• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

50g respecs help curve inflation and keep players invested in the economy.

And the stay in place instance resseting that allowed people to farm serious amounts of arcane crystals and various herbs that has created the dead feeling of the economy as most people have a big stash of everything and need minimal interaction with the economy.
Have you ever played a tank or healer? I mean this thing isn't much of a concern for DPS, since their raid spec will work decently for questing and farming. But it's hell for healers, burning a huge hole into their budget whenever they want to get anything done solo.

If you want back those ridiculous respec costs, then I want back guild taxes, which were used to cover expenses of tanks and healers, who these days are expected to sacrifice themself for the greater good, among other things.

No doubt most of the people in here advocating for a merge are from K1 and have zero to lose from this. As someone from k2, I personally believe merging the servers is a brain dead idea. Contrary to popular belief, on K2 I have seen quite a few guilds stand firm with Kronos and have no intention of leaving to Nost. I do not believe K2 will be dealt a death blow by this nost business. Valkyrie WoW, who will be hosting this new Nost server, is a shit show (no AQ in 6 years) and I have no confidence that they will be able to maintain a server anywhere close to how well nost did (and nost was incredibly flawed in its own right). More than likely, players will soon discover that this new server will be terrible and nothing like the Nost they remember. They will come crawling back to Kronos, a superiorly scripted server, within weeks.

If the Kronos staff decides to merge the servers, you will likely lose 90% of the K2 population. Nobody in their right mind would accept that kind accelerated lopsided move. Not to mention how badly it would fuck up the economy. If you want to completely kill both servers, then by all means, merge the servers. Nobody from K2 will be playing on the merged server.

Now for a terrible suggestion of my own. As a biased K2 player, (sorry, k1 needs k2 a hell of a lot more than k2 needs k1 so deal with it) the only thing I would feel would be acceptable in terms of a "merge" would be to let K1 players transfer to K2 with all items past BWL being deleted and SEVERE item/gold restrictions on how much they could bring with them. Again we don't want the economy to get obliterated due to such a move. I understand that the K1 people will bitch and moan that its not fair and they don't want to have to gear/progress all over again. Whelp guess what, K2 is holding all the cards. It will give K1 something to do and they won't be raid logging. This will also stimulate PVP with the influx of people. I doubt many serious pvpers would have an issue with being downgraded to gear that is on par with the latest content as the main focus for them is getting to pvp again. I personally don't like this suggestion but from a K2 player's standpoint, it is the only thing that makes sense.

I'm not saying that arcane crystals are the bottleneck but when people exploit to get them they arent interacting with the economy which leads to the dead economy feel that k1 has, atleast hordeside.. The rich get richer and further ahead and those who manually farmed crystals have them rot on the ah when a normal blizzlike market would have a boost in sales. To further compound the issue all the 7xers dont even need to purchase enchants.

Community interaction is the lifeblood of making vanilla wow the unique experience it is.

If the Kronos staff decides to merge the servers, you will likely lose 90% of the K2 population. Nobody in their right mind would accept that kind accelerated lopsided move. Not to mention how badly it would fuck up the economy. If you want to completely kill both servers, then by all means, merge the servers. Nobody from K2 will be playing on the merged server.

Now for a terrible suggestion of my own. As a biased K2 player, (sorry, k1 needs k2 a hell of a lot more than k2 needs k1 so deal with it) the only thing I would feel would be acceptable in terms of a "merge" would be to let K1 players transfer to K2 with all items past BWL being deleted and SEVERE item/gold restrictions on how much they could bring with them. Again we don't want the economy to get obliterated due to such a move. I understand that the K1 people will bitch and moan that its not fair and they don't want to have to gear/progress all over again. Whelp guess what, K2 is holding all the cards. It will give K1 something to do and they won't be raid logging. This will also stimulate PVP with the influx of people. I doubt many serious pvpers would have an issue with being downgraded to gear that is on par with the latest content as the main focus for them is getting to pvp again. I personally don't like this suggestion but from a K2 player's standpoint, it is the only thing that makes sense.

Why would you fuck over the people who have been here since day 1 and will keep playing here? Makes no sense.

I strongly doubt that K2 will be superior to K1 after nos launches, it's definately going to lose most of it's population and will probably dip below K1.

But even with that, most K1 players are completely agreeing to letting K2 get their AQ launch before the merge, which would eliminate the gear difference which seems to be main argument for a non-merge.

Then again, a lot of people will probably stay even after a merge, and being able to present a healthy populated server with Naxxramas available is a strong competitor seeing as no one else can provide this.

There will be literally NO POINT playing on k2 after Nos launch, that server doesn't have anything that nos doesn't, and it'll have less pop aswell?

I'm not saying that arcane crystals are the bottleneck but when people exploit to get them they arent interacting with the economy which leads to the dead economy feel that k1 has, atleast hordeside.. The rich get richer and further ahead and those who manually farmed crystals have them rot on the ah when a normal blizzlike market would have a boost in sales. To further compound the issue all the 7xers dont even need to purchase enchants.

Community interaction is the lifeblood of making vanilla wow the unique experience it is.

Thing is that this late in the game the focus (in PVE) is shifted from general community to guilds as large units in which everything anyone needs is supplied for the most part. For example, our guild has always been buying arcanite for future thunderfuries and AQ legendary mounts that were given to people on demand. Enchanting materials are collected in raids from all the trash and boss drops and given to members cheaper than they can get on AH. We cover all the professions and people get items crafted and gear enchanted inside the guild without need to interact with people outside.
The only interaction most people have is buying some herbs that they have low supply of on the auction house or world chat so that they can replenish their supplies of raiding consumables. Raiding double 40 man raids every week with 2-3 extra days for 20 man raids results in a large gold supply just from raiding and large supply of all kinds of materials for the guild bank and guild as a whole. We don't NEED the rest of the server for almost anything. That's part of the issue here since interaction with outsiders is reduced to the minimum. And it works for us perfectly too, only PvPers miss having more BGs and world PvP. And something like that is natural for an older realm such as K1.

From this point on there isn't much that can be done to improve the activity of the realm aside from incentivizing PvP and battlegrounds. Make the necessary changes to the PvP and battleground system (deserter on queue drop, enable multiqueue) and popularize pug games (honestly even gold for marks isn't too bad option if it will make more of PvErs in epics join battlegrounds) and realm will feel much healthier.
Sometimes we do guild premades but then we get bored after an hour because we have no reason to keep doing it. The "fun" of killing disorganized horde quickly passes and 40 minute games against premades get dull fast. Then we remember we need to finish grinding blasted lands buffs for the raid tomorrow or that it's time to take world buffs and log out in front of the raid dungeon so we can have some more time in the evening before logging in for the raid, so we abandon the PvP distraction.

Thing is, for PvP you need PvPers. You can't just expect PvErs to fill in the holes in the PvP community without giving them a reason to do so. Give people reason to. Nerf premade dodging, add some rewards for doing battlegrounds and suddenly you will have much more people who are geared to the teeth joining battlegrounds and giving new life to the whole PvP scene. It may make some people who went to K2 to PvP join BGs on K1 again when they don't just get farmed by premades every time they want to PvP for an hour or two in their evening.

Last edited:
A few people keep saying that K1 was fine before Nost came out, and that it will continue to be fine after.. but they are forgetting a few things.

1. A lot of players left K1 when K2 launched.
2. A lot of players left K1 when Legion was launched. This is pretty easy to show on the Alliance side especially. Since Legion launched, the following raiding guilds have disbanded : CORAL, Serenity, ThunderCats, Fierce, Eclipse
3. A lot of players left K1 will leave to go back to Nost.

K1 will be 100% dead by the time Nost re-releases for these reasons.

Dervin has already articulated a lot of the other issues leading to K1's demise. Most specifically I think was the decision to use 1.12 itemization, which made the reputation and gear grind far too accelerated.

Other issues:
  • There has been 0 communication from the developers as to what timeline we can expect a Naxxramas release.
  • Non blizz-like changes such as Warlocks needing to be level 45 in order to summon level 60s, completely fucked over new guilds who tried to succeed on K1. With the 7x event, all of the old guilds had armies of Warlocks to use, or level 60s to trade for Warlocks. If summon level had been kept at level 20, new guilds would have been able to better compete and clear content quickly.
  • Stealth nerfing Black Lotus spawns means that higher end players have even less reason to log in now days, outside of scheduled raid times.
  • It's impossible for new players to join K1, because they can't even find groups to do Onyxia, MC, or BWL attunement quests

Yes there is no doubt that top guilds are able to self sustain till nax, the issue is there is such a tiny market flow for consumes that smaller guilds and casual players will never be able to get a stable footing and just quit. Im not saying nost didn't have inflation issues, but there was a lot more avenues to generate gold because the economy was active for most items.

Arcane crystals are a dead market on k1 new players wont be able to farm crystals and sell them for what their time invested was worth.

Theres no room for new growth here at all, old players don't have a money sink that keeps them selling materials to new players. and new player will have to farm everything by hand or buy gold to be able to generate the gold to sustain progression.

The amount of salt I have in my veins is unending for all the people who cried about another *TEMPORARY* x7 event. Gives altoholics like me a reason to just sit there on the grind to try and get one of everything. Would've absolutely loved that, hope the team at Kronos doesn't completely shitcan the notion.

I don't care what your opinion is against it, what you think it will do to the servers etc, I came to Kronos 2 days before the original x7 event, and I'm still here. Will still be here, regardless. I enjoy the need to farm things and spend time grinding etc etc, but the x7 would've really given me the boost to commit to all those alts I've now started and see them through. Even if I didn't finish them all, when it was over, I'd be compelled to continue on with those whom didn't make it to 60.

Ahh, but many will argue against that, saying it kills the vanilla experience and they don't like it. As many have said before, it's an *OPTION* that you have to take. The option is there, for *you* to choose whether or not you adhere to it. That's coexistence. It does nothing to ruin *your* experience, unless you just enjoyed reading people whine and complain about how slow leveling is etc etc.

Take it or leave it, I'm all for a temporary x7 to reel some more folks in.

I'm one of those ppl who actually had 60 with x7 event, tho i went through lvl 35 in the first 2 weeks of kronos. If that didn't happen i would have not been back to the server, personally i don't see the death of K1 with this event. I had already suggested some of my friends to get back cos of x7 and probably more ppl actually did the same. No matter what ppl will leave eventually, either is x1 or x7, not all out there experienced vanilla and probably have no idea how much the "grinding" was a mechanic of the game, that is for gear or money.

Many of us were most likely adolescent who got back to school and spent the rest of the time playing this awesome game that was WoW, but nowadays ppl wants easy rewards for no efforts at all, so all the complaining about this is pretty much, to me, pointless. Hardcore players will always be like that and vanilla was not just about them, i saw ppl farming 24/7, going around discovering the whole world. People who never raided but were "happy" of their blues cos 5 men were still a challenge, there were not so many informations about BiS and so on, there was no vanity item, everything was new, but after 12y can't pretend there's the same atmosphere there was back then, it's not possible.

If a player seek the "true vanilla experience" will just stay no matter what, i'm doing PvP even tho the guild i'm in clears all the main raids at max 4 hours. There are premades 24/7 but still i'm playing, i'm farming a little bit to not be completely broke. Vanilla could just be anything, it was just about you how to play it. The xp event for what it is my thought can just bring more ppl to the server as it did the previous one and ppl stayed quite active at least 4-5 months after it was ended. What really screwed up the server was the 1 month DDoS attack cos in june k1 was still pretty active and Orgrimmar was full of new ppl and new 60s, BRM was always a gank fest in those months. Silithus is a dead zone even tho should be the most active one at this moment of the patch, so for me it will grant new life to the server.

Problem with xXP events is that they come with many negative side effects, even if one isn't opposed to allowing some people to catch up fast. This becomes especially true with unlimited accounts and multiboxing. The catch up mechanic becomes pretty nullified as the hardcore 60s will level up a large amount of alts

We've been keeping tabs on this thread and have taken everything on board. A few of the suggestions made were already on the road map, so we'll happily divulge that information in the very near future for your consideration.

Discussions are continuing among the team and we'll give you guys something more concrete in the coming days.

Aside from pathing issues, what was better scripted on Nostalrius?
First off, I hope the admins don't take this post as Kronos-bashing and instead as constructive criticism.

I think you're greatly underestimating how important pathing is.
Broodlord/techs coming through the ceiling in Vael's room - that never happened on Nost.
Hatchers practically do no damage in suppression room. You don't even have to have pummel/cs/kick keybound. You could pull multiple at a time because the damage aura ticks for 50.
If you step on the railing in BWL on Kronos, you pull the entire instance.
If you have a pet active in BWL past Firemaw it could, for no reason at all, run and pull the whole instance.
I'm sure you've all encountered the problem on Ebonroc/Firemaw/Flamegor where they straight up don't use Wing Buffet.
The Chromaggus encounter is completely negated by the tank LoSing the breath. (he also hits like a bitch)
Just last week, Chromaggus got stuck in the ceiling for 5-10 minutes.
Nefarian randomly walks toward/faces the raid even when he has the tank targeted (Alliance probably doesn't have this issue)

And this was only from July onward, when Kronos had been out for over a year. None of these problems existed on Nost.

Now about tuning. Obviously on Kronos there's 1.12.1 dungeon gear and titanic leggings, earthstrike, etc, which make the raids easier by default. Bosses also hit for less on Kronos. King Gordok on Nostalrius hit harder than Nefarian on Kronos.

As for Molten Core, there's the Shazzrah blink "you must be facing your target" bug, Ragnaros threat bug where he just slams whoever he wants.

Moreover, (almost) anything that has a chance to proc on Kronos procs way more than it should. Mace stun, frostbite, impact, Ironfoe, blackout, imp concussive shot, etc.
Engineering on Kronos feels like a waste of gold, with the exception of reflectors. With heartbeat resists being as fucked as they are, you're not likely to get out of the Rocket Helm knockdown before your target breaks out of the cc.
Warlock pets are laughable as well, all having the wrong skills and whatnot.

As for class specific bugs:

Warrior: Might as well remove charge from your bars. 100 rage executes being dodged and taking all your rage, whirlwind not proccing shit (although this may have been fixed). Intercepting C'thun and ending up in the room before Bug Trio, lying on the floor dead as fuck. Intimidating shout breaking in 3 seconds.
Hunter: Feign Death being resisted more than 50% of the time, tranquilizing shot resisting.
Warlock: Pet pathing in Warsong Gulch, seduce not working.
Priests: Psychic Scream undispellable.
Mage: Slow debuff priority. For example, using Cone of Cold on a target affected by Improved Blizzard. The target retains the Improved Blizzard slow, Cone of Cold doesn't apply a slow and only does damage. Cone of Colding a rogue right after they vanish also won't apply a slow, this is similar to the rogue Improved Sprint bug.
Rogue: Improved Sprint gives a 1~ sec immunity to slows. Vanish stinks.

This is just off the top of my head. Of course Nostalrius wasn't perfect, but the circlejerk I see on the Kronos forums is UNREAL. I'd suggest doing what Dervin said and, instead of acting like Kronos is the best scripted server in pserver existence, take a good hard look at Kronos. If Kronos was seriously scripted so much better than Nostarlius, there would be no fear of a mass exodus. At this point, (most of) my guild and I have spent more time on Kronos than Nostalrius, and they're more than willing to drop the past 7 months of work to go back to Nostalrius.

Legion hit Horde worst. The population balance has got really bad in the last couple of months.

The bottom line is there isn't enough vanilla population to go across 3 servers. The other one has historically been much better at publicity than Kronos which doesn't bode well. They probably got even more famous after shut-down. It really isn't difficult to envision how things are going to play out if the other server has a successful launch.

If Kronos merges soon then they have a chance to retain some of the players that plan to leave. Some are going to leave anyway, so that will ease the burden on the server. Not acting means players will go and get established at the other place and not look back. All the downsides of merging can be solved with a few months of raiding. The server can be nicely settled right in time for Naxx. Seriously, this can be a huge positive for Kronos.

I honestly think most players would like a merge before anything. Since both K1 and K2 will drop loads of players soon and we all know why.

I can of course only speak for myself, but why would I want to clear Naxx, or any other end game content, on a dead server?

And if the hardcore endgame players still prefer to do that, then for gods sake let ppl transfer their non 60 characters to K2... I have a lvl 58 character that I would LOVE to continue playing on. Unfortunately he is on K1 and trying to get groups for dungeons, quests, pvp, or ANYTHING there is literally impossible. And none the least depressing wandering around completely alone in every landscape your are in. And the only thing that goes around in my head is... "what the hell am I even doing here?"

I definitely would continue playing on the character if I could transfer him to the server that is actually populated, and I know for a fact that MANY other players would do the same. Instead you are losing another player from kronos now.

Make a character cross server transfer available, and save the sinking ship that K1 currently is. Also improve K2. Even though it is populated, the complaints about how low populated it still is flourish in the public chats.

Please please please listen to your fans. I would even pay for a character transfer to K2.

Just wanted to throw my opinion here. A merge/transfer is needed for sure. You're going to be losing a lot of players to the relaunch of nost and there is nothing you can do about it other than adapt.
Your arguement Chero is that the kronos2 players are going to miss out on AQ event for example, they will also get 3 new instances that they have to "learn". It's either that or you're going to have two low populated servers.

Now that this merge talk is out of the way. Next project should be fix this pvp issue that has been spammed on the forum for the last 6 months. I've not been following it but from what I see is that people want some kind of deserter when you leave the que when it pops. To prevent que dodge ofc.

After that is done, work on scripting naxx, find a way to fix this connection issue ingame. Fix ablilties just like Ahlaundoh mention before and at the same time try to improve the scripting on the current raids. I know it's a lot of work and you're not getting paid for the hours you're putting in and we all appreciate what you're doing.

Reactions: dms
I think you're greatly underestimating how important pathing is.
Broodlord/techs coming through the ceiling in Vael's room - that never happened on Nost.

I don't. I know that Kronos pathing sucks but it's been that way since the release and doesn't seem like it will ever be improved. Sadly it's a core mechanic that affects and causes many other things that you mentioned.

Hatchers practically do no damage in suppression room. You don't even have to have pummel/cs/kick keybound. You could pull multiple at a time because the damage aura ticks for 50.

Flamestrike definitely needs to be interrupted if you want to avoid major issues since it deals massive damage. Their other ability, Growing Flames aura, indeed deals 50 damage every 2 seconds in a wide radius around the hatcher and is used as annoyance to rogues to keep them out of stealth and force raid to pay more attention to handling hatchers and pulling them very carefully. Are you saying it should deal more damage? Why?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=22442
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=22442/growing-flames

If you step on the railing in BWL on Kronos, you pull the entire instance.
If you have a pet active in BWL past Firemaw it could, for no reason at all, run and pull the whole instance.

Pathing issues. Stepping on the ledge on the side causes mobs that have agro on the person that stepped on the ledge to go back up the ramp and attempt to reach the person by following the ledge path. This causes the mobs to agro the goblin packs upstairs.

I'm sure you've all encountered the problem on Ebonroc/Firemaw/Flamegor where they straight up don't use Wing Buffet.
The Chromaggus encounter is completely negated by the tank LoSing the breath. (he also hits like a bitch)
Just last week, Chromaggus got stuck in the ceiling for 5-10 minutes.

Kronos has a bug where abilities don't queue up one after the other but rather attempt to be used at the same time. So if Shadow Flame is being cast within the timeframe of 1.5 seconds when Wing Buffet was supposed to be cast, Wing Buffet gets completely skipped. This is because they made abilities like Shadow Flame follow randomized timer rather than fixed 15 seconds, but they didn't anticipate and prevent it completely overwriting the cast of Wing Buffet. To be fair, this is something we have known for a long time but never bothered to report so fault lies in us as well. They did fix every raid content bug that I reported that wasn't directly related to pathing.

Chromaggus in ceiling is again bad pathing. Tanks dodging the breath is not a Kronos bug. Tell me, what is the alternative? How would you force Chromaggus to always cast his breaths on the tank if tank steps out of line-of-sight when castbar of the boss is in progress. Would you make the boss stop casting and move into the line of sight of the tank? But then tank can be positioned in such a way that he keeps jumping from one spot to another forever keeping Chromaggus stuck trying to catch the tank and hit him with his breath, all the while healers and DPS can safely stay in line of sight of the boss DPSing him without worrying about breaths at all.
Or another thing you might suggest: after finishing the case the boss should go around the corner even if tank didn't yet fully reappear back into the line of sight. But does this really matter? For next 30 seconds he won't be using any breath so tank has all the time in the world to reposition the boss properly. DPS can again be positioned so they can be hitting the boss all the time while this is being done.

Just because people didn't use to do this back in the day doesn't mean it's wrong. As you see, there is nothing that can be done about Chromaggus and it is simply a tactic superior to previously used.

Nefarian randomly walks toward/faces the raid even when he has the tank targeted (Alliance probably doesn't have this issue)

Again pathing. When someone other than the tank gets agro even for a milisecond the boss starts moving towards that target. Since pathing is bad, tank immediately gaining agro back does not make the boss immediately stop moving but rather it keeps moving towards previous target for 2-3 seconds before turning back to the tank.

So far you listed two bugs: pathing and abilities being cast overwriting one another. Okay, Kronos has two raid bugs. Be honest and think about how many Nostalrius had. You can start with Ragnaros being farm b**** for first few weeks since he didn't attack people outside melee range and bosses having zero armor.

Now about tuning. Obviously on Kronos there's 1.12.1 dungeon gear and titanic leggings, earthstrike, etc, which make the raids easier by default. Bosses also hit for less on Kronos. King Gordok on Nostalrius hit harder than Nefarian on Kronos.

As for Molten Core, there's the Shazzrah blink "you must be facing your target" bug, Ragnaros threat bug where he just slams whoever he wants.

Moreover, (almost) anything that has a chance to proc on Kronos procs way more than it should. Mace stun, frostbite, impact, Ironfoe, blackout, imp concussive shot, etc.
Engineering on Kronos feels like a waste of gold, with the exception of reflectors. With heartbeat resists being as fucked as they are, you're not likely to get out of the Rocket Helm knockdown before your target breaks out of the cc.
Warlock pets are laughable as well, all having the wrong skills and whatnot.

Content release not following historic schedule is not a bug but a questionable decision making from the server administration. Blackout, frostbite, mace stuns etc. have exact proc chances listed... Ironfoe is topic of heated discussion and devs don't want to make wrong changes just because people cry loud enough. They are looking for more evidence at the moment that would force a change in either direction. Since when is judge not swinging hammer at whim and waiting for further evidence and proper discussion a bad thing?

As for class specific bugs:

Warrior: Might as well remove charge from your bars. 100 rage executes being dodged and taking all your rage, whirlwind not proccing shit (although this may have been fixed). Intercepting C'thun and ending up in the room before Bug Trio, lying on the floor dead as fuck. Intimidating shout breaking in 3 seconds.
Hunter: Feign Death being resisted more than 50% of the time, tranquilizing shot resisting.
Warlock: Pet pathing in Warsong Gulch, seduce not working.
Priests: Psychic Scream undispellable.
Mage: Slow debuff priority. For example, using Cone of Cold on a target affected by Improved Blizzard. The target retains the Improved Blizzard slow, Cone of Cold doesn't apply a slow and only does damage. Cone of Colding a rogue right after they vanish also won't apply a slow, this is similar to the rogue Improved Sprint bug.
Rogue: Improved Sprint gives a 1~ sec immunity to slows. Vanish stinks.

In this part you are simply being disrespectful. Do you not follow issue tracker that twinhead has? If you do, then you surely know that there are everyday discussions about bugs and matters that aren't clear how they should function, and you should also know that in light of proper evidence things always get fixed to the proper way that they should work (if evidence isn't garbage).

Mage slow debuff priority as you described is actually legit. Feign death has spell miss chance. Tranq shot effect being on spell miss is a topic of discussion on issue tracker. Pet pathing, yes we all agreed pathing sucks. Rest of the things you listed as bugs have mostly been issues in the past and fixed to the current version. Please provide evidence on issue tracker that they should work differently in current version of the game and I'm sure devs will fix it in a matter of weeks.

@Chero

Another x7 event isn't necessarily a bad idea, but if it were to happen it should be after the merge of K1 and K2 and, if possible, a week or at least a few days before the release of Nost 2.0.

It's not a secret that, the project with the highest population is what attracts new players the most. Unfortunatly Kronos are not very strong at that point compared to Nost 2.0, so therefore something has to be done to make new players reconsinder before they choose where to start playing. Another x7 event might actually do the trick because, the thing is that such event would never happen on Nost and as we all know, there's a lot of people who really wants to play vanilla but hate the slow leveling.

I really thing one of the major issues that Kronos has is a lack of developers. I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to find a trustworthy and experienced developer to help on a project like this, but it's a pretty big issue. If there were a few other developers who could work on bug fixing, then the lead devs could fix on developing/scripting content.

There are alot of issues and bugs etc with Kronos servers. Population is getting one of the biggest issues. The reason for this is most likely the ddos lag and other server stability issues. When I came to this server from Nost the biggest draw of the server was the latency. As soon as the ddos attack happened I think a VAST majority of all new players left and I think I'm in the minority of the people who stayed. We are still plagued with lag, targeting random players each raid night making them completely unable to play.

You can merge the servers, add 7x event, NAXX or whatever to get new players. BUT the best way of KEEPING players playing is to make their experience better, and fixing lag is probably the best way of doing that. Getting another huge influx of players on either server atm will only cause more server instability and the server population might go up in the start but give it a month and we will be back in the same situation again. I understand it's a problematic to find a good server provider etc but if you truly want to fix population problems I think this is where you should put the majority of your efforts.

With "New Nost" opening up they will have huge issues with lag and a number of issues. So instead of competing with their "prestige" or nostaliga, use their issues your strong points and offer players a better quality experience.

Put yourself in a new players perspective and ask yourself: Why should I play on Kronos instead of New Nost? Population? No, kronos cannot compete with Nost. Bug free? No, both servers have their issues. Blizz like? No, both servers have their changes or flaws. So the only real topics Kronos can beat Nost on is stability.

I remember arguing with Nuar that physic scream shouldn't be dispellable on Nost. I just assumed he was right, b/c he knew lots of things and it was dispellable on Nost. I feel vindicated now.

The Silver Bullet

After reading the 10+ pages of suggestions, and taking the preliminary results from the player-based poll, I would support the idea that a merge may solve the existing population dis-balance issue, even with a potential exodus caused by Elysium's refurbishing of Nostalrius core and player-base. It could be implemented as follows:

• Open free-willing transfers from K1 to K2 limiting the character items/gold to K2 current progression. This could be considered letting the realm's players to collectively decide through an official online/in-game poll. If the majority of K1 favors this approach, it may displease some K1 players, but the common denominator between K1 and K2 should prevail.
  • Delay the merge until both K1 and K2 are in their last phase of progression. In this scenario, modifying the originally planned progression schedule either on K1, K2, or both realms, could be evaluated to catalyze the process. Again, official polls could be useful to know what the players actually prefer to do.
In case a merge is out of the table, implementing cross-realm battlegrounds would be a good alternative to sustain K1 PvP demands until a merge becomes feasible, or the population dis-balance issues are no longer there.

In either case, I also think making viable and advertising a progress through expansions scheme would be a good feature to attract new comers and retain part of the old Nostalrius player-base. After all, Twinstar already maintains realms of TBC, WoTLK, and CATA expansions.

Last edited:
First of all, creating a second server (kronos 2) was the worst decision the Twinstar team made. They did that it seems in panic mode to responds to the queue players were experiencing on K1. But they forgot that the hype after that other project closed would decrease over time. Now they created a much worse issue: Kronos1 becoming a ghost server, K2 being a totally fine server, population wise. I would say both population on the same server, as their current state are, would be more than fine with no queue on a single server.

The other project had 10k players online at some time of the day (which was insane) but there was still no queue (even tho it was hard to quests, but at least the enviromnent felt alive). What Kronos team should had done was to fix server population capacity on K1 on the first place. Ofc, everybody want to start fresh if they have to start fresh (why creating a lvl 1 on a one year old server when they can do it on a brand new one and racing to lvl 60 with the mass).

that other project resurrecting is also going to the wrong direction. They going to offer a fresh start server, which means the old players (after 7 months of inactivity) will start fresh, new players who heard about the hype who were not playing during the time that project was running will start on the new server, therefore the old servers will become ghost servers. Exactly like K1.

I honestly do not understand DEVS and chiefs projects to always go to that way (new server). it's like they cant think that ALL players will want to start a new char on a new server. It was that way on retail, it is the case on current privates projects and it WILL be the case on new project.

Conclusion : merge is the only solution, (im currently a K2 player) but for sure it will pissed many K2 player).

I got a lvl 52 warrior on K1, but after i saw how death it became after my long break, I started a new warrior on K2 (lvl 35) so i know the issues from both servers perspectives...

and understand this: there is absolutely no fun at all to play a MMORPG where there is barely any players online at the same time as you, at your level range.

Questing in Searing Gorge and you are only 2 alliance players there, is bad. Stormwind city with only 15 players online is bad and it feels bad. I rather have 100+ online in a zone, than only 2. At least, it really feels like a MMORPG.

Last edited:
K1 to K2 is a really stupid idea for so many reasons. Not least that many of the K2 players are about to leave so it won't even matter that they have more players at the moment.

I know it's a huge decision for Kronos, but they have to merge. It's that simple. Some are going to leave anyway, but if they get it done before the other server gets up and running they will retain a lot more players. It could, in fact, take the wind out of the sails of the other place if they do it right. If they wait until after they will be left with two low pop servers and the nightmare of trying to entice people back with desperate things like x7 events.

If I was on K2 I'd be excited about all the new raids I could now run and wouldn't leave. Kronos could even rerun the AQ opening event just for the K2 guys. Maybe give recognition for the first K2 guild to down C'thun. Things like that.

K1 to K2 is a really stupid idea for so many reasons. Not least that many of the K2 players are about to leave so it won't even matter that they have more players at the moment.

I know it's a huge decision for Kronos, but they have to merge. It's that simple. Some are going to leave anyway, but if they get it done before the other server gets up and running they will retain a lot more players. It could, in fact, take the wind out of the sails of the other place if they do it right. If they wait until after they will be left with two low pop servers and the nightmare of trying to entice people back with desperate things like x7 events.

If I was on K2 I'd be excited about all the new raids I could now run and wouldn't leave. Kronos could even rerun the AQ opening event just for the K2 guys. Maybe give recognition for the first K2 guild to down C'thun. Things like that.

I think that would be a good idea Slippy to rerun AQ event.

I am one of the player who first decided to start playing on Nost when it released back in february 2014. Only reason i never tried Kronos before Nost shut down was because apparently, population was low for us, North American players. When Nost closed, I looked for a new server with nice population, ofc the other quality project was Kronos. So I bought a lvl 52 warrior on the auction house with stars, didn't really played because I was busy trying hard on Hearthstone to reach legend.

Then when I wanted to start again, Kronos 2 was on, and Kronos 1 plpulation was so low, it really turned me off by ALOT. So again, I started from scratched on K2 because population was there and it was feeling alive.

At the end, I'm the vanilla player who just want to play on the most populated server. If it's Kronos, I'll stay. If it's the old PVP server from Nost, I will resume with my old character there. If it's their stupid fresh new pvp server, I ''may'' start there also, but only if Kronos 2 population get down to a too much low level for my own taste.

I'm not lying there. I'm telling you my goals and decision process. I'm not a diehard fan of anyone of both project. I just want a fun and nice vanilla experience, and I want it with an interesting population so I don't feel lonely when I'm solo questing in a specific zone. And I don't want to wait 1 hour in order to run a 5 man dungeon, pre-lvl 60 (such as Uldaman, RFK, Sunken Temple to name a few).

And I'm sure many more players are having similar feelings toward this. They going to play where the population is. No matter the server name is Nost or Kronos. Because at the end, the quality of the script are similar. So what will matter the most will be the population. it's a MMORPG for christ sake.

Oh and I forgot, ping. I'm from Canada. Average ping here is between 175 and 250 which is meh but at an acceptable level (I'm more focused on PVE than PVP anyways). On old Nost, it was averaging 85 which was great. Do not overlook this for us NA players.

thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Top Bottom