• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Is there a way to implement achievements into vanila?

acedpositive

While i was playing WoW throughout all those years i think this was the best of the features implemented in the post-vanila expansions by blizzard stuff.
My question is :
- is it possible to give Kronos something like that with only achievements possible to obtain in the original azeroth?

It would have given the realm some fame and it's definitly something different from all the other servers.
While working mechanics are mandatory all the other project claim to have those, but they cannot say they have fuckin working achievements.

From an engineer standpoint, it makes my brain hurt just to think about the amount of effort it would take for a private server team (especially for one developer) to implement such a feature.

It actually wouldn't be very hard to implement the feature. achievements work very much like quests. triggers (i.e.) killing a boss marks said achievement as completed.

on a side note, i am not for this. it would be a good bit of coding to implement, and most of the server will know when your guild "achieves" a certain boss kill, as forum and trade chat etc will let people know.

It actually wouldn't be very hard to implement the feature. achievements work very much like quests. triggers (i.e.) killing a boss marks said achievement as completed.

No, not hard at all. You just set up some triggers and modify the game client to somehow implement the achievement window. Piece of cake.
kappa.png

Btw do you have any proof for the triggers just like quest statement?

Imo achievements are a bad idea overall. Players tend to do things just to get the achievements and not because they enjoy doing it...

LFM MC PuG link achievement or no inv.

I hate this sooooo much. I distinctly remember, that after I got the realm first Grand Crusader achie with my guild, I wanted to do a PuG ToC, and the leader wouldn't let me come, even though I had the gear, but didn't have achivement on that char. I relogged linked him the server first achivement, and he still wouldn't invite me. And that was the point when I stopped pugging with any group, for any instance. Those people just piss me off.

I hate this sooooo much. I distinctly remember, that after I got the realm first Grand Crusader achie with my guild, I wanted to do a PuG ToC, and the leader wouldn't let me come, even though I had the gear, but didn't have achivement on that char. I relogged linked him the server first achivement, and he still wouldn't invite me. And that was the point when I stopped pugging with any group, for any instance. Those people just piss me off.
interesting.

I think, that easyest way to do this will be making an addon (so you don't need to modify client), that will interact with online DB where all achievements will be stored. Then anyone with this addon can participate. And that's thing, that community can do, not devs :smile:

Watch Preachgaming videos about scumbag wow things.
LFG gearscore 400+ only.
You may wear useless items for your class as long as your gearscore is high enought.

Achievements? No little panda cub, it sounds like a bad idea.

Nothing against these cute little panda cubs, still miss my from retail :(

Eh btw fuck archivements!

Too much effort and it would require a custom client. Can't even imagine the hours it would take to backport the achievement system.

Top Bottom