• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

K3 - Free transfers from Horde to Alliance

Sarei

Authorized
Current Alliance players aren't queuing for battlegrounds and it really makes the server unplayable. I think this suggestion needs to happen if it's to have any future.

Everyone I started playing with either quit already due to abnormal queue times on Horde or just log in, play 1 game and alt F4 cause can't bother to wait for an hour again.

Just look at this, weekend, peak time and this queue

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 71
faction change wen! (c) (2014)

Provided how deeply Kronos always cared about PvP (no), how quickly was Silithus sand issue addressed, how quickly they've introduced deserter for dropping the que and .join for low levels (it took months or years), how they keep forgetting to let us know what's up with the K3 PvP timeline, I don't see it happening.

Would be glad to be wrong.

Last edited:
I am afraid that faction change is too complex to be implemented here. There are too many items you can obtain only as Alliance or Horde that simply nobody will be willing to put an effort into it.

faction change wen! (c) (2014)

Provided how deeply Kronos always cared about PvP (no), how quickly was Silithus sand issue addressed, how quickly they've introduced deserter for dropping the que and .join for low levels (it took months or years), how they keep forgetting to let us know what's up with the K3 PvP timeline, I don't see it happening.

Would be glad to be wrong.

When it comes to PvP, it's never cut and dry. While I can argue that you're wrong, I can't argue that it can easily be argued for your point. PvP is a polarizing topic, there is no real middle ground between the sides. You're either on one side, or the other. When it comes to PvP on how it's treated on Kronos by the staff, it's much of the same I'm afraid. Many of us see PvP related issues one way, some of us the other way. The decision gets made by our Admin based on arguments from both camps. From there, we have to go with what the decision is whether we agree with it or not. You play the cards your dealt and go with it. Are things perfect? no. Do I agree with many of the decisions that were made? no. But what I know is that all the team members of the Kronos project have good intentions and work hard to provide players with the best experience possible. Nothing is perfect, but giving our best is the best anyone can ask for. The day we don't give our best is the day we should move on.

Nothing is perfect, but giving our best is the best anyone can ask for
Kronos always did well in PvE (except some moments of radio silence), but PvP is literally 3 years of very late and/or harmful decisions. Right now, the situation looks pretty grim for a server that is only 2 months old. I see that you really care, Davros, but I can only suggest you to suggest Chero to do something ASAP. Being idle is the worst atm. It's not even about working hard - it's about the ability to act.

What is "something"? Faction change is clearly too complicated, otherwise it wouldn't be a meme from pre-K1 era. And it's understandable and ok. Re-introduce better rank gear? Minor amount of gold for BGs (again, suggested what, two years ago)? For Alliance only? Maybe even some rankpoint bonus for lower ranks for Alliance? Disable .join?

I'd vote for re-introducing better rank gear and for minor amount of gold for BGs for Alliance (maybe later for Horde, when things become more balanced). Someone else would vote for something else. First and foremost, do something.

Last edited:
You can change faction with a single command as a GM. The only really meaningful "unique" faction-locked items are the raging berserker helmet, the pvp sets and the consecrated wand.

You can change faction with a single command as a GM. The only really meaningful "unique" faction-locked items are the raging berserker helmet, the pvp sets and the consecrated wand.

I think the pally and shaman classes would cause the actual issues.

What I would love to see is Davros' honest view of the current state of PvP on K3.

i dont see any problem for transfer from horde to ally simply do it only for 60s who are atleast r1 r2 or any minimum ammount of hk,i doubt that 100% of horde will transfer really you can even ask for 2 3 euro of stars im ok to pay it so we both win
or you can pop ppl @ 60 with their rank and green, cant believe its not doable as on ptr u can pretty much do it

"There are too many items you can obtain only as Alliance or Horde that simply nobody will be willing to put an effort into it."

who care? like the items your saying are game breaker like ally only has sulfuras or someshit lol i go ally nude with my actual rank if you want np always more fun than actual state
its a fun server already lol, aoe leveling, deserter after 1h30 of queue cause i forgot to enter in bg(hf 2h hour queue the next xD), can join bg from all around the world, nerfed pvp gear but rep rewards that didnt give any edge to ally in pve ofc remember the QQ on pvp gear before launch? so much waste of energy for some ppl sadly

shaman is a problem tho maybe give them opportunity to roll what they want instead or idk who care rly

And now implement it into account manager, because overall twinstar politic is that they do not support any features would be done manualy. It is either automatic or it is not introduced.

I hear you loud and clear, in fact, already 2 steps ahead of you on this.

props to the admins, would love to see what happens with this if we could balance out the horde and alliance to 50-50 and only allow it when the balance is off.

Idea: for each % difference in faction, give a % gold and XP boost for the lower numbered side. It would depend on the actual in-game character ratio.

Last edited:
The difference in fraction isn't a problem , it could be 40 Ally 60 horde pr vice versa and it doesn't matter.As Ally it feels horde is nearly double because they are in the open world due to long queue where as Ally are afk in towns.

Remove .join ab and wsg commands is the very first thing.Dont know why it was even implemented.This will reduce horde gankers and make gameplay better for the leveling up people.

Then we can think about the BG problem.Something like temp remove premades or cap players in wsg and ab so we get less premades or smaller ones and also more games will happen is what I'm thinking.

Remove .join ab and wsg commands is the very first thing.
I see this suggested frequently on forums along with the fact that Horde have queues of an hour or longer. Removing .join will not give Alliance any more incentive to join BG's. So if they remove .join, what do those Horde do for 1+ hours while they're in the queue?

I see this suggested frequently on forums along with the fact that Horde have queues of an hour or longer. Removing .join will not give Alliance any more incentive to join BG's. So if they remove .join, what do those Horde do for 1+ hours while they're in the queue?

Having .join does not incentivize alliance as it is, as we have fast queues. What do horde do now during their wait? Are we to feel bad that they would be losing the option to gank people far from battlemasters at will?

Are we to feel bad that they would be losing the option to gank people far from battlemasters at will?
What? I simply want to know what the plan is to keep these players entertained for the time that they're waiting for their BG to pop.

Or would it be something like: queue at Org, zep to GG, gank in STV for the next hour till BG pops, zone from BG to Org, repeat?

Keep in mind this is a thread about faction change, and removing .join was suggested over offering faction changes.

What? I simply want to know what the plan is to keep these players entertained for the time that they're waiting for their BG to pop.

What do they do NOW? I dunno, perhaps by not incentivizing ganking non-honor lowbies they can you know do things that the game has to do that is not PVP? Farm mats? Craft? Instance runs? Help lowbie guild members level? There is a whole nuther vast majority of the game that does not revolve around PVP that they can do.

If they get fed up and leave because they cannot get their BG to pop, hey that helps to fix the queue disparity.

Keep in mind this is a thread about faction change, and removing .join was suggested over offering faction changes.

No one change is going to fix things. .join is a horrible thing to have in game and only adds to frustration. It is a no brainer to get rid of it and was ridiculous to have to deal with in the first place. BOTH changes should be considered. It is not a one or the other decision to make.

Last edited:
Sunderwear,

removing .join doesn't help with this particular issue that we are discussing here at all, when queue times are 1h - 1h30min long. Like, I can queue up in Orgrimmar and be anywhere else in the world within 10 minutes. That leaves 50 to 80 minutes to do whatever before a queue pop, instead of 60 to 90. You will agree, it's not much of a difference.

Bottom line is Alliance lvl 60 players aren't queuing up for battlegrounds and that's the issue here. Surely, there is always more Horde players queuing up, but this is unheard of. I played Horde on literally every server prior K3, including Feenix, Nost, Kronos and Horde queue times were always 15-25 minutes, sub 10 if Alliance have multiple premades running. I rolled Horde expecting such queues and I would be fine with it, but 1 hour to an hour and a half is just fucking retarded.

All that being said, I don't see another solution but transfers to Alliance. One might said "just reroll Alliance" but no way I'll go through torture of leveling again, rather quit then do that, and I'm sure 95% of players feels the same.

Bottom line is Alliance lvl 60 players aren't queuing up for battlegrounds and that's the issue here.

I know of quite a few L60s that ARE queueing for BGs and getting in quickly. Clearly they are PVPing against SOMEONE, wouldn't you agree?

Me personally, be I playing horde or Alliance, hate hate HATE the BGs beyond AV. AV is the one I actually enjoy. Maybe things will change, maybe others feel as I do and will be PVPing in AV while bypassing the other two lesser BGs.

I am wholeheartedly pro one time transfers. ESPECIALLY NOW before AV compounds the issue.

In regard to .join, it is indirectly slowing down leveling of those who might very well want to get to L60 to play in the BGs. The max level guy in RR who camps lowbies for hours and hours? He and others like him are just harming themselves by cutting down on the pool of L60s to BG against. .join directly supports that crap. If you cannot see the connection, welp sorry.

Sure dude there might be 10 or 15 Alliance players queuing or even 30 at times, I didn't mean literally noone. But if you have 200 Horde queuing at the same time, it's almost like "noone" since you need to wait for 15 games to end before you get a pop, hence retarded queue times and why we need to transfer some of those Hordes who are queuing over to the Alliance. That's why your friends have an instant pop, because for each one of them, there's 10 or more Horde rotting in queue for 2 hours.

Again, as for .join, I don't care if that's enabled of disabled, but flaw in your theory is that queue times are 90 minutes long. Even if Horde queued up in Orgrimmar, they would still have 80 minutes to gank whoever they want, since they can reach any point in the world in 10 minutes. If Horde queues were normal 15-20-25 minutes, then yes, your theory would make sense, since they wouldn't have much time to do anything before they arrive to wherever they wanna gank or do whatever.

OK, lets stop discussing .join
Also again, I am all for one time transfers.

Now answer me this: What in your opinion, and given the "displayed" faction balance on the Kronos website, is making queue times so different on this server than the other PSs you listed? You are focusing on the symptom but you haven't thought much about the cause. As far as those other PSs, I have wondered why out of all the PVP realms I have played on the sheer level of ganking/camping/roving gand squads/etc that is happening on this one.

And another thing: When bemoaning queue times, are we talking about all brackets or just the L60? I avoid the earlier brackets myself especially on this server because of the number of twinks.

Last edited:
My theory is retarded itemization that was never seen on any server before, which made PvE gear OP in their updated stats, and PvP gear shit in it's old stats. That made Alliance players who are traditionally more PvE oriented not to play BGs since they don't get anything useful in there, compared to raiding gear, and even dungeon gear.

Another reason is that we live in "PvE ranking" era where noone raids for fun and raiding but for meters measuring. And since Horde have shamans and WF proc is broken on Kronos, new meta is that Horde are better in PvE and you gonna get your records easier when you stack 20 fury warriors, which made even 100% PvE players to roll Horde, whereas they would usually play on Alliance and PvP to get their r14 swords.

We are talking about 60 only, I don't know what's the situation in lower brackets, aside from Horde 59 being nearly instant most of the time.

Last edited:
My theory is retarded itemization that was never seen on any server before, which made PvE gear OP in their updated stats, and PvP gear shit in it's old stats. That made Alliance players who are traditionally more PvE oriented not to play BGs since they don't get anything useful in there, compared to raiding gear, and even dungeon gear.

Another reason is that we live in "PvE ranking" era where noone raids for fun and raiding but for meters measuring. And since Horde have shamans and WF proc is broken on Kronos, new meta is that Horde are better in PvE and you gonna get your records easier when you stack 20 fury warriors, which made even 100% PvE players to roll Horde, whereas they would usually play on Alliance and PvP to get their r14 swords.

The things you listed are across both factions (beyond the shaman thing which I know little about). It does not explain why one faction queues more often for BGs. Perhaps I am a special case, but personally have never chosen a faction based on stuff like that, nor did my mindset magically change given which faction I decided on. I still PVE the same amount and still PVP the same amount.

On the live forums in the classic section, people are all about blaming faction imbalance when making their case for CRBGs. If we are to believe the ratio on K3's site, and the "retarded itemization" is not solely one faction, then it's something else. Or that ratio that is being presented is BS.

I'm glad you PvP for fun and actual PvP, and I respect that. Sadly, for one you there comes 10 players who will PvP for the items they get on Alliance, not an actual PvP. At least not until they start ranking for gear first, and later on competitive spirit wakes up in them. I know many rankers who PvP'd for gear exclusively and once they tried it little more serious, they fell in love with it and kept doing it for PvP itself.

Top Bottom