• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[MC] Molten Core Is fire resistance gear needed for MC?

Lemon124

Im wondering if fire resistance gear will be needed in MC. on retail vanilla wow as soon as i got to lvl 60 TBC came out so i never got to raid. I did however raid MC on ED and fire resistant gear wasn't really needed. I always hear people say you needed fire resistant gear back in the day and it required farming. can someone clarify why generally on private servers fire resistance gear is not really needed? will Kronos be different? has MC been nerfed on private servers?

Its is recommended, but not needed.
With the talent revamp and the item revamp you can cover up the former resistance requirements for Molten Core. In earlier patches it was mandatory though.

As for tanks, you should have at least 2 tanks who reach the resistance cap with fire resistance totem or aura. Best would be if they can reach it with just MotW.
Maybe as a melee you can swap to some fire resistance gear on Ragnaros. For anything else I don't see the necessity.

You need 2 tanks with 285 FR unbuffed, otherwise no you don't need any as dps/heals.

All you need is 315 resistance during fight with Ragnaros, Geddon and maybe Golemagg.
How you reach that is unimportant.
If you have trouble reaching the cap of 315 you can also get the LBRS buff with 81 fire resistance.

Just for your information, resistance stacking from different buffs is fixed here and only the strongest will apply to you (with some exception ofc, like flask).

60 fire resistance from paladin aura paired with MotW will result in 60 fire resistance.

I would advice "ALWAYS" to get the LBRS buff for the entire raid if possible since it is fairly easy to get and nearby :wink:

Its a huge waste of time if you want to get it for everyone in the raid.

All you need is 315 resistance during fight with Ragnaros, Geddon and maybe Golemagg.
How you reach that is unimportant.
If you have trouble reaching the cap of 315 you can also get the LBRS buff with 81 fire resistance.

Just for your information, resistance stacking from different buffs is fixed here and only the strongest will apply to you (with some exception ofc, like flask).

60 fire resistance from paladin aura paired with MotW will result in 60 fire resistance.

motw and aura/totem dont' stack

60 fire resistance from paladin aura paired with 20 fire resistance from MotW will result in 60 fire resistance.
Better? :p

60 (aura) + 20 (motw) = 60 (aura)

Only the strongest Fire Resistance buff will apply.

I wonder if a real Kronos experience added something to the knowledge about FR on 1.12. What's the lowest MT FR for the full MC in the history of raiding here? :) I bet there were guilds which cleared MC with their tank(s) not having a FR cap.

I bet there were guilds which cleared MC with their tank(s) not having a FR cap.

last time we tried raggy w/o fr cap the mt didnt resist a single knockback. It's obviously possible, but unfun.

Why would you be counting on resisting a knock-back for killing rag?

@the 285 is required unbuffed, no.

To reach cap w/o LBRS buff, 240 is required. 15 from JuJu Ember, puts you at 255 and Aura/Totem gives you 60 = 315 FR cap.

Having two tanks in FR gear makes life easy but is not required. I used to host a pug MC from our normal run to farm Thunderfury and other selecdt items and we only had 1 FR geared tank to start. This is how you manage with 1:

The key mechanic Rag has is a knock-back in 30 second intervals while fighting. He will not do this knock-back however if nobody is in melee range. So what you do is at 3 sec to knock-back have melee AND the Main Tank run out, the Off Tank OR an assigned Hunter Pet then runs in and "eat" the knock-back. Main tank goes in after seeing the successful knock-back and melee back in soon after threat is reestablished.

This lowers raid DPS for melee a bit due to having to wait about 3-4 seconds longer each knock-back rotation but you can still bring him down pre-submerge if you are not in full blues.

/thread

Top Bottom