• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

Don't do another exp event. It's always been held against Kronos 1 as a negative. Most of the people who level x7 won't stick around anyway. They have nothing invested in their toon. My old guild had a ton of people who levelled that way and most never stuck around for long after hitting 60. X7 is an attempt to eliminate the grind, but levelling isn't a grind if you have lots of friends to do it with. It goes from a grind to being fun since you're running stuff all the time.

Population is the number 1 thing people want. K1's problems stem from the fact most new blood goes to K2; and that's because they have more people to play with.

It doesn't have to happen overnight but work towards a merge and let the community know that this is what's planned in the near future. I think this will get people excited and those who plan to leave for the other project will think twice. Some in my guild have in fact said as much.

K2 players will suddenly have 2 more raids and loads more people to pvp with. How is that not exciting? There isn't even that much difference between BWL and AQ gear anyway. A couple months and everyone is caught up.

K2 helped ease the sudden burden that Kronos had to bare. Now it's time to unite.

a detailed timeline regarding naxx release would be nice i think.
even better if Naxx is released wing by wing and not all in once.
that will give new people a good reason to join the server and those already playing here something new to wait for.

In Playing on kronos 1 and the big problem is that the server seems dead when it comes to 5-man and pvp waiting 2-3 more month for a possible merge would solve the problem. But how many more will dissapear before that happens?

As a few others have said 7x on kronos 1 would bring more people to server and if just half of them stay active would still be a big boost.

I feel that the past x7 event did more harm that good, not to mention all the fresh 60's in barrens crap trying to do 5mans and the army of toons some people now have. I think repeating history is a bad option.

The whole merge now is a waste as well, if I was on K2 and forced to merge with K1 I'd jump ship not being able to take part of the war effort. If anything once the gate to AQ are opened on K2 at the soonest... heck call it the merge effort..

I'll also be shocked if this holy grail of vanilla wow everyone seems to be praising will be able to support the hype train, think nost was busy? Wait till they open the doors... their website already takes a long time to load.. ddos, gold sellers, extreamly overpopulated lag fest for the first few weeks then everyone realizes they're back progressing mc then the population drops... not sure why anyone would what that, but do what makes you happy.

At this point I feel there is nothing good that can be done other than wait and see then adjust from there, if people are going to at this point nothing will change their minds. Doing anything right now is nothing more than a rash and desperate move. What should be done is focusing on Kronos future and keep pushing forward, adjusting and improving as it goes.

Wish it wasn't such a battle of vanilla projects, and all of us as vanilla gamers could just work together regardless of witch project.

My guild (on K1)is seriously discussing a move, that's more people than took to the forums to whine about x7. An event like that could have kept us here. I don't want to move, but I'll go with my guild if they choose to. :sad:

Whats wrong with 7x? give me them alts :p
stop draining my mana in wsg plez Khrey

Last edited:
If I was considering whether to join k1 or not, I'd only do it with x7 now, cause naxx is coming soon. No need to level a main character the hard way if there's no BWL/aq face in sight.

Before the Nost announcement I'd have understood not merging (or waiting until Naxx on both) servers, mainly because the majority of the people who rolled on K2 were from Nost and didn't want to start fresh on a server that people had been farming BWL on since forever. At this point, however, I don't see any negatives to merging servers. Those same people, like Sushibarf said, are most likely going to return to Nost.

As for <SORRY>, a pretty good percentage of our players who migrated from Nost quit due to the extremely low population/glaring bugs that have existed since we rerolled in April. World PvP is non-existent and it would be a miracle to be able to queue more than one game premade vs premade (or pug for that matter). There's just nothing to do outside of raiding, and raidlogging really isn't why the majority of people choose to play Vanilla WoW. I actually can't remember the last time I left Orgrimmar or Undercity to do anything besides to world buff.

And for the love of GOD, please fix charge/intercept.

I understand that merge is technically not possible, then please give us the option for character transfer from K1 to K2. I would even be happy if I get my char across to K2 with same level but missing gear. Because the low population on K1 is unbearable.

We've been heavily discussing merge options.

However,
merge of Kronos I and Kronos II is not as easy at it seems, mainly due to Kronos II being behind content wise.
Even if we would open War Effort today, it won't be done anytime soon. We want to grant Kronos II players the same experience and possibilities that you, players of Kronos I, had.

Emerald Dragons, War Effort and AQ40 progress on Kronos II would take several weeks, exceeding 2 months mentioned by sushibarf.

Merging Kronos II into Kronos I would result basically opening two raids for Kronos II players, both AQ40 and Naxxramas.

Current views on how to populate k1:
-x7 event
-merge k1 with k2

My point of view of the population on k1:
A big problem is that neither of the 2 options above are viable due to the points of views already given by people
-obviously x7 will bring some people, But looking at the long term its not a proper solution due to the fact that it gives the server a bad rep to the observer that actually wants to go for the blizz-like content, so all the people that come from the hype of the x7 event will have to cancel out the bad rep obtained by the exact same event and i don't think it does in the long run

-merge seems nice but due to gear, war effort and stuff like that its not fair to the people on k2 and 2ndly it would take too long for the to catch up before the nost eats up people from k1 and k2.

->so i would suggest that we as a community step up advertising for the kronos servers and annouce the future of both servers (if it holds a merge, whether it goes TBC or people will be able to transfer their toon to the TBC realm when they desire and so on to create our own hype) on different platforms, like Facebook, youtube and where else the possible candidates might stem from. the problem about kronos is that a lot of people are unaware of the servers existence and the fact that we got the better scripts and the fact that the star system isn't as QQ as people might think (it pays for the service, it keeps the servers alive and doesn't create a blackmarket through eBay and other sites where people might buy account; i mean people will be able to buy chars no matter if we have the star system or not and the star system makes us able to do selling, changing class and races legit while at the same time funding the whole project) i think that this is WAY more appealing than doing a x7 event.

another addition the whole hype that nost had wasn't due to the fact that their server had smt that we on kronos didn't it stem from they being able to reach out to people through different platforms and making people aware of the project and thereby creating a big player base which created extra hype and additional players. we should reach out though short movies on social media and youtube just like the other projects and tell them the real facts and maybe make the mother website (twister) more understandable to new players how every thing works and how they get into action at least for me if it wasn't due to the fact that my brother played here i would never have worked out how the hell it all worked due to the fact that all informations regarding kronos are split up, forums, kronos, twinstar, kronos-logs and twinhead.

sry for the long post, however i care about this project and i would be very sad to see it all be lost, if we do not react (so see it as commitment from my side) ;)

Please merge them. No matter if naxx is being released soon on k2, it only motivates players to stay on this server. Many people wants to raid naxx40, and if you release it before elysium, many people would still play on this server.

You wanna move slow within the content while theres huge server lauching soon? Sure, lets watch this server die then.

I understand that merge is technically not possible, then please give us the option for character transfer from K1 to K2. I would even be happy if I get my char across to K2 with same level but missing gear. Because the low population on K1 is unbearable.

It is technologically possible, they just don't want to because of the servers being different content wise, as stated in your quote. If people transfer from K1 to K2, K1 would be even more death than it is on top of people wanting to leave for Elysium.

merge of Kronos I and Kronos II is not as easy at it seems, mainly due to Kronos II being behind content wise.
Even if we would open War Effort today, it won't be done anytime soon. We want to grant Kronos II players the same experience and possibilities that you, players of Kronos I, had.
I was always opposed to merge, but if I'd to be support it...

Why not give K2 players a better experience - namely, harder AQ, with less time of BWL-ZG farming and with less time to get NR pieces from Dragons of Nightmare? Start War Effort today indeed. It will also address the eternal wine about "nerfed" content.

I fully support x7 event again along with many peeps from my guild, leave behind the negative comments, just do it. All the nosence whiners will be playing anyway. Maybe peeps will also come back to lvl up new classes, coz they CBA like me to lvl at normal rate, since there is RL as well.

Last edited:
I fully support x7 event again along with many peeps from my guild, leave behind the negative comments, just do it. All the nosence whiners will be playing anyway. Maybe peeps will also come back to lvl up new classes, coz they CBA like me to lvl at normal rate, since there is RL as well.
+1
fully support

All other merger talk aside: One of the main arguments against a merge I keep hearing is that the timeline on K2 is not progressed far enough.

Yet K2 is seeing the same timeline as K1 was, which is significantly slower than what retail vanilla had - and there is really no reason for it unless it because the content is already done and working on K1, so it should be no problem to release it on K2 as well.BWL release in August was fine, but why is ZG still not out 4 months later? That was like 2 months on retail; and like I said, no reason why it should be any longer on K2 now.

BWL release in August was fine, but why is ZG still not out 4 months later?

Becouse if all the content is released quickly, the players would also be done with the game quickly, ergo the server would die quickly. I guess the plan is to "milk the cow" for as long as possible, and from a marketing point of view this is pretty legit.

already unsettling levels of activity outside of raid days.
As a returning player I actually wanted to open a thread on this topic (I stopped playing during the whole DDOS thing). I really was worried this had turned into a "raidlog" server during my time away. A shame since I really liked my 59 druid here. I guess I'll try playing again for a bit and see for myself.

As i see it we only have a few things that could make people stay and one of them is a xp event and also a TBC release date with possibility to transfer characters from K1 & K2.

The xp event is a good idea but 8 weeks was a little to long, maybe 2-3?

I can just speak for myself and i play here just until the TBC server is done then im off! Maybe make sure that peoples X amount of hours are not a total waste on the kronos servers to keep them playing here with something like a small extra gift on the TBC realm if they have reaced 60 and have done a certain progress?

I don't like that you listened to the loud minority, you should just make a decision and stand by it! I guess you have done so by now tho :/

Allowing this server to progress into a TBC server (ie, open a fresh TBC server and allow character copies from Kronos) after Naxxramas has been cleared would be amazing. This seems like the most obvious next step.

Wait, so 5-10 hipster-douchebags complained about the event, and now its canceled? Well I can't wait for their alternative idea to save Kronos lol:lol:

How did a merge the servers/dont do 7x thread turn into a:

Buff raids, fix pvp, release TBC, release naxx, etc etc etc thread.

Seeing how my guild and a big part of K1 breathes, best thing to do would be not to do anything drastic. Yet.

Last time x7 was released, it took way too long, it allowed people to level like 5 toons in no time. And people who are evaluating if to start to play somewhere do not need such big boost to do it. Something like x3 is enough to bring new people and enough to keep old people away from leveling tons of toons. It allows a new person to love his toon and stick to it and it allows old players to get "that one quality alt" they always wanted but never had time for it.

And also, overall population that plays on both K1 and K2 is actually not that young, and pretty tired of changing private servers. Tons of players, especially those who focus on PvE aspect, just want to finally reach Naxx and clear it in peace.
As for PvP, cross realm battleground is not a bad idea at all. Yes the gear is different, but that doesnt create faction misbalance. Maybe just test that out and since that is not a huge move (like K1 + K2 merge) it can easily be undone if it is not recognized by players.

And, as a lot of people here mentioned, a big and an awesome move would be to announce that "after-Naxx" idea. A TBC server where people can get copies of their toons, that would secure the future of both realms, and make the TBC hype real. A huge amount of people find TBC the best thing in WOW (personally I love vanilla more, but I know tons of people who want a quality TBC), and to give them a chance to play late Vanilla and to evolve to TBC if they want would be the right move.

Top Bottom