• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other In search of a class I can like

Which of these 3 classes do you think is best?

• Total voters

RudyRaccoon

Choosing a class you like just isn't easy no matter how long you've played the game for and no matter which expansion of WoW you play. Recently I tried testing different classes on a different Vanilla server that does instant 60 which I will not mention the name of to try out PvP but what I will say by testing the various classes is that I certainly played better as a range class than a melee class character but mind you I've always never been good at melee.

Originally I thought Mage would be the class for me but I'm actually finding myself struggling with this class, sure Mage is easy to play but in reality Mage is a class that requires really good skill like being able to time Frost Novas right and having to put up Ice Barrier/Mana Shield all the time, missing the Frost Nova cast on an enemy is just devastating. So I don't want to play a fragile cloth class so that leaves me with 2 or 3 classes, Hunter, Shaman and possibility Druid.

Hunter
+ Pure DPS Class (don't have to worry about healing nobody)
+ Very easy to level
- Expensive ammo/Ammo crafting grinding
- Multi-tasking with pet

Shaman
+ Has most interesting spells like Chain Lightning and Frost Shock. :biggrin:
+ Holds a shield for greater defence overall.
- Totems

Druid
+ Travel Form to make getaways so more forgiving.
+/- The traditional Balance spec is to be in Moonkin form, although it gives the damage and armour increase but you end up looking like a fat chicken. There is also the the Nature's Swiftness + Insect Swarm Balance build but you'll likely not be able to survive because of the next reason.
- Entangling Roots in Vanilla only works "outside"...:death:

Last edited:
Are you mostly PvE- or PvP-oriented? Both shamans and druids are mostly healing in raids; Balance is even more unpopular than Feral, and Elemental - more unpopular, than Enhancement (afaik - but anyway non-healing specs are quite rare for any class which can heal) - someone would consider it as a huge minuses.

Really, your being so harsh about specs that are rarely used in Vanilla. Just as a reminder, just because it was unused in Vanilla doesn't mean it's terrible.

Last edited:
Balance and Elemental are the two worst specs for raiding though, especially the latter as it brings absolutely nothing unique to the raid. You may be able to convince someone to bring a balance druid for the 3% spell crit once mages swap to fire, but it wouldn't make up for a pure dps.

For PvP though, Elemental is one of the most fun specs ever, but you will have to off-heal.

Balance and Elemental are the two worst specs for raiding though, especially the latter as it brings absolutely nothing unique to the raid. You may be able to convince someone to bring a balance druid for the 3% spell crit once mages swap to fire, but it wouldn't make up for a pure dps.

For PvP though, Elemental is one of the most fun specs ever, but you will have to off-heal.

I see what you mean, I suppose Hunter is the best bet to go with if your not interested in healing.

Last edited:
Over my time in WoW I've levelled a warrior, mage, hunter, priest and paladin to max level throughout different expansions. I had a warrior and a hunter in vanilla. If you're interested in pure dps, a fury warrior can go absolutely mental when raiding. I remember tearing up the metres and being right up there for dps when I was swinging my swords wildly in there with all the leather-clad rogues. Vanilla WoW certainly made it difficult to have versatility in raids as some classes really lacked punch whether it was damage output or healing power. The following recommendations are my opinion;

If you want pure dps; mage, hunter, warrior, rogue.

If you want some variety; paladin, shaman, druid.

If you want to heal primarily; priest.

I wouldn't discount a fury warrior for damage as Vanilla and BC were where warriors shone brightest!

Top Bottom