• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos' Compendium of Dragonslaying

Amazing decision by the staff!

As usual the blizzlike people are crying but they always have on all projects. Great timing to steal all players from Feenix and those who have had enough of all the issues at nos. I for sure will try Kronos out!

Muneca: Being completely honest, I sincerely hope that what you say will be true and I can only hope that the vast majority of these players know what they're doing. I worry though, because my past experience with puggies has always had some rather outstanding potatoes.

- - - Updated - - -

steal all players from Feenix

But there are no players to steal. Everyone left. :biggrin:

I would like to ignore the previous posts and the focus on whether or not 7xp is bad and try to get back at the point of departure, whichs is but one: NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS HERE - while on Nostalrius, players stand in line and wait to grab a respawning quest item or mob to kill. However ****ing stupid that maybe, they do it. Like 12000 at once, that is a lot. Of stupid. But well, it's got electrolytes.

I think that the Kronos Team is - as always - doing an excellent job and trying to create a "hype". However, it is as usual: Once you got a good server, there's not enough population. If you got enough population, the quality sucks. These things tend to repeat themself in the private server community.

The "hype", i think (though i seriously hope i'm wrong), was when both Nos and Kronos were before launch. When Nos opened before Kronos and Kronos waited, the stages were pretty much set. There will be no measure taken by Kronos which will reverse the mouth-to-mouth propaganda set in place by the simple number of players playing on the servers.

Again - i seriously hope i'm wrong ! - but i think, that is just the sad reality. So please, and excuse my language, shut the FUCK UP and stop whining about 7xp or whatever. We are playing on the best server in terms of quality there ever was, so try to convince people to come here.

This decision leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm certainly not touting it proudly like it makes me some sort of hero.

We thank you for coming here to Twinstar forum to publicly announce your decision and show those damn 7x newcomers that you don't like their kind here while badmouthing them and calling them useless.

We need to give ol' Joe a break. He needed a way to vent out his frustration with the increased exp rates and he thought this would be the best way to do it. /pat Joe

Since you don't read my posts anyway and no amount of explaining will get it through your thick skull, I'll try your approach instead Blackcoder...

Thanks Blackcoder! I learned from the best, after all! You showed me how effective it was to come onto the forums and throw a tantrum over an issue that wasn't going to be reversed regardless, while also badmouthing the players who didn't do things your way, but I just couldn't muster the resolve to threaten to leave the server over it like you and your buddies did! Golly, I sure hope someday I'll be able to be as petty and childish a player as you!

(P.S. you were just as much of a little bitch on Feenix too)

(P.P.S. I know the joke may have gone over your head, because you're a bit slow, so I'll help you: You're a hypocrite)

My Dear Ol' joe,

I read all your posts and that's exactly why I replied.

• Your first post starts in a very aggressive tone screaming against "shitty parties" with new people and reminding staff and everyone else that you and a group of players around you will alienate them and give your best to ignore them.
  • In your second post you say nothing of value, just reminding people that you will do what you said and we can do otherwise if we desire so.
  • Then in your third and later posts you change your tune and start talking about how it's not meant to target the new players but that avoiding pugs is just a general idea you decided on recently, even though you said in first post you will not party with randoms during the increased exp period. Then you try to rationalize your idea by explaining that those new players are unlikely to have gear that would make them useful in dungeons. Meanwhile, you are neglecting that casters for example are completely fine even in greens, and in general skilled players are a great addition to dungeon groups regardless of gear.
  • Lastly after all the parading with "down with 7x levelers" signs, you try to remind us that your guild is about community and fun, and that this decision wasn't easy for you to make and then come tell us all here on this forum.

Due to your change in tune, I wrote my previous post. But I guess I am the hypocrite here, not you.

It's also funny how people who keep calling me names on forum take me as an example even though I never used harsh language against them.

Yours sincerely,
Ermin.

As a new player who recently joined the server im very happy with the xp boost. I have 2x 60 on Nost and im having a very hard time to level my 3rd char on this server now.

I hope this XP boost brings a lot more new players because the AH on Kronos is empty which makes it even harder to level because you cant just buy some items for your class to level faster. And its nice to see some people leveling too from time to time.

I played WoW retail on a "Ghost" server and it really sucks if an MMO feels so "lonely". It was one of the reasons i stopped WOW before MOP came out.

What on earth happened in this thread?

Early in the server my leveling group was a four so we had to pug and carry a fifth person, it was annoying but fine. It's just dungeons. Most people can hit 60, apply to a guild, attend Molten Core and get gear at this stage in the servers life. I know my guild needs people more than most of the MC loot.

Is this 1x purist situation going to be like when people boycott a game and then end up playing it on day one? If you don't want to level at 7x, don't.

Nobody should be allowed to level at 7x.Why am I losing my time to level up now at 1x?

Nobody should be allowed to level at 7x.Why am I losing my time to level up now at 1x?
Because, unless you do it for the 15th time and the 5th time in the last year alone, it should be fun.

It is the same with working out. Yes, there are people, who work out because they want to be ripped, huge or whatever, but you should enjoy the process as much as the results.

Why do these questions even repeat?

I find it funny how this "guild" thinks we need their help or anyones help, haha :laugh:
(Ofc guilds that help out is nice but you shouldnt feel obligated to because its not really needed)
After lvling more then 30 characters to level 60 on Feenix 12x server 2011-2016, i'm pretty sure I and others know how to keep up with the costs of spell and gear.

Last edited:
I hope the Staff took into consideration that there's going to be a movement of us on the server stigmatizing and alienating those new players coming in who will be completely unprepared for the challenges they're supposed to be facing.

Yeah, show new players that this realm has assholes on it, great way to keep the Kronos pop low. What a dumb post.

Oh f*ck me!..and here we thought ILL FATED GAMINGs ingame advertisement of "casual raiding", as opposed to "consume maximum entertainment as quickly as possible (generally speaking)" "People don't care about leaving ther BiS-geared thunderfury tanks anymore" "The raiding guilds on even the fastest realms of retail will have had approximately four times as many dragons to kill in order to get their NR gear from compared to raiders on Kronos" crowds experience, sounded fresh for us scrubs, who have not been keeping up with the times...

Tho, fine to be back here! ...possibly now with times/situations for endgames^^
Technically, things are as excellent as ever! ...bugtracker is active and healthy as it should be on any self-respecting realm...
Pop-wise, there seems to be quite a lot of new(?)/lowlvl people around atm, and likely more on their way...
Generally things seem good! Cheers!

...hummm...that casual raiding for n00bs(read "people who never did raid before, but might be interested") really sounded interesting...

A big smack in the face for all the people the leveled on a 1x rate on this blizz-like server.
7x is just ridiculous, if there was a month time promotion with 2x I would understand it... but 7x... really... Kronos will become like some kind of joke server.

A big smack in the face for all the people the leveled on a 1x rate on this blizz-like server.
7x is just ridiculous, if there was a month time promotion with 2x I would understand it... but 7x... really... Kronos will become like some kind of joke server.

Nonsense. I am lvl 59, will be lvl 60 this weekend. Took me over 3 months. Do I feel cheated because some other people will do it in 1-2 weeks? Not at all. Those 3 months were time well spend, I got to learn a lot of people , became part of the Kronos community. And it was fun. You get to know guildies and strangers in that time, learn their reputations and skill. That guy is cool, that other one is a troll, that one over there is a master at the game, if I have a question I should ask him...

This, and some other reasons, is why people advocate x1. It's the natural way of the game, and has a design philosophy behind it.

However we have done this many times already, as veteran wow players. Many of us don;t have to learn all this from scratch and if you just put in all the effort on realm X and want to switch to Kronos it will be very nice to fast forward to the part you left behind on realm X. Those people still lose more than they gain. They lose all their work on X and gain a weakened incarnation of themselves with fewer social connections. They will have to work at the social part of the game on Kronos so i'd say let's welcome those who put in that effort and ignore any new trolls and douchebags.

Well its not Kronos fault that some players choose to play on the other server and level a 60's there.We shouldn't compensate for that by giving them everything like they are more "special" than the people already playing here.

Well its not Kronos fault that some players choose to play on the other server and level a 60's there.We shouldn't compensate for that by giving them everything like they are more "special" than the people already playing here.

I don't see how a <<only one time and time limited event that increases only exp>> is "giving them everything". And no, it is not Kronos fault. It was their choice.

If I only waited half a year to level on Kronos I could've done it quicker! Dang it!

This is like saying products that go on sale are a "slap in the face" to those that bought at full price early in the products lifespan.

If I only waited half a year to level on Kronos I could've done it quicker! Dang it!

This is like saying products that go on sale are a "slap in the face" to those that bought at full price early in the products lifespan.

Nailed it.

Hey redmagejoe, why don't you post your guild name and faction? That way I and other 7x players can continue to avoid your elitist group after we've been deemed worthy of the honor of grouping with you. The way I see it, if you don't want any of the small negatives that come with this change then it's only right to not partake in the huge positives.

Look earlier in this thread for the reasons why 2x wouldn't have worked and why 2x-7x wouldn't have an effect on 1x hardliners in one of my earlier posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing but a positive addition. This will surely bring in new players and more active 60s, that's the biggest benefit from this. I've been struggling to hit 60 on this server simply because I don't have the time to allocate to this game as I did 8 years ago...

People that are bitching about this are just being selfish. Sure this takes away from the "Blizzlike" feeling but not everything about Vanilla was perfect and leveling was definitely a chore after a certain point. You're not forced to do this and the players that want the x7 aren't getting anything special from it.. they are just hitting 60 so they can contribute to the end game of the server. Don't be so shortsighted.

Plus this is just for a month... It's really not that big of a deal.

I think it's quite ironic that everyone kept saying that Kronos is the most blizzlike server and no one should bother with Nostalrius since it's less blizzlike.

Then Kronos goes ahead and puts in x7 rates and now you guys are saying like "who cares if it's blizzlike, no server is blizzlike"

Still think it's a huuuge mistake putting in higher exp rates but I wish you guys all the luck.

Top Bottom