• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos 1?

nimeralos

Authorized
There was a thread about how to help Kronos 1, but I can't find it.

Would you consider e.g. making it a highrate server? You could also make it PvE. You'd have to disable transfers to Kronos TBC for any highrate-leveled characters though. I don't think it's trivial to implement, but should be possible. I think it's a good and perhaps the only way to maintain low but somewhat-healthy population on K1.

I've been saying that Kronos is "fine" for 3 years, but tbh now it's not. I don't think K1 should just idle for years until KTBC.

I mean, you could just leave it as is. There will always be some raidloggers and whatnot. It just, idk, doesn't feel right.

With just the last guild raiding on K1 horde side, the situation on K1 is pretty bad. I'm quite surprised Kronos management did not do anything to support K1. Twinstar got nice numbers on K3, forget K1? Some of us were here when Kronos was low-populated, when x7 event happened, and when the refugees from Elysium came. When the Kronoses united. People are leaving K1 now for other projects (besides K3), loyalty is a two way street. I'm sure there's a way to change things.

I am very disappointed at what K1 turned into. Two weeks ago I was complaining in my guild chat that K1 is going down hill and that I am not very pleased with the consequences of creating K3 which struck K1 and something should be done about this (at that time I got replies that everything we'll be ok, we'll still be raiding, etc.). These days, in one of the most populated horde guilds before K3 release, there are only few players online throughout the day. No raids, no 5 man instance runs, nothing, empty world. Now for majority of players (my quick assumption) release of K3 was nothing particular, just a beginning of a new story, leveling, instance runs, raids. For some, particularly casual players, new beginning can be (and is) a big pain. Devoting again numerous hours just to level towards 60, again gearing up, crazy repeating of instance runs, it just screams big NO inside my (our) head(s). Now what I want to point out is, that by creating K3 you have completely neglected those occasional players who don't want to (again) level on K3 server. And we are not few, I've talked to many about this matter and they just gave up. Is there any way to save these few souls left on K1 from playing in single player mode (after all this was supposed to be a massive multiplayer game, right)?

There is nothing you can do, you can't even buy characters on a shop. Unless you reroll, you're stuck on k1. It screwed a lot of people over, ended a lot of friendships, but it looks like the business model will stay firm with the current practice.

Personally I'd like to see more developers brought in for support, I realize its a lengthy and trust necessitated position, but unless they go open source (which I doubt) they're always gonna be backlogged with fixes and fix fixes and so on. Well, I don't know what their end game is in regards to polish, true 100% mechanic polish seems far off, past several 'kronos pte' server releases.

About the open source - it never helps anything. Look at mangos ZERO project. Every private server uses their core and those private servers cores are much better but have anyone commited their superior scripts back to mangos ZERO? No. Everyone wants their server to be the best and if they release their source codes, others would just take them, improve them, but never retunr anything.

About K1 state. I think that happened what was innevitable. Fresh servers allways lure players. Because there can be thrill of server first kills progression. Server first R14 titles and so on. With all content released, nothing would prevent K1 from slowly dying out. And Twinstar had only 2 options - try to somehow save K1, which is, in my opinion, not possible, because there would be, sooner or later, some new fresh server that would take most of K1 players, or they could release their own fresh server (which they did) to keep most of those players at Twinstar.

No doubt release of K3 was a good idea (population wise for Kronos project as a whole).

Still, maybe just a few more words more about K1 future around the K3 launch time would not hurt anyone. "Hey, you guys on K1 - if you don't like to reroll K3, stay K1, we will merge you with K3 soon after K3 Naxx). Or we won't do it this way, we will merge both K1 and K3 straight to TBC. Happy farming and questing in low populated realm meanwhile".

Top Bottom