• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

K3 Dead and Dying

Draakmis

I have played on 4 Twinstar servers including K1, and now K3. But the position the end game BGs are in is atrocious. I spend 40+ min in que on the weekends to get the same alliance prem every game. i look at the announcements, and there is only 1 game going on.

A long ass Que for 7 min of being farmed with 0 honor is not acceptable. I dont follow the whole "server is dead, only 50 people online" memes, but shit if this is how End Game PvP is going to be like... then this will be a dead server.

I am not sure how to correct the situation, but the devs better look into something, or they will be left with 2 vanilla deserts.

needs to be a premade piority put in place. that way horde can premade and get decent q's u just hav to be good enough to beat the ally premade

first of all i dunno why ur making such a troll title for a topic about pvp especially if the activity hasnt dropped and its identical to K1 how pvp went due to there being more horde than alliance in pvp so i doubt that you remember k1 accurately. anyways heres my suggestion to prevent premades or limit them.

1. change .join so it won't permit people to use it while in a group/raid

2. que should prioritize mixing those who recently won with those who recently havent played or simply lost so premades are harder to form and often mixed with normal players.

3. If a player wins 2 times in a row with complete domination, for example 3-0, 5 bases or completing AV withina very short amount of time then it should have a 50% chance to add another 5 min. to que where it is not truly in que but simply listed as in que, the 50% is important as it splits them up further adding in random players making premades hard to stay as full premades even if they try.

note: for the record K1 is deserted due to it reaching the end of its road long ago and now K3 takes over with a fresh start which is normal for private servers as 1.12.1 normally has no further content beyond naxxramas until tbc is released.

first of all i dunno why ur making such a troll title for a topic about pvp especially if the activity hasnt dropped and its identical to K1 how pvp went due to there being more horde than alliance in pvp so i doubt that you remember k1 accurately. anyways heres my suggestion to prevent premades or limit them.

1. change .join so it won't permit people to use it while in a group/raid

2. que should prioritize mixing those who recently won with those who recently havent played or simply lost so premades are harder to form and often mixed with normal players.

3. If a player wins 2 times in a row with complete domination, for example 3-0, 5 bases or completing AV withina very short amount of time then it should have a 50% chance to add another 5 min. to que where it is not truly in que but simply listed as in que, the 50% is important as it splits them up further adding in random players making premades hard to stay as full premades even if they try.

note: for the record K1 is deserted due to it reaching the end of its road long ago and now K3 takes over with a fresh start which is normal for private servers as 1.12.1 normally has no further content beyond naxxramas until tbc is released.

About your suggestions:
1. I agree with the 1st one. I am even fine with totally removing .join with the main goal of preventing those losers who abuse the bad scripting or design on guards and defender NPCs and camp the fp for afks and low lvls.

2,3) Changing the queue system can bring some advantages but at the same time it can introduce new issues. Besides, it might need a lot of work and nothing that Kronos can do at this point.

About your suggestions:
1. I agree with the 1st one. I am even fine with totally removing .join with the main goal of preventing those losers who abuse the bad scripting or design on guards and defender NPCs and camp the fp for afks and low lvls.

2,3) Changing the queue system can bring some advantages but at the same time it can introduce new issues. Besides, it might need a lot of work and nothing that Kronos can do at this point.
1. removing it would have the reverse effect and simply reduce pvp to an all-time low so that cannot occur. Also i do not see this bad scripting you speak of nor does FP camping have anything in common with the .join at most you could join a bg and when the battle ends they return to where they are, and as for guards... just use the invisibility trinket, vanish or feign that is a far more effective escape.

2, 3. yes changing the system would take time but in the end it would be worth it as it could be re-used next time they host a 1.12.1 or for kronos tbc.

1. removing it would have the reverse effect and simply reduce pvp to an all-time low so that cannot occur. Also i do not see this bad scripting you speak of nor does FP camping have anything in common with the .join at most you could join a bg and when the battle ends they return to where they are, and as for guards... just use the invisibility trinket, vanish or feign that is a far more effective escape.

2, 3. yes changing the system would take time but in the end it would be worth it as it could be re-used next time they host a 1.12.1 or for kronos tbc.

1. The commonality of .join and FP camping is simply that people instead of being forced to queue from a city and staying in there to do the next queue, can now queue from anywhere. So they simply go and camp the FPs and queue from there and kill afks and low lvls while waiting in the queue for the BG. Then after BG is over they return to the same location, do the next queue and start to kill afks and low lvls again. Taking it in mind that the waiting time in queue to get into a BG can be up to 45mins (specially for the horde at the moment) these loser fp campers have more time to do their dishonorable action. So by removing .join most of these losers will be forced to stay in the city and queue from there. Although, there might still be a few percentage of crazy ones that would queue from a city and ride to the fp they wanna camp while in queue. But they will be back to the city after the BG since they queued from there and that will make it really hard for them to keep camping the FP.

About the bad scripting or design of guards and NPCs, it's not about an escape plan. It's about the fact that many of these NPCs you expect to attack the opposite faction when they are close enough, will actually do nothing and just sit there and watch. I don't know if it's the Kronos scripting or bad design by Blizzard. For example Marshal Maxwell in Morgan's Virgil, Burning steppes. An elite marshal of alliance, with a deep background of honor and loyalty to alliance will only stay there and watch the ugly 60 troll female attacking a poor level 49 that just did afk while flying for a few minutes to grab a cup coffee. Doesn't make any kind of sense.

2. There is not much premade vs pug problem in TBC since most high end people will do arenas in there. But as I mentioned before, changing vanilla queue system can be a good option, although it can introduce more problems at the end. It will really needs to be deeply studied before any sort of implantation.

Last edited:
1. If they could not que they would just sit around for a longer duration, could you please report these npc's ? npc & lore do not always result in the correct behavior but if you have a source then please provide.

2. true but it would still be a nice addition, basicly what i hope to see is simply the removal of "join as" so people cannot easily join as a collective without risk of having some randoms among them. Premades having free reign is quite demoralizing for both factions, first the faction its on will be unable to compete on rankings in any way with them and secondly the opposing side will encounter games where half the group have no willpower to win... in short its not very much pvp at this point but rather dragging out time for a match and the premade farming fast wins.

Take a look at this threads title for example, its a duplicate yes but the cause of the poster posting it is since he most likely met the same premade time upon time over and over...

I am very new to the Kronos servers just started about 2 weeks ago maybe but from what I have noticed it maybe a different problem entirely. I obviously cant speak for 60 pvp as I am not there yet but I feel the horde may be cutting their own throats here with the constant zone camping in a good portion of alliance lvling zones. I see chatter about this on alliance side all the time at all lvls starting in redridge. I feel it is really turning the ally players off to pvp which is why you get the premade only group queue on ally side all the time. I could be completely wrong but its a thought...

I don't think horde wannabe pvp'ers realize that the more they kill... No not just kill, the more they ruin the game for low lvls the less players gonna make it to 60 and go BGs and reduce their q time (fcing obvious no?). You know guys, old playerbase slowly leave server, it's natural, but new ones don't appear as lvl 60, they have to level up. And thanks to these cancerous actions people whos are trying out Kronos are gonna be gone for good leaving you (horde) and leading you exactly to what you are complaining and afraid of. Alliance only joining bg's as premade, and barely leaving major cities. So yes, as Branic said: horde is cutting their own throats.

My next lvling zone as horde will be ungoro. I am really curious how bad it will be. Up to now, not even tanaris was bad at all. I think i was killed there once. The problem seems to be for alliance mainly. Even though it might be bad for me, why dont alliance players just try the aame as horde and.just camp everything and let the worls pvp evolve into something bigger?

I started 3 weeks ago on alliance. It is a constant battle for low levels to level up due to horde camping and killing everyone including flight paths and quest givers. We get enough world PvP so i believe this is why no one signs up for battle grounds because we get it constantly while we are leveling up. It really slows down leveling and the urge to want to go to battle grounds. I did 3 BG's at 19 and now 46 and don't plan on doing anymore until way later.

The horde did this to themselves... and with more people not wanting to level alliance ive seen a handful switch to horde so they wont get ganked and this is just increasing BG times.

Now look its 55(H)-45(A) instead of 52-48 last week

1. If they could not que they would just sit around for a longer duration, could you please report these npc's ? npc & lore do not always result in the correct behavior but if you have a source then please provide.

2. true but it would still be a nice addition, basicly what i hope to see is simply the removal of "join as" so people cannot easily join as a collective without risk of having some randoms among them. Premades having free reign is quite demoralizing for both factions, first the faction its on will be unable to compete on rankings in any way with them and secondly the opposing side will encounter games where half the group have no willpower to win... in short its not very much pvp at this point but rather dragging out time for a match and the premade farming fast wins.

Take a look at this threads title for example, its a duplicate yes but the cause of the poster posting it is since he most likely met the same premade time upon time over and over...
Yes Crow that was exactly the reasoning behind the post (and I will admit it’s a poor title, I was upset) but being in air for 45+ min to get the same 10 players and lose in less than 5 minutes not having a chance to get any rep or even kills (yes some games the horde team had 0 kills) is obnoxious.

It has gotten better with the changes Kronos implemented forcing the 59 alliance up into the 60 bracket. But the removal of the .join command all together is very disappointing.

I never went out into world looking to gank low level alliance (unless they were bugging guildies) but I am now specifically going to go out and hunt low lvls. Instead of me staying in high lvl zones farming, I’m heading to low lvl zones. Reap what you sow

True the 50-59 reduction solved the desire to hunt however then removing .join was simply a foolish choice someone came up with while drunk...

Also improving honor gear won't do a thing aside from reward the top 1% of PvP players... which further seperates them from the rest creating imbalance in battlegrounds so people instead of waiting 1-2 hours in que to face R12-14 geared enemies will preffer farming for wpvp kills...

Let's not mention the issue of rushing something that was scheduled many months later to suddenly be added within weeks or the impact of gating PvE but leaving PvP without any gating at all... the balance is a mess now...

Top Bottom