• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Is it allowed to play wsg on this server?

i wonder how many times you have to get called out for being fucking retarded before you have to start questioning yourself and your policies when you work for kronos staff

Wait, being on the roof of any of the entrances and fence jumping is bannable? Man I missed so many opportunities to ban people

Wait, being on the roof of any of the entrances and fence jumping is bannable? Man I missed so many opportunities to ban people
it is some kind of griefing

and ban most probable for not following rules that GM asked you

We've looked at this internally and discovered a misunderstanding in communication between our team and the player in question. Performing the jump is fine - terrain editing is not, and our team believed it was the latter. We apologize for the confusion caused. Moving forward, our current policy for BG safe-zones still stands: Safespotting: It's against the rules to attack/grief players from positions where either only specific classes/race can access or guards cannot attack the offending player(s). Example: Cenarion Hold, Lights Hope Chapel. Safe spotting in battlegrounds is also not allowed.

Reactions: dms
We've looked at this internally and discovered a misunderstanding in communication between our team and the player in question. Performing the jump is fine - terrain editing is not, and our team believed it was the latter. We apologize for the confusion caused. Moving forward, our current policy for BG safe-zones still stands: Safespotting: It's against the rules to attack/grief players from positions where either only specific classes/race can access or guards cannot attack the offending player(s). Example: Cenarion Hold, Lights Hope Chapel. Safe spotting in battlegrounds is also not allowed.
strictly speaking open world here... I interpret this as saying if you can mitigate or avoid guard damage using abilities/skill/consumables, a town kill is legit and will not ever be punished. However, concerns still linger. I read this as saying you can use clever use of game mechanics and/or character movement in contested areas and will not receive punishment, as the offender in question can be reached by any victim by the same means, though unlikely with damage and cc preventing them if alone. (Tanaris roofs/walls and Booty Bay structures also come to mind from your examples, but frankly there are spots in every town and major city. The 'blink only' spots are pretty well known and can be dealt with case by case I would imagine). More clarification on "It's against the rules to attack/grief players from positions where ... guards cannot attack the offending player(s)." is needed. I read this as, "You cannot camp in a place where guards are resetting over and over due to proximity aggro failing repeatedly, while you attack anything in range" Which makes sense, looking at those mages. Yet does this also imply 1. you cannot be in an unreachable place even though you aren't within any aggro ranges in the first place? 2. you cannot flee to a known safe location, through means like jumping, slow fall or swim speed potion? 3. places where it takes too long for guards to reach you to have effect, attempting to juggle pathing? These are somewhat valid and intended world pvp mechanics, they can apply to any level pvp fighting in any part of the open world with npcs entering the mix. PvP with PvE mob control is the real end game, I would say. Standing on CH Pillar nuking everything for hk or bloodthirst does not compare to fighting in and around the architecture that actually creates the city/town itself Look, I gotta split now, and I cant edit posts so I'm just gonna say, please don't have a heavy ban hammer on what some people would jump and cry griefer without a second thought, this is a pvp game at its heart and people deserve to be a little harrassed sometimes, and kept on their toes! Rivalries are a good thing. thanks for the work guys sorry for any sour grapes.. but let us kill AND annoy each other tybye

Top Bottom