• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Item drops are realy not blizz-like

Law of large numbers...?? You do know that law of large numbers doesn't play in RNG? As long as you don't have 0% chance to get or 100% chance to get you are in uncertainty of ever getting or not getting an item. It isn't the type of RNG where it's "Chance of getting an item is 1/10"... It's "chance of possibility of getting an item" which means that if you have even 99% chance to get an item you still have that chance of not getting an item. Heck you can get such a bad streak that you kill 100 mobs and still you don't get an item which has 99% chance to drop (it's just an unreal example to say how RNG plays role here).

You dont seem to understand RNG youself tbh. Law of large numbers will give you a fairly good tell if something is off with the %'s. Now that we got someone looking into this issue, thankfully, you can just stop trying to pretend its all as it should be, because it isnt, even if YOU got some crazy luck with drops.
Wouldnt you rather have this fixed if something were off though? If the whole server gets better drops because of messed up %'s, the server economy is eventually going to fall through the roof and that will hurt everybody in the end.

Nimrod is already looking into it.
Sure its possible that this is only zone related and not a general problem.

Thanks for looking into it Nimrod!! It might not be a general problem, I mostly notice this on a few quests and greens as said before. Hope it gets fixed! Heard that the chests in dungeons will be more rare now at least, thats a start!

I mean, RNG gives us more or less independent variables... well, chance to get an item is different ofc. But I'm sure there's enough variables with the same distribution if there's enough kills. Then we only have to assume that players are killing "randomly" and getting, say, ~2000 kills of mobs which can drop green with 1% probability, ~1000 kills of mobs with 1.5% etc... Which is rather strong assumption indeed :)

Well, hope that Nimrod will make the things clear.

^ Exactly!

---

Addition: What is up with Traveler's backpack? https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=4500 Its suppose to be 0.02% world drop and people are already selling it in trade channels. Im not saying this is a wrong drop rate but please double check because IF something is wrong, then that could cause major damage to server economy. I had one guy in the guild getting 2 of these, and another one got one as well. Then people are now selling them in world instead of using them themselves? Idk..

Last edited:
So many BoE blues & epics as well as green recipes have dropped that it hurts my eyes. Is there any investigation on this? I hear that Nimrod was checking the drop rates. Do we have any news regarding this? Server economy is gonna take a big hit if something is indeed off with the rates. Enough people have reported this so I hope there has been some check ups.

back then at retail, epic world drop was SO rare that if you got one, you would go and roll a char just for that.
it was like some one manualy did a server spawn, here its more like drop rate.
at retail, if you want to buy an epic boe from AH, you would need to wait till some one sell it,
here you can find it easy and cheap.
what im trying to say is, in retail it was REALY hard to get an epic gear, boe / bop,
and that is why i loved it so much, just see a player with an epic item was WOW,
here, if i see a player with an epic gear, i wont be impressed even,
any player can get preraid BIS gear, and it will be easy and cheap too.

dont get me wrong tho, i love this server and having much fun here (ty) but i wish i could say its blizzlike,
and i dont care about bugs or server crushes, as long as its taking care of, it will be fine,
but "free epics" are just wrong at vanilla imo.

I'm not saying any of these are not valid comments, but the server is patch 1.12.1, which is much much later than the content that is currently unlocked. So regardless of if the drop rates are blizz-like or not is greatly diminished when you consider the fact that the content they are intended to be good for, we'll be breezing through thanks to the revamped (blue quality) dungeon loot. I mean, they aren't valueless, but I just don't think it's a big deal at this point... maybe if the server was still in beta.

back then at retail, epic world drop was SO rare that if you got one, you would go and roll a char just for that.
it was like some one manualy did a server spawn, here its more like drop rate.
at retail, if you want to buy an epic boe from AH, you would need to wait till some one sell it,
here you can find it easy and cheap.
what im trying to say is, in retail it was REALY hard to get an epic gear, boe / bop,
and that is why i loved it so much, just see a player with an epic item was WOW,
here, if i see a player with an epic gear, i wont be impressed even,
any player can get preraid BIS gear, and it will be easy and cheap too.

dont get me wrong tho, i love this server and having much fun here (ty) but i wish i could say its blizzlike,
and i dont care about bugs or server crushes, as long as its taking care of, it will be fine,
but "free epics" are just wrong at vanilla imo.
Sorry man... But you're wrong. On retail i used to buy epics for my warrior cheap. I had krols blade and the 2h from lvl 39 and they costed like 20-30g when i bought them. Also i was very poor motherfucker because i did not know how to grind like at all!

Sorry man... But you're wrong. On retail i used to buy epics for my warrior cheap. I had krols blade and the 2h from lvl 39 and they costed like 20-30g when i bought them. Also i was very poor motherfucker because i did not know how to grind like at all!

He definitely over exaggerated, but it really does depend on which server you played on. I remembered most people on my server getting the epic mace from Feralas on at least one of their characters. Krol Blade was definitely more rare, but if you are on a super high pop server, there are going to be plenty for sale.

member in my guild got 3 epics in 3 days,
is that what retail was like?

member in my guild got 3 epics in 3 days,
is that what retail was like?

What epics were they? What mobs did he get them off of? Was he in a dungeon? Was it from a chest? Just curious because I personally haven't found anything fishy from the loot system yet besides a couple of quest drops (that have been proven incorrect, confirmed and or fixed).

Also I haven't seen any bug reports (I could have missed them) about this and I haven't really seen anything in the world channel. Only place I've seen people talk about it is on the forums.

i dont know, but dose it realy makes any defrent?
i mean, even if you play alot, solo/group, you will never had it on retail

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think that some random player will open a bug report just cos he got free epics but i may be wrong

The reason I ask about the circumstances is because if a lot of people can collaborate getting epics (certain recipes / certain items etc) from similar places (mobs, dungeons, chests, etc) it strongly suggests there is a problem.

With that information a fix can more easily and quickly be applied. Without it people can say whatever they want in game / on the forums and nothing will change.

Actually you could have, if you were lucky enough. There's a problem with the loot system only if ALL the players get "tons of epics", not if ONE of them is lucky. As for the vanilla memories, they are 10 years old memories, so they are really shit, unless you've kept a journal. People tend to exaggerate their past experiences to fit the story.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think that some random player will open a bug report just cos he got free epics but i may be wrong

Yes, you are wrong, I peruse the bug reports pretty often and people report the smallest things, like a mob who flees but shouldn't, or shouldn't flee but should, there's even a bug report about boe loot dropping too frequently which was fixed.

As far as circumstances making a difference, yes it does matter. If he's doing 5 mans, he might be getting really lucky rolls. If he's solo, as minkus said, maybe a specific set of mobs is bugged and having too high of a drop rate; many people aren't getting the success your guildmate did, are you getting his success?

Also, I've brought this up quite a bit lately, but we're playing in 1.12.1 and a lot of classes are stronger than 1.0, and the gear that drops is also stronger, so people are going to be farming much quicker than a brand new vanilla server.

Think it's plain obvious that world epic droprate is through the roof here. There hasn't been day in my guild that someone hasnt gotten boe world drop epic. Also if you go check AH you might notice this, do pay attention to the fact that most people probably dont keep their boe's in AH cause it costs and people don't seem to even buy them.

That being said, I have had fun playing here and someone mentioned that devs are looking into this matter already, if there is an issue or not.

*Edit, maybe "through to roof" is over exaggeration, but let's say.. the world epics drop more frequently than they did.

Actually you could have, if you were lucky enough. There's a problem with the loot system only if ALL the players get "tons of epics", not if ONE of them is lucky. As for the vanilla memories, they are 10 years old memories, so they are really shit, unless you've kept a journal. People tend to exaggerate their past experiences to fit the story.

in theory maybe, yes, you could be lucky enough,
but in reality, no one would get THIS lucky in retail,
and for the memories, well, i stop playing retail wow cos game became too easy and no fun,
i think most of us are here from the same reson, but maybe we are all exaggerate our past just to fit our story.

in theory maybe, yes, you could be lucky enough,
but in reality, no one would get THIS lucky in retail
It's unlikely, but it's not impossible. Just like it's unlikely but not impossible for it to happen 5 times on the same server and never ever on 10 other ones. So yes, in reality someone could get this lucky, even in the original game and even on Kronos assuming the drop rates are correct.

That said, it's probably worth it to investigate it just to be sure.

I don't know more than two people who got an epic in my guild, and they each only got a single epic. As far as more epics in general in the population, as I've said multiple times but it seems to have been skipped over, we're in a 1.12.1 server, people are more powerful than they were when <1.8 servers were launched. People are going to be killing monsters much more quickly. What happens when you kill more monsters in the same amount of time? You get more drops in a shorter period.

Rates of epic items

Is it just me or are the epic drop rates too high? Everyday i see people selling different epic items... Literally, i've seen so many different types of epic items already on this server. Its like they are just as common as rare. Actually, to be very honest, it doesn't even feel epic to use an epic item as so many people have it... I do remember back in the days, epic items were, well really really rare to find and if you did happen to have one or purchase one... you felt epic. Any thoughts?

Re: Rates of epic items

One additional note with respect to epics specifically -- it may seem like there are more "on the market" than you would expect, but with such a new economy, spending gold on epics may less of a priority than mounts, professions, etc., so the "inventory" of boe epics grows because sellers hold out for epic level prices. Just a thought, may or may not be reflective of reality, but just a reminder that things are not always going to behave as we expect them to.

I'm inclined to give the dev team the benefit of the doubt on this, and they're looking into it.

Well, considering, that an epic item should drom one from each 100 000 killed NPCs, then with 1500 players, each day dies about 100 000 - 200 000 NPCs so there should be 1-2 new epics per day. This is just my estimation, but i am convinced, that each player can kill 100-200 NPCs per day.

What's your source for a 0.001% drop rate? I googled around and had trouble finding anything. It may be that low for some world mobs, but anecdotally elites in dungeons have a much higher rate than that.

Well, considering, that an epic item should drom one from each 100 000 killed NPCs, then with 1500 players, each day dies about 100 000 - 200 000 NPCs so there should be 1-2 new epics per day. This is just my estimation, but i am convinced, that each player can kill 100-200 NPCs per day.

A) As moeguns said what's your source for 0.001% drop rate
B) Your estimate for NPCs kill per day is likely extremely low. Not sure how you came up with that number tbh.

each player can kill 100 - 200 NPCs per day...? Heck that's how many i kill for 2 god damn quests!

Top Bottom