• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos 3: Drums of War

I dont want custom change, i want normal vanilla progression.
Limit to 8 debuff, Release content in order, release craft recipe 1.x when you release the dungeon of the same patch plz (Hello easy blue NR gear), release lvl 58 pvp set and the epic one pre-upgrade and upgrade then when they should be upgraded.

This should nerf fury warrior a bit at start of server, making content a "bit" harder. The most awesome achievement for a "private server" would be to bring back old template and update accordingly when dungeon are realeased -> like http://web.archive.org/web/20150329073220/http://www.wowprovider.com:80/Old.aspx?talent=1124125_1

Try to fury with that.

i am with Brochette on this.
custom stuff (as much fun as they may be) are only lasting a bit and struggle to attract population.

now that all content is ready from kronos and experience (hopefully) is gained on how to deal with certain unexpected things
a proper vanilla server with content released at proper timing and HONEST CARE FOR PVP seems like the next step.

p.s. don't like the awful level 58 pvp gear though....we can skip that part...:wink:

i am with Brochette on this.
custom stuff (as much fun as they may be) are only lasting a bit and struggle to attract population.

now that all content is ready from kronos and experience (hopefully) is gained on how to deal with certain unexpected things
a proper vanilla server with content released at proper timing and HONEST CARE FOR PVP seems like the next step.

p.s. don't like the awful level 58 pvp gear though....we can skip that part...:wink:

I can understand that, and realize I'm basically preaching about Satan to christian people, we have a big raiding community on Kronos (like vast majority) and that's not strange considering Blizzard only really cared about raiding at one point.

When the game was new it was very open and not fully fleshed out, basically "what do you guys wanna do?" and we that was interested in pvp were like "Town raids!" whats more Warcraft then that after all?
So we did that for a while then Blizzard is like, nope don't want you to do that anymore, here have some DKs to go together with the shitty honor system we added for you guys, if you are a more casual player you can maybe get the full blue set and rep weapons from BGs, that's like pre Rag MC level as your endgame.

So people that like pvp but just can't play every waking hour of their lives cant get gear equivalent to the raiders, and casual people that run dungeons and stuff what do they get? t0.5 when like aq40 is out (that costs as much as epic mount or something) nice moldy bone there Blizzard.

The longer the server goes on and the more raid content you add the more uneven it gets, and fucking strangles everything else that isn't raiding, you barely get more people joining because wtf are they going to do?
People barely do dungeons because its all about raiding, they can't compete in PvP which is a big part of the game (unless they get picked up by one of the raiding guilds and get carried ofc).

I think that's why people like fresh servers, everything is more even, there is room for the casuals that do random shit and the world feels more alive.

That's why I made this thread to try to come up with some custom changes that would preserve that fresh server feel for longer and don't let just ONE aspect of the game grow like a tumor and kill everything else.

Last edited:
I can understand that, and realize I'm basically preaching about Satan to christian people, we have a big raiding community on Kronos (like vast majority) and that's not strange considering Blizzard only really cared about raiding at one point.

When the game was new it was very open and not fully fleshed out, basically "what do you guys wanna do?" and we that was interested in pvp were like "Town raids!" whats more Warcraft then that after all?
So we do that for a while then Blizzard is like, nope don't want you do do that anymore, here have some DKs to go together with the shitty honor system we added for you guys, if you are a more casual player you can maybe get the full blue set and rep weapons from BGs, that's like pre Rag MC level as your endgame.

So people that like pvp but just can't play every waking hour of their lives cant get gear equivalent to the raiders, and casual people that run dungeons and stuff what do they get? t0.5 when like aq40 is out (that costs as much as epic mount or something) nice moldy bone there Blizzard.

The longer the server goes on and the more raid content you add the more uneven it gets, and fucking strangles everything else that isn't raiding, you barely get more people joining because wtf are they going to do?
People barely do dungeons because its all about raiding, they can't compete in PvP witch is a big part of the game (unless they get picked up by one of the raiding guilds and get carried ofc).

I think that's why people like fresh servers, everything is more even, there is room for the casuals that do random shit and the world feels more alive.

That's why I made this threat to try to come up with some custom changes that would preserve that fresh server feel for longer and don't let just ONE aspect of the game grow like a tumor and kill everything else.

I just had a good idea. What about a server which only has progression up to rag and ony. 1x rates on all the stuff and once every 3 month (period is up for debate) all the gear is wiped. Lvls, rep and professions stay. You get a basic set of greens and thats it. All quests are reset as well. All crafting mats are gone. Also gold is gone. It is like an new season every few month and you can compete for the server firsts each season.

I just had a good idea. What about a server which only has progression up to rag and ony. 1x rates on all the stuff and once every 3 month (period is up for debate) all the gear is wiped. Lvls, rep and professions stay. You get a basic set of greens and thats it. All quests are reset as well. All crafting mats are gone. Also gold is gone. It is like an new season every few month and you can compete for the server firsts each season.

Yea but I think that will just make people better at cutting corners and skipping everything that isn't relevant for raiding.
It's suppose to be an mmoRPG, you play as a character in the World of Warcraft, then you have different options in what you want to do in that world, like becoming a skilled blacksmith or something for example.

Also listen to THIS, where is the war guys? there is no fucking war.
There is very little interaction with the world once everyone has got on that raid wave.

I think some of my suggestions would really change that and bring back the war and make the world more lively, like I assume most of you that played back then have some memories of Tarren Mill vs Southshore for example,
I miss stuff like that, having to look over your shoulder while questing makes it less dull.

But of course it's not fun to be ganked by higher levels so I thought of The Newbie Protection System ™
Basically you appear unflagged to everyone that you appear gray to, unless you attack them first.

Edit:
Some other rambling stuffs I had in mind.

Table of somewhat balence.

[TD="align: center"]Dungeon/Questing[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]PvP[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Raiding[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]T 0.5[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Rank 13 (Current rank 10)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]T 1[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]T 0[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Rank 10 (lvl 58 set)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Dungeon Gear[/TD]

So with this you can join the game very late but still not be that crazy far behind if you want to pvp for example, and for that same reason people might feel like rerolling and trying different classes more.
The world should also feel more lively because of that, and because of the pvp changes I suggested, the whole world would become like a big battleground with several bosses (faction leaders), towns to conquer and you wouldnt feel forced into an instanced minigame for pvp anymore.

And for VERY endgame weapons for dungeon/casuals you have rare epic items from dungeons like:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=18538
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=11684
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=1728
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=13505

Also craftable stuffs like these would become interesting (and ofc there are also craftable gear):
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=22384
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=19170
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=18282
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=19169
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=22383

Most of these stuffs are skipped currently because meh and why bother when you can just raid.

Last edited:
There's been talks about k3 from multiple staff members and with naxx progression the server is nearing the end of it's vanilla lifespan.

Everyone has their own idea of what a perfect vanilla server would be but I think we can all agree that the kronos scripts are starting to be very polished for the entire content. Would it be possible to receive some more info for k3?:

A: Kronos Blizzlike emulation like the current server with your own QoL changes with a shorter release timeline.

B: Possibility for more minor custom QoL changes, no mana cost on spells before bg starts/que from anywhere in the world/duel cd reset. Thinking along the lines of positive changes tbc and wotlk added to the game with more focus on the pvp community.

Bazzil said you would review the pvp suggestions now that naxx is out, but unfortunately nothing that you do now will revieve the pvp scene of the server in it's current situation.

You've always advertised the server as being as close to blizzlike as possible, but as sushi posted earlier there is big desire within the whole vanilla community for a pvp focused server.

So any plans for like 2 servers(yea I know rite) 1 blizzlike 1 high rate with pvp focus? Or just 1 awesome server with pvp QoL changes?

I don't think there will be K3 in near future simply because running the server is exhausting and you need people for it (GMs, Forum Moderators, Devs, etc..) and it is not easy to get them these days.

It's pretty easy to relaunch. Devs aren't needed much, forum moderators moderate all the forums anyway, GMs - well, GMs are active on current Kronos somehow. The only real issue, in my opinion, is that a fresh server would mean current Kronos dying faster.

It would be cool to have a healthy populated fresh Kronos though, with bug-free PvE releases and PvP tweaks introduced in time.

One thing that you must consider is, that Twinstar usualy keeps their servers online. Their WotLK server is up and running years after Cata release. They only restarted their server when there was no population on it (on both, Kronos and Ares, there were like 10 players online in peak times). So, if we consider this, then there will be no K3 as long as there are at last hundreds of active players on curent Kronos. Another option is, that there will be someone in Twinstar team willing to take over the new launch and assemble new team for it.

Just some little hype thing I made for fun #nerd, It's basically only audio (ib4 Hurricane visuals ofc).

[video=youtube;9r5L7Fj1z0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r5L7Fj1z0c[/video]

Last edited:
Some announcements about future plans will be coming in the next 1-3 weeks. Now that Naxxramas is out, we have some time to discuss plans going forward. We're well aware that the community does not like being in limbo and truly working as quickly as we can to get everyone on the same page and make some internal decisions.

yes pls make k3 happen. many ppl want fresh server. even alot of ppl from elysium / lh. anykind of announcement very soon would be good, to keep the crowd interested.ty.

fuck off with ur k3, give us fucking x7 so we can finish naxx.

another thing, i wouldnt roll on k3 if it doesnt have any bug fixes, fixes to desync or new pathing or new systems that dont kick you out of a raid when you dc in combat.

i was never going to roll on kronos originally, i saw the desync from the promotional videos from before kronos came out, however i was given a mage and asked to come help out in bwl and that is why im stuck here today.

Last edited:
fuck off with ur k3, give us fucking x7 so we can finish naxx.

i was given a mage and asked to come help out in bwl and that is why im stuck here today.

Seems like you don't need x7 to finish Naxx, if you have a mage ready for BWL... Or do you want x7 epics droprate? :p

I actually support the increased rates for the "old Kronos", but maybe in 0.5-2 years or something. It belongs to another thread though.

Another idea is to permanently make the XP rates higher at some point (closing them transfers of course): old x1 server can only die slowly, while an x5-x100 server can attract decent amount of new players for years.

yeah release k3, you fucked up naxx hard and everyone is quitting the server because its a chore to play and not fun. didnt listen to a damn word i ever wrote in this forum.

x7 xp event again so people make chars on kronos, it worked great the first time.

but hey, classic wow now, why even have a fresh start now....

hokey

2server

1x exp MUH BLIZZLIKE
and 10x exp lazy pvper friendly
same bg group
same timeline

yeah lets split the community up for pvp....................................................................................................

- remove rank11-rank14 and the rewards completely
key to an healthy pvp scene is to reduce the premade pug stomping to a minimum and keep pugs queuing. if the honor system stays the same then there is no need to run premades 24/7 to reach rank10. the nolife tryhards have even less incentive to do it because the overpowered r11+ gear is not available. queue should priorize premade vs premade games.

- buff pre-naxx raids
buff hp or hp&damage to compensate debuff slots, available items (titanic leggings, spellweaver's, ...) and knowledge. numbers are up for debate (MC+BWL ~20%, AQ40 ~15%, something like that?)

- keep QoL changes (line of sight, reduced respec cost)

- stricter multiboxing rules. it's a negative experience seeing someone level with 5chars on follow

- shorter timeline

Could't agree more. PVP needs a lot of adjustment with low population and interest. PVE pre-naxx needs buff and less consumable demand. By the time Naxx is released we have to farm consumables 24/7 when not raiding. I would love to be able to do some PVP instead...

Interested in your plan to buff PVE content and at the same time make is so less consumes are needed that people will use to counteract your PVE buffs.

Top Bottom