• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Is subtlety rogue worth it in vanilla?

Miguel

So, I'm levelling my rogue and I've always played subtlety in the original. However I read tha there are sub-specs and classes weren't that balanced in vanilla. Which rogue spec is the most recommendable.

dont know the dagger specc for it atm, need to look it up, i kinda never play daggers

You can also level in sub quite well, a bit less "efficient" than in combat, but still good if you mind your pulls, and you also rock in wPvP.

You only go daggers on Seal Fate/backstabber builds. For combat pvp and hemo builds, always slow weapons

The idea that Subtlety isn’t “viable” for raiding is false.

I had an entire thread on the old forums detailing this along with parses (which are no longer available due to the new parse site).

It’s absolutely viable as long as your guild isn’t anal about debuffs, but hemo can absolutely be a game changer if your raid is melee-heavy, and at the very least competitive with a corruption if all stacks get consistently used.

I’d wait for the 16 debuff cap on K3 if you’re playing there, though. If you have any questions about playing Subtlety just ask. I could reliably keep up with combat rogues in my raid sporting CTS’s, Maladaths, and DFTs. It takes some finesse but it’s really not difficult, and the perception that it is a blatantly inferior spec is flat out incorrect. Especially later on when you can pick up the servo hammers from Naxx.

It’s wrong at all to think that playing subtlety in vanilla isn't worth. Each class, specs have got its own perks (that you can find better explained on this mmo site) and it strongly depends on the style and modes you gonna play. Thankfully, this is also covered around the net and can be found at rankedboost ;) hope this will be of some help.

Top Bottom