• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[MC] Molten Core Is Molten Core going to be buffed because of this patch?

Qiyn

Hey guys,

As you know, this server is going to be on the patch 1.12.1 By the time this patch arrived, a lot of classes received their overhauls making them a lot stronger. Couple this with the various item buffs, the classes of 1.12.1 are out of the league of the classes of release WoW, when MC was the pinnacle of raiding.

Is MC going to get buffed to match the buffs to the players? Would be super awesome if MC was slightly less of a walk in the park!

Well, they can just make all mobs boss level and add 10 new abilities, and it will never be cleared.:biggrin:

What i know, it is not going to happen, because it will take a lot of time to discover the optimal buff. Also, properly working MC is not so easy as you may think:wink:

If they are going to modify MC, it will most likely be through the "infamous" damage reduction auras. This is the method used in Cata and WotLK servers to compensate for "overgear". Because players had too much time in one season to farm the content and that made the progress of the new raids alot easier.

I'm sure I've seen a discussion on this topic somewhere on these forums already. And I'm pretty sure a staff member said that they don't plan on buffing it. I'll try to find it

edit: I was talking about this post.

Last edited:
Point is what will bring buffing bosses? Luzifron and all other snake bosses in mc dealed in vanilla only 700-1100dmg on a bis tank. Nefarian deal on a half t2 warrior only 1500 dmg......

Most of the privat server boss dmg are wrong, they deals over 2k dmg make it is harder? No because you need more heal but then the tank get more rage because of the dmg(~80dmg 1 rage Point) and with that dds can deal more dmg.

It is more important that the Boss abilitys works they cause wipes example vaelaztras or onyxia (deep breath).
And ofc one of the hugest bugs i will talk in p-sever los. That melees can attack example chromagus(give more bosse where los is important) through the wall and they never must move in.

Pre nerf? lets look into it.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Ragnaros_(tactics)
Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07):
  • The eruptions from the lava in Ragnaros's Lair will now always happen while Ragnaros is in combat. However, these lava eruptions occur less frequently, do less damage, and the damage they inflict is now resistible.
  • The maximum range of the Wrath of Ragnaros spell has been increased.
Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Ragnaros now stays up 2 hours rather than 1 after being summoned.

The only point of a pre nerf ragnaros would be eruption not more. That was a example for ragnaros.
If you want the hard old wow back you need that all players must play on patch 1.3 with old talents and old gear and i don t belive it will be so hard because 80% knows the tactics and what specs they will play.

It is more important that the Boss abilitys works they cause wipes example vaelaztras or onyxia (deep breath).

If you want the hard old wow back you need that all players must play on patch 1.3 with old talents and old gear and i don t belive it will be so hard because 80% knows the tactics and what specs they will play.

I agree that it is important to have the boss abilities to be fully functional. However, with more damage from players (due to player buffs) bosses should at least have more of a health pool. You can significantly reduce the difficulty of a fight if the fight lasts significantly shorter. Let us use your example of Vaelastrasz. Previously known as the guild breaker, he was a joke on some private servers because with competent dps, you could kill him in 2 minutes.

Why is this a problem? One of TwinStar's selling points of the realm is to say, "That's how i remember it to be." Would you really be able to say that about Vael, if you killed it in 2 minutes on the 2nd try? No!

You do not need to play on a 1.3 server (if they exist, i do not know) in order to experience old Molten Core difficulty. And also, you do not need to solely buff the damage to experience old Molten Core difficulty. You can put in some surprises. Boss uses X ability on a less predictable pattern. Or Boss uses X ability every X seconds (more frequent than before). Or, yet again, Boss uses X ability on a larger range than before.

Surprise us, TwinStar!

And also, you do not need to solely buff the damage to experience old Molten Core difficulty. You can put in some surprises. Boss uses X ability on a less predictable pattern. Or Boss uses X ability every X seconds (more frequent than before). Or, yet again, Boss uses X ability on a larger range than before.

Surprise us, TwinStar!

While I don't think it's neccessarily a bad idea, you are journeying into that dreaded "non-blizzlike" territory, which directly contradicts your "That's how i remember it to be." selling point...

While I don't think it's neccessarily a bad idea, you are journeying into that dreaded "non-blizzlike" territory, which directly contradicts your "That's how i remember it to be." selling point...

Sure, it is. But i am not a fan of the word blizzlike, anyways ;)

I believe that a server like this should strive for the best vanilla experience. People can still remember and relive vanilla if certain mechanics were changed. It all depends on what the mechanics were and how much you are changing them. Baron Geddon without a living bomb is no longer Baron Geddon. Baron Geddon putting living bombs on two targets at the same time can still be Baron Geddon. It is up to the playerbase to decide if such a change can negatively affect their vanilla experience.

Vaelastrasz without his hard enrage is not Vael. Even if all the mechanics are the same, the fight is vastly different! And yet again, it is up to the playerbase to decide if such a change can negatively affect their vanilla experience. I came from a private server where Blackwing Lair was piss easy, even for my mediocre guild. This destroyed my vanilla experience.

And then players start to cry, that boss don't use abilities as big wings says. Btw, i assume, that twinstar want to provide as close to retail as possible experience on certain patch, so nerfed MC entirely match this.

You will find that past MC a tuning of the content is not really necessary once it is working correctly.
However, a bit more challenge wouldn't hurt anyone.

I am really excited for this server, but the raids are what i am most worried about. On my past server, which i have not played on for over a year, the only thing that made Molten Core challenging were the bugs! Once they removed the bugs and correctly tuned the fights, Molten Core was faceroll, even for poorly geared pugs.

And one could argue that it was always faceroll. However, a healthy server is dependent on how well they keep players interested in the raids. Make them too easy, and people will leave out of boredom. Make them too hard, and people will leave out of frustration.

As long as it is in that sweet spot, my excitement for this server will not fade.

There is still very good loot in MC especially the off pieces so you will need to do it anyways after its cleared even when AQ40 is released

There is still very good loot in MC especially the off pieces so you will need to do it anyways after its cleared even when AQ40 is released

But this is off topic. The question is, "Should Molten Core be buffed so that it is challenging upon release of the server?" You are posting on its relevance to raiders when other raids are released.

omg guys stop this bullshit here
game version is ---- 1.12.1 ----
deal with it
and stop crying like little 1x pve/rp braindead community
:cool2:

omg guys stop this bullshit here
game version is ---- 1.12.1 ----
deal with it
and stop crying like little 1x pve/rp braindead community
:cool2:

hi I know it is 1.12 but is there any way we can add a level 60 version of the slave pens? it was really fun!!!

Allthough it is patch 1.12, you don't have dire maul, 20 mans, dungeon 2 set and silithus gear yet.

So i wouldn't say MC will be that easy with the gear that is obtainable. Ragnaros surely won't fall that quickly, because you need the fire resist gear (so thorium bortherhood rep) on 2 tanks first and also a solid raid dps to properly get through a submerge.

Allthough it is patch 1.12, you don't have dire maul, 20 mans, dungeon 2 set and silithus gear yet.

So i wouldn't say MC will be that easy with the gear that is obtainable. Ragnaros surely won't fall that quickly, because you need the fire resist gear (so thorium bortherhood rep) on 2 tanks first and also a solid raid dps to properly get through a submerge.

Mauradon will be available on release.
Getting the rep for one blacksmith won't be that hard, and pre-raid BiS gear can get you some really strong dps. I fully believe you can kill ragnaros without a single piece of MC loot. (Other than rep items for the blacksmith).

A serious guild can farm enough cores to power level a blacksmith in a week. You're overestimating MCs challenge.

Hell, even on ED with Ragnaros having +30% hp, it's not uncommon for guilds to kill him before submerge on their 3rd or 4th clear.

The difference here is that you can't non-stop dps Ragnaros as the knockbacks and lava splashes will have you moving arround quite alot.

The only thing that i can say is, that on our last try (cca a year ago) we downed him to about 10% before first submerge with group of 35 players, mostly with T1/T2/ZG.

Top Bottom