• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

K3 Holy Pala PVP Gear Cloth vs plate

Papoz

Hello everyone,
As you may know, the rollout of the PVP gear will begin with the old sets. Hence it makes 0 sense for Hpal to grind rank. I still like PVP and I will probably play it 2-3h a day.
But I wonder what do you consider the best gear pre-raid Bis? Some items are easy to guess, like Hide of the Wild, Fordring ring.. basically any offset item with +heal , int and stam. The decision becomes more difficult with normal armor pieces. For example, http://classicdb.ch/?item=13168 plate of the shaman king is the best plate version. Robe of exalted has much more heal, but lacks the survivability. How much armor / stam would you sacrifice for better healing gear? I played priest on retail, where PVP set was BiS anyway. So I would appreciate some input

cheers

1. That was how it was in vanilla and you are here for the vanilla experience i believe right ?
2. Holy paladins are still more resilient than holy priests and both have the same purpose as healers...
3. no one forces you into cloth... you could easily equip Deathbone Guardian and make a more defensive sustainable healer which in the end would be a better idea for pvp as healers are the main targets in pvp... true the set has no hp+ but it has a lot of sustain & mp5...
4. pvp was not bis for a priest... at least not if you aimed to heal... the BiS pieces came from a variety of places and the chest came from tailoring.
5. Holy paladin is already easy-mode and there certainly ain't a lack of viable gear... yes early shamans back in the day had a lot of cloth but that was mainly for PvE... in PvP you still have your bubble & heartstone/AV stone... please don't try and say playing paladin is... hard :D

As time goes on and the more you raid & pvp the better your gear gets and more gets released and that is how it is ;)

+heal is useless for paladin pvp, especially at start
flash of light gets so little benefit you need really big amounts to see a difference anyway
the libram of divinity from scholo (if it will be there at launch) gives a straight +53 to flash of light. i would make sure to farm that asap

all you need is int and stamina to survive and keep casting your cleanses, freedoms, sacrifices and heal

i would go with any plate/chain gear that has good amounts of int stamina armor

Last edited:
Crow, you 'interpret' or read into my question way too much but engage with the actual content very little. I don't think the set you suggest is any good (Deathbone).
@Oidd, ok I was not aware that it does not add up. I assumed that the 43% baseheal scaling is fine. What is a good value that you need for it to be worth?

can't really tell any numbers
any +heal certainly helps a bit but i wouldnt sucrifice int and stamina (and secondarily armor) for +heal
you can log on Kronos PTR and try different gear to make sure

if i were to go paladin again i would stick with any plate gear with int stamina armor as i said before and raid MC for t1 set
sadly level 58 pvp set is terrible for holy pvp and there are just a few good enough plate/chain pieces from dungeons
a mix of t1, BG rep items and dungeon/MC gear can work i supposed

Last edited:
Well i guess you know how boomkins feel until ZG & BWL have released XD
heck even after those release they still won't be top performers although not useless they wont reach the top either regardless of effort ;)

not all subspecs are strong, some grow with the timeline more than others but it is always more worthwhile winning an underdog battle than winning a guaranteed fight... If you fight Atiesh with... uhm elemental staff and win would that not make it feel better than if you both had it or if he had the weaker weapon ?

So I would appreciate some input.
Never wear cloth as a paladin.
How much armor / stam would you sacrifice for better healing gear?
None of it, if you choose between cloth and plate. Only make this sacrifice if you're still wearing plate.
If you are going to raid, your guild will probably tell you what to wear, though, so you might just go with those items.
I played priest on retail...
If you're into wearing cloth, go priest. A paladin who is not in full plate is a shame to the Light.

as said earlier here, stack int stam and armor.

you want to have mana 24/7 to cleanse freedom etc. ur big heals come from holy light anyway which u need mana more than anything for.

You have to consider that paladins are mainly cleanse bots in early vanilla. They heavily lack +crit, so the healing isnt nearly as sustained as later when you just get back mana over and over. Then priests have a limited mana pool, so dispelling for them really is not sustainable either. So it comes down to: cleansing, keeping BoF on your warrior and offhealing, while priests are the mainhealers in the beginning. Atleast thats what the top prems do when they rank immediately after server start.

If you play 2-3 hours/day, you might as well grind your tier1 and wear that. The tier pieces are really strong for PvP healing.

edit: oops, kind of a necro

Last edited:
Top Bottom