• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Incentive to start on this server (Just an idea)

What would prevent anyone from creating multiple accounts to cash in lots of gold? Bad idea indeed

The gold "gift" is probably the worst idea I have heard in a while. +15g at level1? It's cheating. Things like that will literally kill the server. And like others say, it is eploitable; everyone can understand that.

Why should you receive anything to play on the server? What should draw the attention is the quality of the server, not lure new players with retarded gifts, that in fact will/can damage the server.

Close thread?

What would prevent anyone from creating multiple accounts to cash in lots of gold? Bad idea indeed

Making it not worthwhile? e.g. you only get 5 gold, after levelling to 15. Who in their right mind would get 15 and then level up another character to 15 for 5 gold? When he could use that time to get his first char to 20 and make more money in the process.
I'm not the OP, but as I see it, it's not about giving people cheats/shortcuts/whatever, but about giving them "OMGFREESTUFF". Works wonders in real life advertising.

Anyways, it's not like this is a groundbreaking suggestion that absolutely needs to be implemented, but I do think it is worth considering in some form and I'm starting to get tired of all the negativity lately.

Making it not worthwhile? e.g. you only get 5 gold, after levelling to 15. Who in their right mind would get 15 and then level up another character to 15 for 5 gold? When he could use that time to get his first char to 20 and make more money in the process.
I'm not the OP, but as I see it, it's not about giving people cheats/shortcuts/whatever, but about giving them "OMGFREESTUFF". Works wonders in real life advertising.

Anyways, it's not like this is a groundbreaking suggestion that absolutely needs to be implemented, but I do think it is worth considering in some form and I'm starting to get tired of all the negativity lately.
Send me a PM and I can send you a good number of fun-servers with all these "fun" features that you look for. You get free gold, free mount etc. You don't have to do anything there. All you have to do is sit and watch the game do everything for you.

Granting a cosmetic pet to new players is perfectly fine, it doesn't grant any form of advantage. But nothing further than that should be acceptable.

If you want to attract players - quality is your best bet. And looking by the numbers it is going just great. No need for stupid giveaways...

Common, guys, you realy compare fun servers to gift of 5 gold when you reach level 15? What it will change? What it will break? If you add it for, for example first month, it will only lure more players because, even if it's nothing in late game, it will help leveling a little bit. And as mentioned above, these small things works wery well in real advertisement.

Imagine, that you go to the shop and want to buy an notebook for 3k euro and the will give you 50 euro discount. Then you go elsewhere where they give you that notebook for free. Is that the same? No, it isn't, just like 5 gold gift and fun servers are not.

I personaly don't mind about these things, i just want you to look at it from another perspective.

Common, guys, you realy compare fun servers to gift of 5 gold when you reach level 15? What it will change? What it will break? If you add it for, for example first month, it will only lure more players because, even if it's nothing in late game, it will help leveling a little bit. And as mentioned above, these small things works wery well in real advertisement.

Imagine, that you go to the shop and want to buy an notebook for 3k euro and the will give you 50 euro discount. Then you go elsewhere where they give you that notebook for free. Is that the same? No, it isn't, just like 5 gold gift and fun servers are not.

I personaly don't mind about these things, i just want you to look at it from another perspective.

Exactly, that's why I agree with the incentive, regardless if it is a moderate amount of gold or some vanity item. Besides, the idea is a limited time for it, to make more people join the comunity at the beginning. It's not like it will be free gold / item forever.

Why do you need to be motivated to play WoW in the form of being given things for free? Classic is all about working yourself up and developing your character and eventually you will be rewarded. Not being rewarded for no reason. This idea will eventually backfire for sure. 5 gold translates to not having to worry about training your abilities for a good amount of time.

I don't care how small the "gift" is, it's a really bad sign if a server needs to lure players to them for any kind of amount/type of gift. It's the game and the quality of the server that should be motivating the players, because of its flawless state. Do you have any idea how needy this gold-idea sounds?

This is next-level begging.

On top of all this, Kronos doesn't even need to provide features like this because it gets more than enough attention just by the development videos alone. Plus that, if they do release a video purely for advertisement, it will grant/guarantee a solid amount of players. Look at Q-Gaming (if you've heard of it) back in the day. It was by far the most broken server to be ever released, but on the first week they averaged 1200-1500 players purely based on their advertisement on YouTube.

All in all, this is unnecessary for Kronos, and players certainly don't need 5 gold for motivation.

Last edited:
yeah, what a terrible idea to try to lure more people here with something that won't affect neither the balance nor the difficulty of the levelling process (which, for some reason, most of you seem to want as difficult as possible)

brb gonna go kill myself now for ever thinking more population would be better.

I simply do not see how a small incentive will actually attract anyone to play here.

Last edited:

If you want leveling to be easier (or faster, or spells to be free, or to get free bags) then go play on a fun server. That's what everyone else is saying.

And yes, 5g is essentially the same thing as free spells until a set level.

If you want leveling to be easier (or faster, or spells to be free, or to get free bags) then go play on a fun server. That's what everyone else is saying.

And yes, 5g is essentially the same thing as free spells until a set level.
If you want to have 1x so bad, go play on ed. Oh wait you dont want to? Neither will people who prefer endgame content over leveling want to play on funservers. So stop wih this bullshit argument please.

If you want to have 1x so bad, go play on ed. Oh wait you dont want to? Neither will people who prefer endgame content over leveling want to play on funservers. So stop wih this bullshit argument please.
Why the "Oh wait you dont want to"? At the very beginning of ED they managed >1,5k players minimum because people believed in an authentic experience which was proven very wrong later on; so how can you blame them for it? They went there because it was supposed to be a blizzlike-experience to make myself clear. I'm pretty sure that Hagson here would play on ED if it wasn't in a broken state like the 1,5k others who believed in it, in the very beginning. (I wonder how many times I will have to repeat myself until you understand how bad you make yourself look)

Classic is all about the combination of developing your character and making it ready for endgame. You miss 50% of the journey if you get carried or being handed things for free. Embrace the game as it is and quit being needy.

I simply do not see how a small incentive will actually attract anyone to play here.

Hey, I'm a random vanilla player. I'm currently playing on xxx, but heard nice things about Kronos... Do I want to abandon my precious character? Not really. Am I intrigued by a less buggy server? Yes. Yeah they have less bugs, but they don't have my character, maybe I'll just see how things turn out and if my server dies I'll move there. Or I'll move there only if they get 1k online, no use in levelling on a low pop server. Yeah why hurry to try it out, I'll wait.
Kronos is launching tomorrow guys, come now and get a 5g bonus if you stick around at least until level 15. This limited offer ends in two weeks!
Wait what? If I start right now I'll have an easier time levelling?(not really) That may come in handy if I ever decide to move there. And 15 levels isn't that much, I could probably get it in a day or two (or three), then I'll get my bonus gold and I'll have that char ready if I ever decide to play there. OK, I was going to try it out eventually, I'll do it now while I can take advantage of that limited offer. Wow, nice, that boar actually evaded, instead of chasing me through whole of Mulgore. Hey! That rare lion(whose name I forgot) actually dropped a green item! I have never seen this class quest work before! Congratulations, you have reached level 15! Finally, I'm done, time to go back to xxx. What? A Deadmines group is one dps short? OK, guess I'll check out dungeon scripting while I'm here...That group loot!?! That threat!?! That spell!?! Yeah, that does it, xxx sucks balls, I'm staying here.

Hey, I'm a random vanilla player. I'm currently playing on xxx, but heard nice things about Kronos... Do I want to abandon my precious character? Not really. Am I intrigued by a less buggy server? Yes. Yeah they have less bugs, but they don't have my character, maybe I'll just see how things turn out and if my server dies I'll move there. Or I'll move there only if they get 1k online, no use in levelling on a low pop server. Yeah why hurry to try it out, I'll wait.
Kronos is launching tomorrow guys, come now and get a 5g bonus if you stick around at least until level 15. This limited offer ends in two weeks!
Wait what? If I start right now I'll have an easier time levelling?(not really) That may come in handy if I ever decide to move there. And 15 levels isn't that much, I could probably get it in a day or two (or three), then I'll get my bonus gold and I'll have that char ready if I ever decide to play there. OK, I was going to try it out eventually, I'll do it now while I can take advantage of that limited offer. Wow, nice, that boar actually evaded, instead of chasing me through whole of Mulgore. Hey! That rare lion(whose name I forgot) actually dropped a green item! I have never seen this class quest work before! Congratulations, you have reached level 15! Finally, I'm done, time to go back to xxx. What? A Deadmines group is one dps short? OK, guess I'll check out dungeon scripting while I'm here...That group loot!?! That threat!?! That spell!?! Yeah, that does it, xxx sucks balls, I'm staying here.

This.

If they want easymode they will choose a highrate server, I understand the way you think but it's just not necessary. If people know about the server they will try it. No incentive will change that, it probably would even have the opposite effect because it is not blizzlike and it looks desperate.

If they want easymode they will choose a highrate server, I understand the way you think but it's just not necessary. If people know about the server they will try it. No incentive will change that, it probably would even have the opposite effect because it is not blizzlike and it looks desperate.

I tend to agree with this. Non blizzlike "incentives" (free shit) is a turn-off, to me.

If you want to have 1x so bad, go play on ed. Oh wait you dont want to?

It's funny you should say that.
I am playing on ED, once Kronos launches that will most likely change since it seems to be the better server.

Neither will people who prefer endgame content over leveling want to play on funservers.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, I was simply saying that if you're not after the vanilla leveling experience and would rather want something easier (or faster) there might be other servers that suit your needs more.

- - - Updated - - -

No incentive will change that, it probably would even have the opposite effect because it is not blizzlike and it looks desperate.

this

First off get the absolutely absurd idea that anyone at all will be getting gold for starting on this server. Won't happen.

Which really just makes this post quite silly, and obviously not very logical.

In fact.
This whole thread is illogical.
Lots of illogical threads getting posted around here lately...

I thought this server was all about being as blizz like as possible? What I thought was really interesting about this server is that it's (hopefully) going to be just like when I started playing WOW all those years ago!

And there are different aspects of the game that different people may think is a little dull but then you must suffer a little dullness for the overall good of the server.

Can't we just have it as blizz like as possible and then if there's issues with BG participation or too low population or what not after launching it "pure" THEN start to think about all this kind of stuff? It's like we are trying to fix problems that are not even there yet.

Okay, let's just agree to disagree. It's no use discussing this with people who dismiss something so insignificant as 5 fucking gold coins as being non-blizzlike. It's 5 gold ffs, you buy a bag or some Common two hander from a vendor and it's gone. And never have I said that it has to be exactly 5, the amount, as is everything, is open for consideration.
The suggestion is here and even though it's labeled as absurd by some dude and some other dudes, noone with even the basic knowledge of marketing can claim that this kind of promotion doesn't work. The staff will have the finaly say and if they decide they don't want this, or they don't have the time to implement it, that's fine by me.

(I would really wish for Kronos to implement monthly payments and weekly server maintenance though, just so that your blizzlike dreams come true.)

If someone wont try a awesome server just because he didnt get something like 5 gold, what makes you think he has the guts to level 1-60.

Guys, can we stop arguing about these problems that dont even exist yet...

I've seen this happen for years in CC forums, doesnt help community or server at all. I know that some people are afraid the server wont have enough population, and tries to come with ideas to help. But i dont think thats necessary at this point. Just take a look at the forums, how many people are active and how many votes are cast in polls. We have tens of active english speakers from CZ/SK and international community. With rebirth gone, Kronos became the only upcoming/new/fresh vanilla server people are talking about.

The real issue you should think about is, how to attract people from Peenix realms who invested their time in ED. These people already leveled several toons in 1x, without gold/giveaway/welfare. I had 3 60s, with alltogether 100 days/played in ED. From their PoV(and mine), that 5 gold is something that doesnt fit in with a blizzlike realm. All custom changes are viewed as noob and casual friendly in the eyes of these people :)

You cant win them over with custom changes, free stuff and casual friendly attractions. We have to prove that Kronos is better than Feenix, and worth their time to play.

If give 5g to a brand new character, Hundreds of people will mass create/delete characters mailing the gold to their bank alt.

Private server economy is gonna be a bitch either way... but thats gonna spike it hard and fast.

Top Bottom