• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

K3 v Other servers

Mufug

I've been playing some time and honestly the conclusion I'm coming to is Kronos really lacks in that "vanilla" aspect. having played K1, some of K2 and right now on K3. The things I've noticed is that Kronos seems to not either be aware of other competitor's own timelines or content and while doing their own thing is nice it feels like K3 in particular is lackluster. I'm just gonna rattle off some things that I found odd. *Lack of pre-1.3 mounts despite the models and mounts still exist. Other servers have emulated the "limited time only" thing then replaced them with the 1.4 and onward swift mounts. Why Kronos hadn't done that is odd. *No BGs at launch. In recent memory Elysium tried to emulate the pre-BG and even pre-PvP days by taking out the honor calculation until their 1.4 and then did a big event centered around it. 1.5 saw another event as well as BGs being enabled and having players use the old method of having to party up at the portals. Right now on K3 BGs were at launch and the option to Q anywhere was enabled, this option is very abusable by pre-mades looking to go against PUGS by timing their joins. *EXP buff Now I know this was done to get people to level but it's showing just how abusable it is in conjunction with the dynamic respawns and mages and locks being able to AoE farm. There are a few things that escape my mind at the moment, but overall K3 seems to have been rushed out the door. There was the Christmas event goblin at TB (dunno if he's still there) at launch, the Argent Dawn rep in front of UC. the Pathing system which is still very buggy and probably far worse than K1/K2's (BFD is a great example of the bad pathing with the new system). I feel like the more I look at these and the more I feel like K3 was rushed out the door to beat others to the punch, only to miss the starting gun (again) and still come out sloppy instead of taking time to make sure things were smooth. While log-ins and crashes are minimnal, there is just so much more that could've been done.

The greatest selling point for me to play on K3 over LH was the VPN block --> no chinese.

K3 has textures, other crappy servers allow you cast through the walls

K3 has been probably one of the cleanest private server launches i've ever experienced (I've experienced quite a few). Did you even play Nost launch?

Top Bottom