• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos comics

tekai

Authorized
Since a bit of time I have been drawing some comics about Kronos and the vanilla experience and I think it is time I make it somewhat more official and share those with you all !

First a couple examples :

vdKu8oN.jpg

All stories try to focus on a different aspect of what we all live here on Kronos. Some are about the ZG release, current bugs, the habits we have on Kronos, current issues or forum posts, server crashes, server-wide events, fundamental questions and much more. I hope they are entertaining and encourage our players (and maybe moderators) to think and reflect about Kronos and the decisions and story that we are making together. Otherwise, well, they can be cool to share :)

The newest updates can be found with the
Facebook page. Or using the kronoscomic label on the blog. 2x comics/day (at 9am and 17pm CEST) are already planned to show up until the 26th December, at which point I will re-evaluate the situation.

Disclosure : I am not affiliated in any way with Kronos, I do this mostly for fun and as a personal exercise. The point of views of the different characters do not necessarily represent my own and are often exagerated for entertainment purposes.

Attachments

• dessin_progression_annexe_62 copy.jpg
    dessin_progression_annexe_62 copy.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 34
  • dessin_progression_annexe_51 copy.jpg
    dessin_progression_annexe_51 copy.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 29
  • dessin_progression_annexe_24 copy.jpg
    dessin_progression_annexe_24 copy.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30
  • dessin_progression_annexe_35 copyc.jpg
    dessin_progression_annexe_35 copyc.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 34
Is the last one a reference to Eywin?

It's actually a reference to the freedom players have with names (as pretty much no one reports anyone for wierd/offensive names) and what could actually happen with those. I sometimes wonder if I am not in some kind of zoo when I login ^^. One day I bet we'll have a hall of fame with the first player to solo kill Kazzak and he'll be called "Potatocookiepoopbrocrap" or such.

loving them!

I'm glad you like 'em, more are coming! :)

It's actually a reference to the freedom players have with names (as pretty much no one reports anyone for wierd/offensive names) and what could actually happen with those. I sometimes wonder if I am not in some kind of zoo when I login ^^. One day I bet we'll have a hall of fame with the first player to solo kill Kazzak and he'll be called "Potatocookiepoopbrocrap" or such.

I'm still touched by this! Keep these up, Good work <3

I'm still touched by this! Keep these up, Good work <3
Thanks :D (maybe one day I should call one of my alts "Ey" for good measure)

Include me please.
Peasewin? ^^
(does that mean you want me to include you as a character or write about you? I wish I knew more about your quirks if it's the latter...)

Next comic incoming in about 20 minutes. Hint : It's about a great strategy in Zul'gurub script design on Kronos.

Last edited:
Peasewin? ^^
(does that mean you want me to include you as a character or write about you? I wish I knew more about your quirks if it's the latter...)

My lore is that I am the most handsome of all orcs. My main hobby is killing level 1 spy alts at world boss locations.

Sitting at last day of work waiting for your comic :)
Cheers :) . I wish you a merry Christmas now that work is done and I hope you like today's drawings.

My lore is that I am the most handsome of all orcs. My main hobby is killing level 1 spy alts at world boss locations.
That's not lore, it is a universally known fact that you are the most handsome, common 101 knowledge even. Okay, I have an idea :) .

lol mooncloth.... you little broddler

Mojo! now 500% more expensive! (unfortunately as a lvl 30 I couldn't farm those and only was able to buy a small amount of them in the weeks prior...)

Hey, I am interested in getting some feedback about the recent comics (or more generally) : Did you understand them? Would a regular or new player on Kronos get them? If not, what could have helped? Do you feel the topic is relevant to you or Kronos as a whole? What do you think about them being on the Project Kronos Facebook page? Are there changes you would appreciate to see? Did you feel they had some impact on behaviours or discussions? How could they encourage discussion even more? Etc.

dessin_progression_annexe_104.jpgdessin_progression_annexe_91 copy.jpgdessin_progression_annexe_96.jpg

For example I believe a significant amount of readers don't recognise Chero and I plan to soon take steps to help make specific characters more recognizable, as well as give a bit of background as for what Kronos is and who the team members or iconic players are.

Thank you for your time :)

It's a great idea and if you enjoy it you should definately continue. A lot of these are really funny, even if it's just short jokes or anectodes from the server. Some people not getting everything is bound to happen when relying on inside jokes and references, but for those who do get it it's all the more funnier, and definately worth it in my opinion. It also encourages people to get more invested in the community.

Now for the bad things:
  • You use a very low resolution when making these, sometimes almost making the text hard to read without zooming the image in.
  • Your website is pretty bad, navigating from image to image takes a lot longer than it should, making reading them almost frustrating. Simple is almost always better.
    Edit: Your site vs. XKCD to illustrate

Last edited:
I personally find myself actually looking more at what you wrote under the pictures than looking at the pictures itself. The colored ones shift the focus more to the picture itself though.

Thank you for the inputs Hagson, Abyxsal, Losse and Aurigon :)

I recently changed the font to one I felt looked more professional and readable, I will go with somewhat bigger picture size (600px) from now on.

If you had to pick one, which one would it be : http://imgur.com/a/r1HeF
What would you do differently?

Unfortunately Blogger doesn't have much good plugins for Webcomics, so I had to settle with what I have (mostly a remnant of the blog they originated from tbh). Current template does crap with images and loading doesn't help, I will likely go check for alternatives those days.

I like colours too :D ! But they take a bit more time and I love to make comics quickly. Besides I don't trust my colouring abilities at all haha ^^. I guess if I don't try more I won't get better at it. Damn. (btw, do you talk about full colours or if only the main characters are in color it works too?)

Thank you for the inputs Hagson, Abyxsal, Losse and Aurigon :)

I recently changed the font to one I felt looked more professional and readable, I will go with somewhat bigger picture size (600px) from now on.

If you had to pick one, which one would it be : http://imgur.com/a/r1HeF
What would you do differently?

Unfortunately Blogger doesn't have much good plugins for Webcomics, so I had to settle with what I have (mostly a remnant of the blog they originated from tbh). Current template does crap with images and loading doesn't help, I will likely go check for alternatives those days.

I like colours too :D ! But they take a bit more time and I love to make comics quickly. Besides I don't trust my colouring abilities at all haha ^^. I guess if I don't try more I won't get better at it. Damn. (btw, do you talk about full colours or if only the main characters are in color it works too?)

Hey mate, nice hand there. I would pick 3rd too. Keep it up! :cool2::cool2:

Hey mate, nice hand there. I would pick 3rd too. Keep it up! :cool2::cool2:
Thanks mate :D

Ermean, Zerocool, Hagson and Abyxsal, that's interesting, maybe I have a different point of view by drawing them. The bigger the drawing the more I see pixels and details that either I would have loved to draw better or would prefer they don't attract attention because I don't see them as important. I thus much prefer when they are small. The title, while useful for advertising is more distracting than anything, I will probably keep the small one on the corner.

I guess we all have preferences haha ^^

Further tests : http://imgur.com/a/pZDgc

Bubble behind text or not? Darker background or not? More space for text?

I would pick the last one, darker background and kinda spacy text makes you focus more on the image rather loosing focus. Well at least is my preference.

Top Bottom