• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[K2] How to restore and improve Casual, Competitive and World PvP.

dropinfromhere

Authorized
I would like to hear the communities feedback on my suggestion to restore and improve all aspects of PvP on Kronos 2. The goal of my "system", if you will, is to make all aspects of PvP both enjoyable and rewarding, whether a casual or hardcore PvPer. This system would make all battlegrounds as well as World PvP a viable way to farm honor as well as promote Organized PvP and reward those based on Skill and Dedication.

I will list each part of the system and give a brief explanation on that parts individual impact in restoring and improving PvP. Note that each part is designed to keep each other part in check and in balance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1: Adjust honor gains from completing objectives within BGs, ensuring one (AV) is not better than another(WSG/AB).

Explained
: This is to make all BGs a viable way to gain honor, restoring both WSG/AB. Please note, WSG/AB, unlike AV, can give 0 honor, so the best way to tackle these BGs would be forming a premade if your goal is to rank up.

Part 2
: Prevent "premade dodging" by adding deserter debuff if someone leaves the q after it has popped or does not enter at all.

Explained: This is to ensure all players and/or premades must face off against each other or be penalized. The main goal of this is to reward the better or more skilled players/teams with more honor.

Part 3
: Increase Deserter Debuff to 30 minutes.

Explained: This is to further discourage dodging and add an additional penalty for doing so.

Part 4
: Boost Honor for killing enemy players inside and outside of BGs.

Explained: Its main goal is to invigorate World PvP as well as promote PvP inside AV.

Part 5
: Add a minuscule rep bonus whenever a player gets a HK in each respective BG.

Explained: Again, this is to promote actual PvP inside each battleground and give incentive to facing off against an enemy before rushing to the next NPC or Objective (Think defending bases in AB or recapturing towers in AV).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look forward to hearing from the community and I can go into more details on each part of the system in further discussions if anyone is interested.

Please be advised, this thread is intended to discuss among ourselves how PvP can be restored and improved for the future. All other suggestions and ideas along with constructed criticism is welcome! If you have nothing of value to add please refrain from posting, and we will all know you didn't read the entire thread before replying with the intent to troll ;).

As always, thank you Kronos Staff for everything you do for us.

What problems are there with the current BG system? Lets see:

• Playing solo is not fun against premades
  • Playing premade vs premade is not worth the time
  • Playing WSG or AB isnt worth the time if you lose, since you can theoretically get 0 honor and rep.
  • AV's are either just turtles or rushes, kinda ruins the point of AV.
  • There will always be players who prefer afking over actually doing things.

My suggestion to fix these problem would be:

1. Make raids only queue against raids = If you have a premade then you only get matched against premades. - No more boring pugs vs premades

2. Increase rewards gained in these raid vs raids bgs. An example would be to simple make raid vs raid bgs always yield "bg weekend"-rewards. - Makes premade vs premade worth their while and give the hardcore pvpers a more rewarding way to rank over playing solo or dodging.

3. Increase honor gained from kills. - Encourages actually doing stuff instead of afking, also promotes fighting in AV.

4. Make pug vs pug WSG and AB give a consolation prize equal to 1 flag or 600 resour - Makes WSG and AB worth while even if losing.

5. Make AV bosses only spawn after mini-boss and all towers/bunkers are destroyed. - More incentives to attack/defend objectives instead of just rushing base.

6. Fix AV turn-ins and summons/riders/wingcommanders - The best memories of AV in retail are all related to summoning the ice- or forest lord and using them to turn the tides of war.

This would solve all of the problems i stated above. You could even make a ladder for the premade vs premade bgs so that hardcore pvpers have even higher incentives to do premades.

Last edited:
Increasing honor from kills would be really nice, especially outside BG

Last edited:
I agree with these changes. Honestly "blizzlike" vanilla pvp is kinda shit so doing minor quality of life changes ia the way to go for a healthy server.

All of OPs suggestions are good ideas and the line of thinking is definitely in the right direction.

Nerfing AV Bonus Honor is an absolute must, as it is currently making WSG and AB basically obsolete.

Deserter for dropping a group BG queue is a feature that myself and others have pushed for on K2 and on many servers in the past. It's never actually been tried anywhere that I know of... but this feature would instantly make PvP more competitive and less toxic for both casual and ranking players.

+1

Last edited:
I support these suggestions especially matching pugs against pugs and premades against premades but with higher reward.

prem v prem prio queue will lead into wintrade/chinez industry waking up

just letting you guys know

prem v prem prio queue will lead into wintrade/chinez industry waking up

just letting you guys know

Thats true, havnt updated here but that has already been pointed out in the "bug tracker"-thread.

Top Bottom