• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question Is Kronos planning on moving to tBC?

ErosNightleaf

I heard a rumour from a friend that Kronos will be moving on to the Burning Crusade when WoW Classic comes out. Is this true? And if so, will it be possible to transfer a character from Kronos (I) to the new server for free? I'd really like to play TBC but my friends and I already have characters that we love on our current server.

Greetings,

Project Kronos is planning on moving forward to a Burning Crusade expansion. However, we have never mentioned a public release date for it. Project Kronos has a high standard when it comes to the server quality, we do not rush our work because there's a big market of players that are interested in a TBC expansion. We like to take our time, making sure that we have a polished expansion that can live up to the reputation before releasing it to the public.

Players will have the option to copy their vanilla characters over to a tbc realm. The vanilla realm will remain open for those who wish to remain and continue playing their favorite version of World of Warcraft. I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Flash.

Greetings,

Project Kronos is planning on moving forward to a Burning Crusade expansion. However, we have never mentioned a public release date for it. Project Kronos has a high standard when it comes to the server quality, we do not rush our work because there's a big market of players that are interested in a TBC expansion. We like to take our time, making sure that we have a polished expansion that can live up to the reputation before releasing it to the public.

Players will have the option to copy their vanilla characters over to a tbc realm. The vanilla realm will remain open for those who wish to remain and continue playing their favorite version of World of Warcraft. I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Flash.
Thank you so much for your reply! So this includes Kronos 1 servers as well? Not only Kronos III?

Yea, this was the plan for a long time, to merge K1 and K3 after K3 has Naxx on farm, and to allow copies from both K1 and K3 to KTBC.

However, at the moment no one knows whether KTBC is months or years from now.

So if someone copies their K1/K3 character(s) to KTBC, will they then be able to play both Vanilla (on the merged K1+K3 server) AND Burning Crusade (on the KTBC server) at the same time ? GM Flash said "copy", not "move".

Exactly, "copy" means "copy". Those willing to continue their Vanilla adventure will be able to do so.

From my experience on how Twinstar handled WotLK -> Cata:
My characters were ALL copied onto new realm and I was able to play both WotLK and Cata as long as I didn't do any changes to chars (name changes, faction changes, char trade etc).

@Surelock

I think TBC is one of the main things people may want you to update they on more often than once a year

Also, are there any plans to keep some activity on Vanilla Kronoses after Classic hits? Higher rates? Some non-Blizzlike PvP features?

Top Bottom