• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Is it really about offering the perfect 1.12.1 server?

Zzuk

Hello,
every server around is claiming that they only exist for the purpose of offering the best possible gameplay. What bugs me a lot is that every server is putting those and other equal bullshit phrases on their page yet they are not really interested in improving the gameplay experience for the whole community by cooperating with other servers nor contributing to the open source project offering the base software.

The current situation:

Feenix

prolly the biggest but in terms of gameplay and staff mindset the worst project. It feels like the whole gameplay (mechanics, scripting etc.) is dependent on the programmers they are paying at the moment. Instead of fixing quests offering the possibility to dupe items they just disable them. Class mechanics are broken since the beginning and arent getting fixed. The list is never ending.
Dont tell me its not about cash. Ask Athairne for his car and all the other life enhancements he financed with feenix.

Vanilla-Gaming, Rebirth and other tiny servers
To be honest I cant say a lot about those servers but in my opinion they missed the right point to get big. Its about the boom in the beginning (creating a hype like q-gaming did for example). If this wont happen you will end up with a project as tiny as the above mentioned.

My idea
If you dont care about my opinion: Dont read.
Its easy to say "why you dont group up with other projects" since people have different goals, mindsets and personalitys and we all know how hard it can be to work together with persons you dont have a good rapport with.

But seeing the last four years of the 1.12.1 scene is pretty sad: Feenix is and remains big. Thousand of tiny projects evolve around it but end up dead since the playerbase is missing.

Right now there are two projects I have big hopes for:
1. (You guess it?) Kronos
2. Classic Warcraft (http://classicwarcraft.com/)

Both make the appearance of really aiming for a good project instead of a money making machine. Both projects have ambitious developers working hand in hand with also ambitious testers. Both projects are in development for ages (dont be deceived by the page of cw, they really put a lot of effort into it).

Its maybe utopian and only a fantasy in my head but seeing those two projects unite would be a dream for me.
We either end up with one big project or another two projects which dont get the playerbase they deserve because of splitting either half half or in favor of one project.

Another word about Feenix? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwhCUemk1XA
Second video with a looooooot of new exploits and content is about to be released soon.

Thanks for reading

First of all, feenix does not have an anticheat. Its only a "unregular package" detection.
Kronos got a working system which is one of the biggest reasons you should play here.

I've heard about the other server you posted, but you can't really judge it just from the text on the frontpage :)

Most of the times feenix prevailed just solemnly for their large community. They make PvP videos, they click other peoples PvP videos, they stream instances and what not. So feenix got pretty known even outside of the vanilla community. And this is the only advantage they got...
Now that the vanilla community realises how shit they are (also thanks to players like you) my confidence in high Quality realms like Kronos came back.

Short answer: Yes, Kronos is about offereing a high quality experience.

Last edited:
Long time ago I heard about Project Westfall, isn't that Classic Warcraft their work?
Also there is a mystery http://pretbc.com/ site for months, but seems definitely dead.

Merge of projects is a nice idea, but, sadly, nearly impossible. Just try to tell devs from classicwarcraft, that there is a project, developed for 4 years, with solid background (Kronos) and ask them to abandon their project and join Kronos. They will not do it, neither Kronos staff will.

Furthermore, if they claim, that they have maded great progress in one year, then that means, that they are at spot, where kronos was about 2-3 years before.

About "moneymaking machine" - Twinstar is based on quality. I have played on all their servers and they realy do it just to provide the best wow experience they can. And with good quality comes large community and with community a money, so they can provide even better experience with improving servers, security, services and so on...

Back in time, Archaica tried to cooperate and/or merge with Valkyrie. Let's just say that it didn't end well...

Didn't they also try to merge with Kronos? I remember someone coming into the Archaica forum and laughing at the community. Well it didn't end well for Kronos 1 either.

Well, merges of already running servers are always problematic. However, joining "in development" projects together is nice idea. But as i've sayed before, its utopy i guess.

Not to mention, that some kind of concurency is allways healthy. When you get good server (and others are like feenix), you don't have much motivation to improve. But when there are other good projects, it drives you to get as best as you can.

There are a lot of astonishing fixes claimed to have been made to Kronos that you never would've expected to be fixed on any server after playing on a few.

Expanding into a team of developers to hasten development on less important subjects and perfect minor details in quests and such would be nice to have though in my opinion.

Hey Zzuk my dick! :p

Last edited:
I heard that Valkyrie merged with Scriptcraft... Sometimes it may be possible to come to an agreement, work together and stop scripting the same things. If Kronos administration try to contact "competitors", it'll be a huge benefit for everyone. And even if the agreement will never be signed - it will bring Kronos a little more fame :)

WOW, hold your horses there.
ScriptCraft didn't merge with Valkyrie at all. ScriptCraft closed and selling the player database to Valkyrie was Gummys last attempt to make some dough with his project.
You could dupe items and ScriptCraft and some accounts that were transfered had reach the gold cap with countless materials stacked on their toons.
What good was Valkyries hack protection when they openly invited hackers to join their community?

MC-WoW merged with feenix. What did the server become? Al'Akir instant 60...

Lharts is correct, there was no merge whatsoever, only the character database got imported into Valkyrie's own.

If Kronos is so promising and if there are really other people willing to cooperate on remaking the true vanilla experience, I wonder why nobody has contacted Chero about helping with the development.

Its plain obvious why that is :)
All servers, big or small, reward money. Twinstar also makes money with their projects. Though as long as they are not selling anything that interferes with my gaming experience then I am totally fine with it. After all they offer a service to me which I ginuinely enjoy.

Bullshit. Gummy DID NOT sell the character database. In fact, he was even dumb enough to openly post a link to the SC1 character dump.
There was a merge, but the merge was for the players only and Valkyrie did not want Gummy on their team. Just stop talking shit, when you were obviously not there when it happened.

I don't like the Valkyrie administration with their whole whole x1 tryhard bullshit and their facist moderation either. They could've had 1000+ players by now and easily beaten ED, but whenever they had a large amount of English players coming in, they fuckedup one way or another.

Top Bottom