, when it will). Also, why to PvP without any reward? Of course, that there are players that will do it no matter what, because they enjoy it, i'm just not convinced, that there will be many.

I think, if there will be no delaying, admins should put at least some restriction for pvp gear, cause it's easyer to gear up in pvp. U can start getting ranks from low lvls, so when pve players just start farming ubrs, prob mc, some of pvpers will have almost 7-9 ranks. Even rank 10 full gear is good enough, to get advantage over other people, but still acceptable. Rank 12-14 gear is equal to BWL t2, so i think, it's shouldn't be possible to get those ranks, or at least buy this gear from vendors, till first BWL full clearing.

you have to keep in mind honor system work properly isnt possible to rank up easy like on rebirth/ed even on low pop , getting past r10 will be kinda impossible without a big playerbase in pvp

Ye i know, but first, u can't say how many players will come here, when server opens.
And second, without a big playerbase ppl can't do instances properly eighter. Progression become too slow also.

Well, on last incarnation of kronos, first r14 player reached that rank about 6 months from when Nefarians death.

I think, we should look how it goes. If some guilds start doing mc in first month after getting 60, and will do it good, if progression will go fast, it's better idea to enter r14 gear before bwl, or at least in same time with bwl opening.

Top Bottom