• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos 3 Alterac Valley & re-iterating the rules on release

Tasressurect

Like I spoke with a GM about the RAW (rules as written), the individual GM suggested that I make a thread about my suggestion. Like very few others, I strongly despise players refusing to participate as a team in PvP environments. I say very few others, because I usually have more people (for some reason) voting against me, than I do voting for me. Regardless of the fact, I will be reporting ALL players that I find breaking the RAW, listed under PvP here; http://www.kronos-wow.com/project-kronos-rules/

"Disclaimer:
By playing on this server, the players agree to these rules and agree to adhere to them. You agree that “not knowing the rules” is not a valid excuse when a rule has been broken. "

"PvP Abuse: All PvP participants are expected to be actively involved in the battlegrounds. It’s prohibited to win/honor trade, purposely pop battleground queues with the use of multiple characters (on same/opposite factions), purposely preventing your character from going AFK, honor leeching, same faction griefing (i.e. holding the flag in WSG with no attempt(s) to actually turn it in, playing the battleground naked/little gear). Players not following these guidelines may be removed from the battleground, and may be subject to additional punishment. Force logging to avoid world PvP is also against the rules. "

I cannot stress this enough, and I repeat *All PvP participants are expected to be actively involved in the battlegrounds.* - Not some of the players, most of them, or few of them, ALL players are expected to be actively involved in the battlegrounds. Furthermore I repeat, not my friends, not my family, not my guild mates, not my faction, not the enemy faction. ALL players are expected to be actively involved in the battlegrounds. I hold no prejudice in this matter.

I understand that people do go AFK, now AV's in particular have this amazing potential to be such long matches. It would involve a player deliberately dodging the AFK detection, not just going AFK, and coming back to the game. Also would involve a player adamantly refusing to participate in the game.

With the release of AV, I am highly anticipating to find people breaking the RAW, and will be very eager to collect proof against them and punish them. The game should be fun for all players, not just those that think it's entertaining to waste people's time.

AV has always had a few leechers, people hiding in various spots around the map, fishing in the lake; one thing people have to be careful with though is defenders. Someone who is actively defending a rear position is not going to be topping the charts and when you check your map it may look like they are hiding back there. Don't just mass report everyone you *think* is exploiting the system. Obvious examples sure, but otherwise give people the benefit of the doubt and at least ask them first if you are so concerned.

You make some good points, but also make excuses for people that are 'defenders'. Which is heavily abused in terms of honor trading and honor leeching.

You pro-actively have to do nothing aside from temporarily moving your character slightly to avoid afk detection, until there are opponents to fight, and you don't even have to fight those opponents if you feel that you aren't going to win the engagement anyway. Playing on defense has always been and will always be, the biggest pile of mumbo jumbo you've ever smelt.

Playing defensively and more strategically, would be advancing with your offense, and protecting them from obstacles that hinder them. That way you are not necessarily on the 'front line' and in 'immediate danger', but you are actually pro-actively participating 'as a team' trying to win objectively.

Playing defensively at your base, is basically intentionally game throwing. And I know this is going to get under a lot of people's skin and it should. It's intended to teach people that what they've been taught or self taught themselves is nothing but brain wash. A person can argue that they are not intentionally throwing a game, and I might believe them, not all maliciousness is intentional. But due to being brain washed a person can be led to believe that they are playing to the best of their ability, while they are actually doing nothing beneficial to the outcome of the game.

I've said it numerous times in the past and i'll say it again. I say it where a player is intentionally feeding, is benefiting their team far more than someone that is refusing to participate. Because it offers a potential target for your opponents to target, instead of targetting the players that are actively participating. You can literally do nothing but actively participate, by charging into combat, and being a meat shield. That is, and will always be a viable strategy. Even if you did nothing offensively, although i'm next to positive your enemies can't be that dumb, and they would eventually leave you alone if you were doing literally nothing but trying to soak damage. Throw out some abilities, some CC's, attack someone. You would literally be surprised how the activity of a single person affects the entire game.

That's food for thought, and I understand that logic and common sense is inherently not possessed by everyone out there, and people will take sound sage advice and ignore it completely. I do think though, that not everyone is that ignorant, and they do fully understand the consequences of their actions, they just don't give a crap.

Ultimately it leads back to the initial line in the rules for PvP abuse, which I have repeated numerous times in my initial thread. All players are expected to be actively involved in the battlegrounds. If there is any confusion to what the word active means, I suggest a dictionary be used.

Last edited:
It all depends on which version of AV we get. If it's the nerfed to hell speed rush version, there's going to be rogues capping the forward towers within 5 minutes, so yes having a couple people back on defense to protect those towers is actively participating toward a win, assuming they engage any enemies or perhaps run the many quests to boost guards etc. Remember AV was designed with many strategic endeavors of which being a meat shield is only one.

It all depends on which version of AV we get. If it's the nerfed to hell speed rush version, there's going to be rogues capping the forward towers within 5 minutes, so yes having a couple people back on defense to protect those towers is actively participating toward a win, assuming they engage any enemies or perhaps run the many quests to boost guards etc. Remember AV was designed with many strategic endeavors of which being a meat shield is only one.
There is only one version... you cannot use the pre-nerfed version as that would require players to get a modified 1.12.1 client and then force them to download a new map when the updated one arrives... the servers who claimed to have the pre-nerf also lied but a lot of people where quite gullible... fact is they just increased starts at random... afterall they could not get the accurate stats from back then as blizzard never released those to the public and no one made a full list of what they collected so all they could do was randomly buff them to what they thought was acceptable but that was more like a funserver than a blizzlike or vanilla like experience.

note: i am glad that leeches are being reported and get the correct punishment, if you let 1 leech go others see him escape then copy it and before you know it you will have 5-10 leeches every AV or 1-2 leeches every ab/wsg which is un-acceptable as it causes their team a lot of hardships if not a certain loss due to being outnumbered.

Or... We could just put a big rock infront of the AV entrance and never speak of it again, and go back to WSG instead :)

I've won more games in AV by preventing ninja caps of relief hut and aid station then any other form of participation.
not defending is the surefire way to lose AV.

write another wall of retardation as a response. I gladly read it.

I've won more games in AV by preventing ninja caps of relief hut and aid station then any other form of participation.
not defending is the surefire way to lose AV.

write another wall of retardation as a response. I gladly read it.
True, having a couple mages & rogues stand guard is a wise choice otherwise the game is nothing but a gamble of speed in which the horde has a few seconds longer road without any small hills serving as shortcut over the wall. If you can organize it then have a group of fire mages use their HS at the same time and then go full on nuke upon teleport, a group of 5 doing such will wipe out a massive amount of the enemy and if they hide within the base they serve as constant time restrictors that can potentially wipe the enemy raid, a priest mind controlling the tank if no bears are present or aoe fearing can throw the boss at healer & dps wiping them too.

Top Bottom