• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

You, as a community, have made your feelings regarding the experience event extremely clear and we will respectfully follow the feedback that we received in the short period of time that the post was online. So, as has already been made clear, the experience event will not be taking place as originally planned.

However, this does not resolve the core issue and from your comments it was obvious that the majority of players feel that something must happen to ensure the long term health of Kronos I, as we move towards Naxxramas. At this moment in time, we are exploring all viable avenues to ensure this and will continue to monitor the situation closely, with the intention of presenting a number of solutions to the community in due course.

So, why did we feel that the experience event was the right course of action? Internally, we have data that showed the surge in server activity that took place during the original experience event earlier in the year. With Kronos II currently sitting comfortably, we felt confident that it would remain healthy in the coming months. However, we had concerns around Kronos I and the already unsettling levels of activity outside of raid days. With those issues in mind, it seemed like the logical solution; increased server activity without detracting from the development team's efforts to deliver an exceptional Naxxramas experience for players on both servers.

As we head towards the end of the year, we will continue to focus on Naxxramas and the scourge invasion from a developmental point of view. Meanwhile, we are inviting the community to offer their views on the possibility of releasing Naxxramas wing by wing on our PTR for open testing by our players. During this time, we would be seeking your feedback on the encounters and their execution. Further details will follow in the coming weeks.

If you would like to offer feedback on where we should be focusing our attentions then we would invite you to do so in this thread, which the team will be monitoring and taking into consideration.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for not involving the community more in such a monumental decision and reassure you that such mistakes will not be made again.

The Kronos Team

Last edited:
Fine you canceled x7 event but still no plan for the next 2 months.
Just feels like you trying to dampen the drama you got for the last thread.

I said it before and I'll say it again:
Once the new project that got announced yesterday launches, tons of players will be gone if they don't have a reason to stay. Especially on K2.

So give them a reason to stay. Give them a reason to PvP and only to raidlog.

I've been playing on K1 since Beta. This is the most advanced vanilla server.
Fix PvP.
Tons of suggestions were already made.
Merge K1 and K2.

Time is running out...

Last edited:
Merge the servers and worry about one thing, Kronos

AQ40 is amazing work atm Chero, I have alot of fun raiding it every week. Give k2 players access to it asap and all will be fine.

Most of experience outside of raiding comes from PvP. Make people get 15 min deserter buff when they drop the queue to nearly completely remove premade dodging without costing any legit player anything at all. If pugging scene is dead, then PvP dies shortly after as well. This is very important.

Other than that, to promote K1 you should make a big Naxxramas announcement (make one of those videos) with a loose deadline (some months ahead) and do some proper advertising. Make a call for players to help with it on all the media. Make it appealing to start leveling on K1 for 2-3 months with Naxxramas coming, clearly outlining that people can jump right into the big guild scene of K1. That would make Kronos 1 the most famous (or perhaps the only?) realm with a healthy population that offers Naxxramas raiding and top quality raiding guilds to quickly catch up gear-wise and jump into Naxx.

Lastly, regarding PTR Naxxrmas testing, thank you for not doing it like AQ. This is a step in the right direction.

PS: If K2 dies in case that Nost fanboys leave, offer the remaining players free character transfers to K1 and don't keep the realm on life support hoping it will get better.

Last edited:
x7 or riot!!!!!

Please don't react so suddenly to the few that use the forums. The silent majority speaks for itself (weird pun not intended)

Last edited:
Personally I think new raid content should be 30% buffed (both HP and DMG of the Boss abilities) compared to retail. Because even though the content is fully blizz-like, the experience doesn't feel blizz-like in the way of difficulty, wiping and effort. Right now Kronos is just dull farm-fest where all the guilds fully farm all available in-game content and very rarely got any wipes.

So the raid difficulty should keep players entertained, at least some kind of prestige for those that try harder. Also there shuold be a thin line between hard encounter and impossible encounter, be careful to not overbuff something for too much.

We've been heavily discussing merge options.

However,
merge of Kronos I and Kronos II is not as easy at it seems, mainly due to Kronos II being behind content wise.
Even if we would open War Effort today, it won't be done anytime soon. We want to grant Kronos II players the same experience and possibilities that you, players of Kronos I, had.

Emerald Dragons, War Effort and AQ40 progress on Kronos II would take several weeks, exceeding 2 months mentioned by sushibarf.

Merging Kronos II into Kronos I would result basically opening two raids for Kronos II players, both AQ40 and Naxxramas.

Most of experience outside of raiding comes from PvP. Make people get 15 min deserter buff when they drop the queue to nearly completely remove premade dodging without costing any legit player anything at all. If pugging scene is dead, then PvP dies shortly after as well. This is very important.

Other than that, to promote K1 you should make a big Naxxramas announcement (make one of those videos) with a loose deadline (some months ahead) and do some proper advertising. Make a call for players to help with it on all the media. Make it appealing to start leveling on K1 for 2-3 months with Naxxramas coming, clearly outlining that people can jump right into the big guild scene of K1. That would make Kronos 1 the most famous (or perhaps the only?) realm with a healthy population that offers Naxxramas raiding and top quality raiding guilds to quickly catch up gear-wise and jump into Naxx.

Lastly, regarding PTR Naxxrmas testing, thank you for not doing it like AQ. This is a step in the right direction.

PS: If K2 dies in case that Nost fanboys leave, offer the remaining players free character transfers to K1 and don't keep the realm on life support hoping it will get better.

Adding to this.

In addition to a Naxx announcement, a TBC announcement would be even more powerful. There has been a lot of speculation concerning the future of Kronos and how it will play out after Naxx is cleared, but I haven't heard any word from the devs about it. If there is any kind of plan to move Kronos into the TBC era this would be the time to announce it. The hype would be unreal, there are so many people looking for a quality TBC server. Not only would Kronos get an influx of new players who want to experience Naxx, but there would also be an influx of players who want to get a head start on their future TBC characters.

I'm not saying make promises that you can't keep, but if this is the plan you need to get the word out ASAP.

As we head towards the end of the year, we will continue to focus on Naxxramas and the scourge invasion from a developmental point of view. Meanwhile, we are inviting the community to offer their views on the possibility of releasing Naxxramas wing by wing on our PTR for open testing by our players. During this time, we would be seeking your feedback on the encounters and their execution. Further details will follow in the coming weeks.

If we said "We want Naxxramas released with all wings at once", what kind of timeline are we looking at? 2 months? 6 months?

I think most players would prefer to see the raid release in its entirety all at once, but if that means waiting 6 months then I think people would be more interested in having a wing-by-wing release.

There is honestly nothing for players on K1 to do right now, with AQ40 having been on full farm since the day of its release, over 3 months ago.

We've been heavily discussing merge options.

However,
merge of Kronos I and Kronos II is not as easy at it seems, mainly due to Kronos II being behind content wise.
Even if we would open War Effort today, it won't be done anytime soon. We want to grant Kronos II players the same experience and possibilities that you, players of Kronos I, had.

Emerald Dragons, War Effort and AQ40 progress on Kronos II would take several weeks, exceeding 2 months mentioned by sushibarf.

Merging Kronos II into Kronos I would result basically opening two raids for Kronos II players, both AQ40 and Naxxramas.

Since the majority of the players on K2 came after the shutdown of another project, they will most certainly also leave for the new project since they will get there old character back and have the exact same content over there (BWL open).

This will lower the amount of players on K2 to an amount that will make War Effort last forever (imo).

Of course there will also be some players from K1 leaving since they are not happy with the current state of Kronos.

Why would people stay on K2 if they will get there old chars, same content and more population?

Kronos might have way better scripts, but playing an MMO without any people? Most people dont want that I assume.

Pure PvE players might not care about the population that much since they don't PvP.
K1 might be fine for raidlogging. Don't know if there will be that many guilds raiding on K2 with the decreasing population though.

In the end PvE heroes always get top notch scripts and PvP heroes get neglected.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one that is salty about this.

as a player here on kronos events like x7 would make me stop in an instant since it is against what vanilla servers are all about!

Dont lose your heads here.
What bl4ckc0d3r said about the pvp scene is correct.. thats why me and others has requested that we can join battlegrounds from the world. It will give so much life to the battlegrounds on both k1 and k2 .. it might not be 100% blizzlike but not everything has to be 100% blizzlike.. it is pure logic it has to be like this in order to be efficient.

I play on k2 so i am not very affected by the k1 problem but i feel bad about the low population it has.
in my head a solution would be to make crossrealm battlegrounds even if the people on k1 has better gear.
But people with the better gear will join both alliance and horde side in a bg so its not like it is giving some kind of unfair advantages unless we allow alot of k1 10-15 man premades to roam.

Reading your post a second time, it sounds like you're asking about testing the content on a PTR 1 wing at a time, but it's not clear if you're talking about releasing the content to the live server on a wing-by-wing basis, or if you're talking about testing wing-by-wing and then doing a full-raid release.

You also say "Further details will follow in coming weeks." In "coming weeks" half of your player base is going to be gone, so in my opinion you've got 2 options

1. Announce things now with a broad overview and a loose timeline, hoping that it's not such unfavorable news/details that it encourages people to stay.

2. Wait to announce things when everyone is gone and then still hope that it's viewed as favorable by the community, so that the remaining players don't quit as well.

If it takes weeks to write a post about your plan, it means you probably haven't even started it yet, which is a very bad thing.

In "coming weeks" half of your player base is going to be gone
It can not happen if something goes wrong, but more importantly, it will only affect K2 but not K1 where the majority of players already played on Kronos when that other server was alive.

Announcing a merge would go a long way towards people thinking kronos is a populated well scripted vanilla server and preserving the longevity of the server.

if a merge happens now a lot k2 players will quit.
i dont see why another x7 is such a bad thing, it will boost the pop a bit (horde is ded lol) and at least see us through till after k2 gets naxx, maybe we can see a merge after that.

edit: cuck Denaxar wont be able to rip people off on the char AH after 1 more x7, boohuu. rofl
facepalm.png
Denaxar facepalmed

Last edited:
I've made a forum account just to type this. I saw the xp boost post and immediately, 10 of my friends who refused to play vanilla because of it's pacing and lack of time to level a character said they would make a character tonight. I didn't read what other users think of this xp boost event and I don't care, new players should be encouraged to start playing, even 2 weeks of xp boost would suffice. Such a waste.

Not having the 7x event was a good choice in the end.

Having the 7x would have only more weight on the "K1 vs K2" dilemma, and what Kronos does NOT need right now is a civil war. We need a solution to keep all parties on even playing fields, or just figure out a long term fix.

Kronos deserves the high population more than any server, it's a shame that people are just sheep and flock to a potentially crashing hype train.

The reason for Retail being in the shit state it is today, and has been for the last few expansions is because of Blizzard pandering to the minority that take to the forums.

The people actually want a x7 event. The ones that don't.. well just carry on as usual, there's no one forcing you to take part.

Make k1 x3 leveling perma

Edit: tbh I dont understand the backlash against 7x event, anybody leveling on kronos will choose k2 unless there is an incentive to play on k1. K1 will only lose pop if nothing is done

Last edited:
would have loved a x7 event, some of us were actually really excited about this...

Top Bottom