• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

x3 and x7 bullshit are all suggestions that made wow as bad as it is today..

if a player do not wish to take the time it takes to level a char.. too bad for him, then hes not a real vanilla wow player but a spoiled Legion kid!

Echoing the thoughts of others on this thread, I think a merge is the only way Kronos is going to survive the hype train. It may not be easy and may upset some people, but I don't see any other way of the project being able to retain a reasonable population in the long run.

Thank you for listenning to us and cancel that x7 event.
The first event you have made months ago is the reason that pushed a lot of peoples to go on K2 instead of K1. Even today K1 has bad reputation because of that event... Making another one would have made it even worse especially for such a long period of time.
It would also have completely destroyed any hope for a merge between K1 and K2.

Just look at the votes in this thread : https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/115948-Merge-K1-and-K2
Almost 350 votes already and more than 80% are for a merge.

I do agree that merging right now is a bad idea thought, the gear gap between the players on bother servers is way too big. Merging after AQ40 is released on K2 feels like the fairest thing to do.
War effort has to start now however the requirements for it should be lowered. You have to take into consideration thought that the majority of the players on K2 are from Nost, they won't hesitate a single minute on keep playing on K2 and get on the new Nost server with their old characters. They will choose the second option.

Shit... I was looking forward to the x7. So where like 5 of my friends. K1 needs to be reinvigorated and that would have solved it. Why would anyone who is currently 60 on K1 care if players below level faster? I really don't get the objection...can someone explain what the big deal is?

I think a merge is the best option, otherwise you'll eventually end up with two dead servers and one overcrowded lagfest (aka New Nost).

Even when Nost was shit due to overpopulation + lag, people still flocked there because population is all they seem to care about. That's usually the first thing they ask about when seeking a server, and it's the only really quantifiable metric people use when comparing them.

Oh, and if you got rid of all the "pay to win" features, it would probably do a lot to improve Kronos' reputation. Any time someone mentions it on another forum, all the shills jump on the "LOL PAY TO WIN FUNSERVER" bandwagon and kill any positive PR the realm might've gotten.

But how many of these ex-nost players had gotten far on nost? at this point some people who were newer on nost might now be more attached to K2, such as myself (though I never liked nost alot to begin with, I essentially came to k2 after penix did their extremely poorly executed server merge + tbc transfer). I'm not too hyped at the thought of a merge neither will I leave for the new place.

The "nost core" is below kronos standard in most regards and I don't have any faith in elysium devs cleaning it up, so it might not take off as much as people think. I for one was looking forward to the war effort on k2 and a hasty merge will probably make me quit (private servers altogether)

With the announcement that Nostalrius is returning, the entire K1 horde guild SORRY have already said they are going back to Nost. Other guilds and other players are sure to follow suit. K1 and K2 are going to lose a lot of players--thus increasing the need for a server merge.

Perhaps the War Effort on K2 should be started immediately and the required resources to complete it be substantially lowered in order for them to complete it much sooner. If the servers are not merged, both servers are likely to end up with very low populations once Nost is back.

I've been on Kronos I since April. I have always been interested in replaying vanilla WoW but only heard about the Kronos project through a friend who saw in mentioned in an article about the Nost shutdown. I would imagine that Kronos could be way more popular if our players were more proactive in spreading word of it on forums and social media. Organizing this type of initiative could bring in the players we need without resorting to an experience event or server merge.

I was disappointed to hear that the X7 event was cancelled. Of my 5-man group that started on Kronos I in April, I am the only one still playing. No one else even made it to 60 - the closest is 54, the lowest is 33. All 4 of them were really excited to hear about the X7 event and were making plans to continue to 60 and join me in raiding. Some were certainly vocal in outrage about X7, but I think that a ton of players would be interested in returning for such an event, at least those close to me were!

Failing an X7, my vote is to just merge the servers. Kronos I is a ghost town during non-raid times. It's basically impossible to find groups for 5-man content, the world is barren, the AH is empty outside of raiding necessities and pug PVP is a nightmare. We need a fix to keep this amazing place amazing! :wub:

When you level up too fast you don't get bind to your character, and eventually you're gonna get tired of it very soon. It's the same as using cheats for any game, you just get bored. We might get more people? Yes, probably. Will they stick to the server for long? I doubt it. So it would be a temporary fix anyway.

I'd rather see the ship sinking under the sea in one piece, than chopping it a little every now and then till it crashes anyway.

fix lags
force hosting provider to fix lags
change hosting provider is they dont want do anything about lags

Give me 7x or give me death.

Also rip the only active guild on Horde, <SORRY>. Better give those guys 32x cuz they're deader than dead.

Also Foxxy and I will be offering Merge and 7x Protection Plan insurance, more info can be found at risencc.com under "Public Discussion".

Also rip K2.

p.s dont nerf ironfoe
p.s.s warrior charge is supposed to be immune to slows in 1.12

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit... I was looking forward to the x7. So where like 5 of my friends. K1 needs to be reinvigorated and that would have solved it. Why would anyone who is currently 60 on K1 care if players below level faster? I really don't get the objection...can someone explain what the big deal is?

The issue with 7x is the people who already have level 60 toons here, highly abuse the event. Myself included, during the last 7x event I boosted 9 toons to 60 and turned many of them into various transmutes and summon bots. It ruins the economy, and many of the people who come to the server for the 7x event end up leaving shortly thereafter because they dont feel an attachment to their character. I would rather keep the population the way it is than endure another 7x event.

The issue with 7x is the people who already have level 60 toons here, highly abuse the event. Myself included, during the last 7x event I boosted 9 toons to 60 and turned many of them into various transmutes and summon bots. It ruins the economy, and many of the people who come to the server for the 7x event end up leaving shortly thereafter because they dont feel an attachment to their character. I would rather keep the population the way it is than endure another 7x event.

You're 100% right, but the shitty thing is that due to Twinstar allowing players to buy/sell characters, it has been possible to build up an army of transmuters and summoning alts for a very small investment of RL money.. Or just by leveling 1 char on K2 and selling it in exchange for a shitload of chars on K1.

I started playing during the last x7 event and I am still very much attached to that char raiding and PvPing. What does it matter how I leveled her? That argument is just silly. Also me and my 5 friends who are currently active players would not be on kronos at all if not for the x7 event..

A lot of people simply don't have the time and patience to start playing with x1 leveling. I wish it was otherwise but that's how it is. Sure there will be some abuse with sum bots in x7 leveling but thats a small price to pay. People active on this forum, strongly opposed to x7 events, are naturally more dedicated and have the devotion to play fully in x1 but they will be doing it in an empty world if only the hardcore blizzlike fans will be there.

Also who wants to roll a new char when you know that there is nobody to level with and everyone else has tier 2 gear? x7 is a absolutely necessary in a desperate and critical situation for K1.

Thanks for listening to the community and asking our opinion, just another sign of Kronos' greatness.

1. Definitely release naxxramas wing by wing on ptr before going live. AQ40 had some annoying bugs on release which wasnt too gamebreaking but a ptr testing before release would have been a smart move.

2. Merge is complicated but right now seems like the most viable option. People complaining about gear difference in bgs should be aware that there's not too many pvprs running around with full aq gear or even bwl gear in battlegrounds atm on k1. Gear difference should not be an issue.

3. Small pvp improvements, mentioned many times in different forum posts: https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/114098-Future-of-Kronos-1-PvP

Thanks for all the great work so far!

I aswell, am one of the players who came during the 7x event. It was a well timed escape from abomination that was lagstalrius.

But, I am very much against a second exp event. For one, it would drive an even bigger wedge between K1 and K2, along with a lot of the vanilla community.

But you're in a completely different situation now, you have the players; but they are separated into different servers. Wanting to provide K2 players with an equal experience that K1 had is a perfectly fair point, and I think while a lot of K1 players, myself included, would love for a merge to happen tomorrow, we could wait until the first quarter of 2017 when K2 has caught up in terms of content.

As long as we have something to look forward too and we know that progress is being made, and with Naxxramas also hopefully being available shortly after, that would probably create some hype on it's own.

Another thing that has been talked about in the thread would be announcing the possiblity of transferring characters over to your TBC server, Ares. As someone already said, this has never been done before and would almost certainly draw a big amount of people.

On a different note; this thread itself is a very big part as too why Twinstar are keeping me as a player. Communicating with their players unlike most other big projects, thank you for that.

Last edited:
Don't PTR Naxx or release anything wing by wing imo. If people want inflated difficulty, they should just expect quirks and bugs until its fleshed out. Unfortunately, surprise is the only true difficulty and thats non Blizz-like and anyone playing Vanilla blizz-like emulation should not expect that. You have the Hyperion, the Wrath of the Lich King server and people on IRC have stated you have a huge head start on Naxx because of this.

The longer you take for Naxx the easier you are making it. I already stated in the other thread that it was 9 weeks between world first C'Thun and the release of Naxxaramas. We are week 14 of AQ40 farming this week. You gave us 47 weeks of BWL clearing instead of the 15 weeks live WOW had between Nef's death and AQ's first open gate.

IMO every time Kronos admin's focus on some community driven non-Blizzlike project it has been divisive and terrible. Just focus on the content of the actual game.

Merge is technically difficult for the reasons mentioned. Without an exp event there aren't many other options for bringing in new players. You can't get all your groceries in one bag and still have the bag be light. People I know would come back for a 7x event. You can't complain it's not like retail vanilla but then pretend like AQ40 being farmed on day 1 is normal.

You can't complain it's not like retail vanilla but then pretend like AQ40 being farmed on day 1 is normal.

All tactics are out there, there are so many videos available where one can see everything that ever happens in fights. The game is 11+ years old. Some guilds prepare their members months ahead and nag until they know every little thing that one can know in advance about the next content release, in preparation for server firsts race etc. So yeah, being farmed on day one IS normal given all the information we have.

Tell me, how would you prevent my guild from clearing Naxx in first night? You would not only have to make everything harder in the sense that damage is greater, but things would have to be hard in a completely unpredictable way and unknown to players. You would have to literally experience a different Naxx for the first time in your life in order to reproduce the "blizzlike difficulty" that you are talking about. Anything else... we'll clear it in first night.

All tactics are out there, there are so many videos available where one can see everything that ever happens in fights. The game is 11+ years old. Some guilds prepare their members months ahead and nag until they know every little thing that one can know in advance about the next content release, in preparation for server firsts race etc. So yeah, being farmed on day one IS normal given all the information we have.

Tell me, how would you prevent my guild from clearing Naxx in first night? You would not only have to make everything harder in the sense that damage is greater, but things would have to be hard in a completely unpredictable way and unknown to players. You would have to literally experience a different Naxx for the first time in your life in order to reproduce the "blizzlike difficulty" that you are talking about. Anything else... we'll clear it in first night.

stop, you're arguing with the same type of person that thinks nost is the best thing to happen to mankind because they associate the server with their first big hit of nostalgia

Don't PTR Naxx or release anything wing by wing imo.
Yes please don't let Ermean force me to do shitty PTR naxx before the actual release and kill the magic of redoing Naxx again.

The only thing that was wrong last time was releasing it when clearly not ready, or as you said something went wrong patching the live version, can be easily checked by yourselves this time if you patch it some weeks before without opening it. Also bugreports for naxxbosses being public and not hidden would allow people to notice obvious flaws as well. Doing the entire Naxx on a PTR will be awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Or just by leveling 1 char on K2 and selling it in exchange for a shitload of chars on K1.
Also part of the problem really, even if a new player WANTS to play on K1 and raid AQ40 there, why would he level on k1? If he levels on K2, once he gets to lvl 60, He can sell his char for stars (~17k+) and buy TWO/THREE lvl 60s (~6-10k), in RAIDING gear, for the price he sold his K2 char for.

K2 is currently like a X2/3 event for K1 with the star prices.

Of course there is an added big chance you will get attached to K2 while leveling there and will never make the switch. Leveling on K1 is 100% not worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom