• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

Wait, so 5-10 hipster-douchebags complained about the event, and now its canceled? Well I can't wait for their alternative idea to save Kronos lol:lol:

Exactly, it's like the Blizz forums all over...

- - - Updated - - -

More like 300 and i am pretty sure they are even more...
https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/115948-Merge-K1-and-K2

Completely unrelated poll. It was up before the event was announced. It's been rejected as a quick fix already

I never understood this "progress to tbc" hype. Then WLK? Then Cata? Makes me think blizzard had a point when they said "you think you do but you don't"

As far as I'm concerned the direction of the game started going bad already in tbc, with the 2.4 badge gear and s2 items for honor (it was great the first months though)

I never understood this "progress to tbc" hype. Then WLK? Then Cata? Makes me think blizzard had a point when they said "you think you do but you don't"
no. content simply is limited, so as soon as ppl feel like they are done with vanillas content, their interest to play on will drop.
wow is no sandbox without any goal or tasks, calling for the next addon (content, tasks) once the first has been completed is natural.
however, it would be nice if ppl could make their own decision whether they want to hop to the next addon or not, unlike blizzard did. which imo is the root of this issue which created private servers.

I don't think people have any knowledge of what it requires to create a well scripted tbc server. People keep shouting out random ideas like go make us a tbc server to transfer to when we don't even have naxxramas yet. Literally makes me feel like the server is full of children with no realistic idea of achievable goals. If we get a server merge and release date for naxxramas, I think this is more than enough to save the server.

If you truly want to save this server stop pretending that you are better than nost, and actually try to be better.

Most bosses hit like wet noodles.
Surgers don't charge.
Hatchers rising flames and flamestrike are ignorable mechanics.
Chromaggus is a joke of a fight since everyone has their tank los the breath.
Pathing is atrocious, our first week in bwl somebody got knocked against the roof of vaels room by a charge and managed to aggro lab packs and broodlord which proceeded to path through the roof to kill us.

AQ is actually really well done, its the only reason most of my guild even log in anymore.
Even if it feels easier than BWL its been the one bright spot on this server.

When a head dev ignores your ticket and just replies "ok" and it takes a week and messaging another gm to get a response it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.
When the server economy is propped up by people resetting instances and being in the same spot and you do nothing about it for months,you get the economic situation you have on K1.
When you hold a X7 event and then disallow low lvl summoning alts, you gave every old guild an even bigger advantage over new guilds that drives away competitive players.
When you keep your head in the sand about other projects and sit in the echo chamber that are these forums you'll never grow.

If you want to rejuvinate pvp on K1 make the pvp system think there are at least 1000 players pvping each week so everything besides standing 1 actually gets some real progression.
Add an option to turn in marks for gold instead of honor so old rankers have more incentive to pvp.

Chero in your original post, you actually stated that many people were disappointed about nost returning when that couldn't be further from the truth. Nost was never a perfectly scripted server, but they had amazing public relations and a responsive GM and development team, and they weren't getting paid like twinstar is. Important issues were addressed in a timely fashion and not left to fester into the realm of unfix-ability.

In a month, or whenever the other project starts, there is going to be a mass exodus. Some from K1 but especially on K2. What is the point of having two low/medium pop servers when you can have one good one?? It makes zero sense. The people that remain are just going to go to the other server. This is the reality and people need to accept it.

In a perfect world Kronos merges before the other project gets going again. If everyone is now playing on a populated server, with full AQ content and Naxx on the horizon, why would they go to the other one? They haven't even done the War Effort grind on the other one. Kronos could turn this situation into an incredible positive for them. Guys from K2 would have months of new content to explore.

The thing is, I know Kronos is worried about becoming "Too big" and attracting Blizz's attention. But with the other servers releasing soon this will not happen. Kronos are not the only game in town anymore so the pop will be spread around. Some people will be leaving no matter what because they want their old characters back, but a successful merge here will help to keep the undecided.

Merge is literally the only choice. I think most would be excited about it.

If you truly want to save this server stop pretending that you are better than nost, and actually try to be better.

Most bosses hit like wet noodles.
Surgers don't charge.
Hatchers rising flames and flamestrike are ignorable mechanics.
Chromaggus is a joke of a fight since everyone has their tank los the breath.
Pathing is atrocious, our first week in bwl somebody got knocked against the roof of vaels room by a charge and managed to aggro lab packs and broodlord which proceeded to path through the roof to kill us.

AQ is actually really well done, its the only reason most of my guild even log in anymore.
Even if it feels easier than BWL its been the one bright spot on this server.

When a head dev ignores your ticket and just replies "ok" and it takes a week and messaging another gm to get a response it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.
When the server economy is propped up by people resetting instances and being in the same spot and you do nothing about it for months,you get the economic situation you have on K1.
When you hold a X7 event and then disallow low lvl summoning alts, you gave every old guild an even bigger advantage over new guilds that drives away competitive players.
When you keep your head in the sand about other projects and sit in the echo chamber that are these forums you'll never grow.

If you want to rejuvinate pvp on K1 make the pvp system think there are at least 1000 players pvping each week so everything besides standing 1 actually gets some real progression.
Add an option to turn in marks for gold instead of honor so old rankers have more incentive to pvp.

Chero in your original post, you actually stated that many people were disappointed about nost returning when that couldn't be further from the truth. Nost was never a perfectly scripted server, but they had amazing public relations and a responsive GM and development team, and they weren't getting paid like twinstar is. Important issues were addressed in a timely fashion and not left to fester into the realm of unfix-ability.

First intelligent reply I've seen in this thread. Seriously love every suggestion including turning in marks for gold. A LOT of people would rather stay on Kronos than go back to nost.

@Dervin20

I don't think that's the solution to all problems because nost had its share of ridiculous bugs that Kronos has fixed. Nost just did a damn good job highlighting the good stuff (i.e marketing) and getting everyone on the hype train through buzzwords like "real vanilla experience".

As for what Kronos should do regarding the supposedly too easy content, the main strive shouldn't be to be like nost, it should be to strive for a blizzlike feeling. Blizzlike does not necessarily mean technically possible or identical to retail (nostalrius for instance was trying different changes to the BG queue system to try combat dodging and what not, Kronos has implemented a limitation on soulstones and summoning because accounts are free).

If I could give a concrete suggestion to Kronos it would be that whenever there is the slightest uncertainty regarding the damage/health/tuning of a boss encounter, rather make it slightly harder than too easy until you know exactly how it's supposed to be. Example: I noticed Vael on Kronos has less HP than he had on both nost and feenix. I don't know what source Kronos has for the HP here but if there's any uncertainty i'd like to see the HP buffed until you know for sure.

If anything you said was true K1 wouldn't be lacking for players.And there wouldn't be some impending doom of max exodus.

Yes nost actually had a real vanilla experience.
Respecs were 50g instead of 5g.
No purchasable mount skins.
The gear available actually progressed like the content, bwl with earthstrike and spellsweavers turban, buffed deathbone and diana's pearl necklace and rockfury bracers makes beating the gear check aspect of vanilla much easier.

On nost you had to coordinate with other guilds if you wanted to safely get to brm with your world buffs.There could be 80 people of the opposite faction waiting for you on any day of the week.

The only instances of world pvp i see on kronos are people camping lowbies during the nost rush,20+ alliance running around orgrimar ganking afk pvp flagged blacklabel members, and wiping the mighty fireborn clan.

Our guild clears all the 40 content in 3-5 hours a week and then there is nothing else to do for the rest of it because there is no community to drive anything, the real players that populate these servers and drive the lively hood dont care what some ostrich says on the forums, they are gonna go to the server with the most activity and if they like it they will stay there.

The only thing kronos has done better than nost is have the server running, pretty soon that might not be true anymore.

K1 is lacking for players because they all go to K2 where there is more levellers. Is a massive server like Nost was a "Real vanilla experience?"

I for one take notice to class and core mechanics more than I do for raid and dungeon scripts.

On Nost, paladins were a mess same as on feenix (consecration scaling with AP lol and they said it couldnt be fixed cause mangos core issue, Kronos and even feenix has it working). Mage talent impact didn't work forever. You couldn't open a lockbox through trade window. A warrior couldn't queue heroic strike from out of range, and if you had heroic strike queued and spent rage on something else to below its cost you lost an auto attack.

On kronos you also have mechanics like this working https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8237&highlight=leeway and this kind of attention to detail excites me on a server.

But I didn't really want to go here (listing pros and cons on nost vs kronos). In my last reply I tried to focus on concrete suggestions for kronos, something which your posts were short of. Your idea to give gold for warsong marks is bad I can tell from experience. feenix did it, and it inflates the economy horribly.

Your idea to give gold for warsong marks is bad I can tell from experience. feenix did it, and it inflates the economy horribly.

Economy is already inflated because nowadays every mage and hunter knows how to earn incredible amounts of gold by solo farming Dire Maul. These kinds of tricks that people were not aware of in the past completely change the game when it comes to money. No need to go out in the open world anymore where you have competition and can get ganked, you just play your PvE game in a closed instance all to yourself with no one to bother you. It's great for nerves, but it's one of the core issues that cause the perception of the world being empty and no one doing anything. People are doing a lot of things - but they are doing it solo, with multiple clients, and far away from anyone who could interfere with them. And it's not even "unblizzlike", it's just a "game hack" that everyone now knows about and it really changes the game.

Actually, screw the perfect scenarios I was writing about on previous page.

Perfect scenario: douches who originated from Nos and now play on K2 will mostly quit anyway, no matter what happens and what you offer them. And then normal people from K2 can just transfer to K1 and we will have one awesome server with really good pop and extremely healthy population.

I don't know how the k1 economy is the but k2 one is not so bad. was sitting on 50k when feenix went tbc failure and it wasn't out of the norm

50g respecs help curve inflation and keep players invested in the economy.

And the stay in place instance resseting that allowed people to farm serious amounts of arcane crystals and various herbs that has created the dead feeling of the economy as most people have a big stash of everything and need minimal interaction with the economy.
Nost did a really god job of curtailing exploited gold that forced people that wanted to be rich to actually farm a contested resource and interact with the economy. DM farming is a lot slower when you cant just reset the instance and still be by the lasher packs.

Are you really going to argue that big pvp interactions weren't the highlight of vanilla wow.Grow up.

But i guess if you enjoy this nerf ball style of vanilla wow, you wont mind that its a ghost town.

And the stay in place instance resseting that allowed people to farm serious amounts of arcane crystals and various herbs that has created the dead feeling of the economy as most people have a big stash of everything and need minimal interaction with the economy.

This is an exploit that people get permabanned for, as far as I know, and GMs were supposed to be checking on people in dungeons from time to time.

But yes, they sadly never fully fixed the exploit.

50g respecs help curve inflation and keep players invested in the economy.

Nost did a really god job of curtailing exploited gold that forced people that wanted to be rich to actually farm a contested resource and interact with the economy. DM farming is a lot slower when you cant just reset the instance and still be by the lasher packs.

Are you really going to argue that big pvp interactions weren't the highlight of vanilla wow.Grow up.

But i guess if you enjoy this nerf ball style of vanilla wow, you wont mind that its a ghost town.

In my opinion 50g respec cost would minimally impact gold inflation. If anything I assume more people pay for respecs between raids days, pvping, or farming moreso than they would if it cost 50g.

This is an exploit that people get permabanned for, as far as I know, and GMs were supposed to be checking on people in dungeons from time to time.

But yes, they sadly never fully fixed the exploit.

There would be a lot less thunderfury's running around if they banned everyone with exploited arcanite.

But scapegoating the chinese so they ddosed the server was probably a better option though.

There would be a lot less thunderfury's running around if they banned everyone with exploited arcanite.

Come on be reasonable. You really think that the amount of arcane crystals is the bottleneck when it comes to obtaining Thunderfury? Seriously?

PS: On a previous topic of releasing D2, Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle rep thingies ahead of schedule - those are the things that were supposed to be driving the 5-man dungeon farming in the current content patch. But those things are long gone by now and people have little to no reason to do dungeons now except to help a few friends and guildies get some rare pre-raid gear that doesn't get replaced the first time they step into AQ. And since number of new people on K1 is incredibly low... rip dungeons.

Hey, they took all Timecop's crystals! They let him keep all the thorium and complete that part of the war effort by himself though.

Pretty sure the exploit still works, too.

Top Bottom