• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos Heroic - A Hardcore Vanilla Server

dropinfromhere

Authorized
I've had this suggestion in my head a for while and I'd figured I would go ahead and put it on paper now. Once Naxx is released and the players have progressed and seen all it has to offer, maybe think about the future of the Vanilla scene. It's no secret Twinstar's superior quality and professionalism is paving the way for Private Server Emulation. I believe their is a high demand for a "Heroic" or "Hardcore" Vanilla server. I'm not going to sit here and explain that X is Y and should be Z. I would rather present a framework for the players and staff to discuss. Feel free to add your suggestions as well.

PvE:
1. Buff damage and health of Raid Bosses and possibly tweak timers of boss abilities.
2. Slightly buff damage and health of 5 man Bosses.
3. Do away with World Buffs.
4. Increase the amount of Loot each boss can drop.

PvP:
1. Revamp the PvP system to reward skill instead of time played.
2. Make world PvP a viable way to obtain PvP gear.
3. Add extra tiers of PvP gear with buffed Item Levels equal to current PvE content. T1=Current Rare set, T2=Current Epic set, T3=AQ, T4=Naxx, something along these lines.
4. Add Off Part PvP items like the current Rank 3-5 gear but for all slots, that scale in Item level with current PvE content (maybe can factor World PvP in here too).
5. Make Crowd Control (CC) abilities have a fixed timer for the initial application and each diminishing return.

These are some of the things I could recommend off hand, I'm sure others have ideas to add to the picture.

Last edited:
the demand is from a small vocal minority.

i think chasing difficulty in WOW is pretty lame, tbh

majority of players use wow as a glorified socialization tool, inflated difficulty gets in the way of just raiding and having a good time.

I think these suggestions are clearly not acceptable for Kronos.
Kronos is a Vanilla private project of TwinStar. Here at Kronos we aim to deliver you the most authentic Vanilla experience possible.

I was thinking of something like this too. They could consult veteran players to get suggestions instead of just flat increases to hp and damage. Increases to damage and hp make sense for some bosses but not for others.

Ragnaros, for example, could have his hp increased so that you almost always get a "Son's phase". Twin Emps could stay the same EXCEPT the enrage timer is lowered; making it necessary to sacrifice healers for dps (Or have really good dps). Sensible tweaks without going overboard.

There is definitely demand for something like this and always interest in fresh servers. One of the attractions of an upcoming project is they are promising a more challenging experience.

Why do you gms delete my comments here & at bug tracker? Though I do not like censorship, I can understand in some other threads but not in this one. Am I not allowed to give counter arguments to these - imo - ridiculous suggestions? A censoring staff is not the Kronos I've experienced the past 12 months.

Why do you gms delete my comments here & at bug tracker? Though I do not like censorship, I can understand in some other threads but not in this one. Am I not allowed to give counter arguments to these - imo - ridiculous suggestions? A censoring staff is not the Kronos I've experienced the past 12 months.

Good luck convincing your raid to raid in greens and limit their potential.

majority of players use wow as a glorified socialization tool, inflated difficulty gets in the way of just raiding and having a good time.

Absolutely this. As you increase the difficulty, you decrease the amount of guilds that are able to clear raids. You also might have to stop raiding with people you enjoy playing with. Especially in vanilla the game is extremely sensitive to difficulty increase as every wipe is devastating (consumable/timewise).

How are you supposed to tune raids? So hard that world buffs are a requirement for kills? Otherwise it becomes a joke anyways with world buffs. What would actually be the limiting factor in raids? Healers going OOM, tanks dying, tight enrage timers, hard consumable requirements? If you buff boss HP by 100% it might only up the kill time from 130 sec to 260 sec in a top end guild, but a little further down it might up it from 360 sec to 720 sec (the first timers are actually from two recent kills on the same boss on kronos). The sharp increase in difficulty is just going to decrease amount of guilds, increase amount of benching/rotating/trialing. And managing a 40 man raiding guild is already retardedly hard/time consuming.

If wiping 12 hours a week is something people want, they might aswell start on retail again. The game is setup so downtime between wipes are low, consumeable cost is manageable and you basically bang your head into a wall untill the 20 *****s in the raid understands the tactics and is able to execute them while maintaining the spec rotation/defensives. If you're gonna wipe for days on a boss on a vanilla server, you'll get incredibly bored quickly as most of the time is going to be spent either waiting, corpse running, buffing or farming consumables/shards.

I've raided in a wide range of skill levels on kronos and something extremely easy can already be extremely hard for another guild. Some guilds clear a raid in 1 hour, another guild might not clear it in 7 hours.

Last edited:
While you all talking about pve the pvp changes he suggested are actually really good. But once again this one of those things that's not gonna happen cos of the effort required from devs and as Fei said its most likely just small vocal minority.

spot on imo. now get out of my head pls

Good luck convincing your raid to raid in greens and limit their potential.

I totally understand that some people want a challenge in Vanilla, but it is not fair for all the others (majority of players) to make game breaking changes that affect all. Back in TBC there was at least one guild which raided in blue gear only to have a greater challenge and more fun (I think it was the guild from greedygoblin.com guy). Therefore I do not get why some always cry for unrealistic and time consuming changes, while they can influence the base of their performance to 100% WITHOUT huge time investment.

Last edited:
Back in TBC there was at least one guild which raided in blue gear only to have a greater challenge and more fun (I think it was the guild from greedygoblin.com guy). Therefore I do not get why some always cry for unrealistic and time consuming changes, while they can influence the base of their performance to 100% WITHOUT huge time investment.
At the end of the day WoW is an RPG. You do raids to get better gear to make your character stronger. There's also a huge time investment in the gearing process, so expecting people to throw all that away isn't realistic.

Any non-blizzlike change is going to be met with a bunch of people bitching, even though "blizzlike" isn't always good.

For the PvE changes:

1) This would hurt newer guilds too much, especially coupled with the removal of world buffs.
2) Don't think this is a big deal
3) I'm all for removing World Buffs from raids. They make raiding infinitely less enjoyable and more stressful, because if you die once, you're pretty much useless for the rest of the raid.
4) I wouldn't mind this, personally. 40 man raids + 2 items per boss + huge loot tables filled with mostly garbage items can lead to devastatingly bad loot RNG. For example, I've seen 2 Bonereaver's Edges drop across 150+ Rag kills.

PvP:

1) I wouldn't mind this at all, but for the sake of the server I think it's a horrible idea. One of the most appealing things in vanilla WoW to some (most, imo) people is how grindy it is. The more you play, the better your gear.
2) See 1.
3) PvP gear is fine as is (if anything it's too good, especially on a private server where you've been killing C'thun for 34 weeks) The rank 14 weapons and rank 12/13 gear are best in slot for 99% of the game in both PvE and PvP,
4) See 3.
5) I don't see any downside to this. It would make vanilla PvP suck a little less dick.

tl;dr vocal minority + vanilla sucks & remove world buffs

Give huge honor bonuses (10x honor bonus per world pvp kill compared to BG) to make world pvp viable. That would create interesting world raid groups, city raids, and other events.

While you all talking about pve the pvp changes he suggested are actually really good. But once again this one of those things that's not gonna happen cos of the effort required from devs and as Fei said its most likely just small vocal minority.

+1

agree with the world PvP netting more honor. some type of incentives in BG's wouldn't hurt either to get the afkers Q'ing.

Top Bottom