• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

K3 - Free transfers from Horde to Alliance

And that too yeah, 60s ganking low level areas probably aren't even queuing for BGs. If they were even 1 level above "mentally challenged" on a scale "how good of a player you are", they'd be playing normally instead of doing that bullshit. That's just random douchery and retardness of individuals present on any server, nothing to do with queues or .join. That .join feature only affects level 50+ zones.

It would have been nice to level up at a boosted rate rather than waste away for months before finding out that the level 60 PvP scene was dead :eek:

No transfers from Horde to Alliance. Reroll Alliance and fell the beauty of your friends (hordes) killing everyone at most flight points, killing the quest givers and not let you do anything.

Or quit. Its too easy to level as horde and than transfer to alliance. Enjoy your long ques, reroll or quit. But no free transfer. You have to fell the mess you are creating before earn the instant que.

No transfers from Horde to Alliance. Reroll Alliance and fell the beauty of your friends (hordes) killing everyone at most flight points, killing the quest givers and not let you do anything.

Or quit. Its too easy to level as horde and than transfer to alliance. Enjoy your long ques, reroll or quit. But no free transfer. You have to fell the mess you are creating before earn the instant que.

As much as I share your hatred for the bozos making life hell on people trying to level, I would prefer the issue was solved without your level of spite.

PS: The word is feel, not fell.

Just do what all the horde does. Get on your lvl 60 char and kill all the lowbies in RR wasting your time and every one elses

the guys ganking level 20's in Redridge
Based on all the posts I've read, I think this is the core around which Sunderwear bases all of his posts. Not that he doesn't have good points and ideas, but his experience has clearly been affected by these guys.

BTW this is not an issue on PvE servers. Just sayin'.

I can't imagine faction transfers would be that difficult for a project like twinstar (notorious for their cash shop and character auctions, among other things). And in terms of not being sure the PvP'ers would be the ones transfering--the reason it's even being discussed is to lower queue times for the people who PvP, right? So wouldn't it be the people who want lower queue times who would be the most interested in this? ... In theory.

Last edited:
Based on all the posts I've read, I think this is the core around which Sunderwear bases all of his posts. Not that he doesn't have good points and ideas, but his experience has clearly been affected by these guys.

You're correct in that it is a big thing with me. PVP that is strictly one-sided like high/max killing greys and there not being a mechanic in place that you could actually do more than cause the ganker to respawn... yeah I see it as a huge issue. It makes people simply log off rather than level up into the L60 BG bracket. As for it being what I base all of my posts on? How convenient for you to write me off in that way.

You're correct in that it is a big thing with me. PVP that is strictly one-sided like high/max killing greys and there not being a mechanic in place that you could actually do more than cause the ganker to respawn... yeah I see it as a huge issue. It makes people simply log off rather than level up into the L60 BG bracket. As for it being what I base all of my posts on? How convenient for you to write me off in that way.
Based on all the posts I've read....
Well, I'm sure you've made posts I haven't read--maybe "all (of your posts)" is exaggerating--but however directly or indirectly you make your points, I really do get the impression that they come from the same goal of preventing high level Horde from camping RR specifically. Again, this could just be from the threads I'm active in.

Also, these over-populated private PvP servers have literally thousands of players on at a time, and double what retail Vanilla allowed for is pretty standard. If this kind of ganking was really an issue or was really a turn off for players, these servers would be a lot less populated. The fact is, people accept this as part of the game. Maybe some started playing Vanilla on pservers and they don't know any different; maybe some wanted/missed this aspect of Vanilla and now it's only intensified by the number of players. Whatever it is, there are enough players enjoying it for it to be successful. If they wanted alternatives, they'd go find them.

I don't think this kind of ganking has much of an effect on population. Those who don't like it leave long before they hit 60. And I repeat: this is not an issue on PvE servers.

disable .join
make a premade vs premade Q or remove/reduce group Q altogether

premade vs premade is fun, ranking premade is not. according to rankers not even for themselves.

its the same story as all these years (K1 had 2h Qs for a very long time), you sacrifice wide spread PvP participation for the convenience of a selected few.

played enough on both sides of the factions to know what is keeping alliance from playing more BGs. almost everytime you enter a pug game you'll get destroyed by premades of 3-6 players since their 10 man was forced to split cause of Q times.
for alliance its either 10 man or borderline-default-loss so in the end the only thing that is left in Q are ranking premades and a very small amount of die hard PvPers.
force alliance to split into 5man groups aswell and you have alot more even games and also more reason for pug alliance to participate. its also more competetive.

Max 5 man groups for "normal" queues and separate queue for full premades (different NPCs or smthn?) is an idea that I like, just hope that it's not "too custom" for modern players since blizzlike aids spread so much, ever since 2015 and onwards. Many can't live even with 5g respec, let alone actual custom changes.

On the other hand most players are puggers rather then premaders so this particular change might help out and also attract players to play here instead of being farmed left and right and still have an option to play an actual premade games.

There's definitely something in this idea, it has potential to bring so much good stuff to the server(both PvP and population wise), but it would require some thorough investigation how community feels about it, and simple forum poll that only 100 people read wouldn't really cut it. Bottom line is, we wanna more balanced PvP population and situation, but not at the expense of having 500 players on the server.

Top Bottom