• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

I was going to comment but you stole my words Sarei. I fully agree with you.

Edit: take this little childish "drama" between perpxgodx, Novakayne and Ahlaundoh elsewhere.

Fully agree with nedstark and Sarei ....
More time when you wait for to do something is more players who left ...

Why didn't nostalrius team up with the Kronos team!? :sad:

OT: A merge need to happend for the future of this project. Not in a month or two. It need to happend in the next couple of days. I'm a K2 player.

Why didn't nostalrius team up with the Kronos team!? :sad:

OT: A merge need to happend for the future of this project. Not in a month or two. It need to happend in the next couple of days. I'm a K2 player.
I agree

-K2 player too

A merge is mandatory like many says, but im also unsure on the right process. We cannot limit K1 items or progress, that would be a non sense. I do think that bringing the whole population from K2 to K1 would be the best way. Those who are lvling prior to lvl 60 wont care much. Not everybody wants to be the first raid group to kill X boss. Most aren't tryhard hardcore player who runs after after that kind of achievement.

what I enjoyed the most was leveling from 1 to 60, by running all those 5 men dungeons, then at lvl 60, running Strat, UBRS, scholo and such places for months. Then grinding BG honors for months as well. Then rerolling a new character from lvl 1 for the fun of trying out a new classe.

Player like me, is probably a good example of a majority of casual players. I couldnt care less of the AQ releasing State. As long as population is high enough that I can find the group i need for running that X dungeon, that population is high enough that I can live world PVP at a reasonable state, that it is high enough that i can find what i need on AH at a reasonable price, and also high enough that I can sell the items and materials I find and gather. That's all I care really. and im sure most casual players have the same opinions than I do.

As long as we dont feel lonely questing, looting dungeons, and etc. We will all be fine.

This I, leveled 2 toons recently to around 20 Couldn't even find a group for deadmines.

If they merged, things could turn out great for Kronos. The other server is getting huge hype. So much so that I will be amazed if they can keep it up for long. If the old Nost had lag problems with full staff I'd hate to see what this, seemingly bigger one will be like. A merged Kronos population would be just about right since they got rid of most of the Chinese + some players will be departing on the hype train anyway.

Merging 2 servers is a delicate and risky operation and especially in terms of "PR" consequences.

This could be interpreted by the vanilla community as "we are dying, merging our 2 servers is our last hope for survival". With such a message, players are unlikely to be attracted again.

Maybe if you quit discarding pathing as a huge issue on Kronos they'll fix it.
Or you can continue your blissful ignorance.

Am I really discarding that pathing is a huge issue? Where can you read that? I don't need to watch his pet clip, I've seen how horrible Kronos pathing can be countless times over the past year and a half. A fix was never attempted despite multiple issues on the tracker and complaints, which is why I gave up even thinking about it as something that might ever change and just accepted it.

The sentence that you quoted was acknowledging it as an issue and asking you to list more issues since you keep saying how Kronos scripting is horrible etc. etc. So I asked... Yes, pathing sucks, but what else is so horrible and beyond repair? You tried listing a few other things but almost all of them were refuted.

Last edited:
So your gonna post a twin emps clip which was never even released on nost and call kronos scripting trash? Kronos aint perfect bro but that clipping glitch on twin emps happens on a LOT of private servers.

I love people who white knight nost, yet all the stories I've heard of teebu's and alcor sunrazors being looted by the dozens out of lockboxes in brd. Or the fact that rend had a 100% drop rate on dal rends or warlocks having to use reign of fire after every summon to avoid animation bug. Honestly at this point bro I hope you guys go to nost 2.0 so you can finally realize all private servers have problems. Sitting here and just shitting on kronos 24/7 instead of actually posting constructive feedback isnt getting you anywhere.

So your gonna post a twin emps clip which was never even released on nost and call kronos scripting trash? Kronos aint perfect bro but that clipping glitch on twin emps happens on a LOT of private servers.

I love people who white knight nost, yet all the stories I've heard of teebu's and alcor sunrazors being looted by the dozens out of lockboxes in brd. Or the fact that rend had a 100% drop rate on dal rends or warlocks having to use reign of fire after every summon to avoid animation bug. Honestly at this point bro I hope you guys go to nost 2.0 so you can finally realize all private servers have problems. Sitting here and just shitting on kronos 24/7 instead of actually posting constructive feedback isnt getting you anywhere.

Yes, that is actually very true! The thing that made nost somehow outstanding was that they somehow managed to have this HUGE population, which gives the game a very different feeling. But besides that it had the same pros and cons as you have already pointed out.

I hate this dumb server.
so leave without a fuss then? why make your feelings known? because you want the staff and devs who have spent countless hours of work on this server to feel bad about their work? or the fact you could do 10x better in your sleep? or maybe because your gods of nost admin team have now divided the Vanilla community more than it has ever been before, how about you just leave without a post without any form of notice for everyone else as frankly i don't care what you think i enjoy kronos i have characters and friends here so i'm staying. your just jumping on the hype-train and if that crashes your gonna look like a bigger moron then you do now, now if the nost hype train doesn't crash i wish you the best of luck on your new server with "flawless quality scripts" that all the players whine about but simple fact is the thing that made nost such a "great" place was the community not the scripting or team behind it. same with kronos i have a lot of friends here that is why i enjoy kronos and that is why i'm willing to overlook the many flaws kronos has. overall i was pro x7 as it would have meant a lot of people could have reached 60 the people who couldn't because of real life or their lack of time to spend playing the game it would have allowed them to reach the point were a lot of people have the most fun in vanilla.

Last edited:
I play on K1 and I'm leaveling thru my mid-30's atm, sometimes I'm the only person in a zone, n forget about elite quests, it feels quite dead. Please Merge the servers or I'm sure a lot of ppl in my situation will head to Nost2.0 when it goes live.

I think all of the people who were really wanting to stay and play Kronos, have been turned off by the fact that the GMs said that the chances of a merge happening are basically non-existent. Top it off with the fact that Naxx seems to be a solid 4-6 months out, and that battlegrounds are a thing of the past.. there's nothing even left to do on K1 except level more alts... except that the server is so dead people can't even run 5-mans while leveling. So people just buy alts for dirt cheap on the twinstar site, or with real cash, and have them geared up in 2 weeks.

The launch of K2 was the single biggest mistake that the Kronos Devs ever made. They should have raised the population cap and purchased better hardware.

I smell an announcement at Sunday. A week should be enough to make a decision. I don't know what the decision shall look like, but I have faith in Kronos admins.

Kronos is dying even tho it has more guilds raiding now than it had for 90% of the servers lifetime. #logic

A lot of things have already been said, but mostly from Kronos 1 perspective.
So here some thoughts from a Kronos 2 player and why i think that a merge is the best thing that could happen. To both Kronos 1 and 2.

Many core players on Kronos 2 started after the Nost shutdown and therefore have to face the question whether they want to stay or return.
Keeping players that already decided to leave will be difficult (and there are quite a few), so i feel those who havent decided yet should be given a good reason to stay.
People that played on Nost before basically have farmed MC and BWL for the last 1.5 years now and long for new content - and those who started "fresh" got to farm it for a few month now aswell .. and will continue to do so a few more month since the War Effort simply takes time.

Rather then competeting with other vanilla projects by offering the exact same experience, you should focus to attract people with something different, something that most people playing on vanilla servers ultimately wanna see - Naxxramas.

My recommendation would be the following :

Start the War Effort on K2 one week after ZG release and make sure it can be finished within a reasonable time (like 8 weeks at most).
The top guilds will most likely clear AQ on their first ID, but others should have the opportunity to progress through the content at their own pace aswell.
In addition this will give top guilds an opportunity to close the gear gap between K1 and 2 players a bit.
After like 6-8 weeks (depending on current guild progress) a merge should take place and then ultimately Naxx launched as soon as it is polished enough.

Merging the servers right away would undermine the whole concept of a progressive server for everyone on Kronos 2 and thus simply isnt a good idea.

Finally, if there is one thing that sets vanilla apart from any other expansion it is World PvP - and that requires a healthy playerbase to be attractive for people.
Generally spoken, almost every aspect of the game benefits from more players on the server.
So having the population divided into two seperate ones is already a problem and will become even more of an issue in the future. Not to mention that population is the main factor for new people to join an existing server.

tl;dr: K2 players get plenty of new content to stay motivated and K1 gets to play on Naxx as soon as it is ready to get released (are 4 month even realistic in terms of development?) - and all that on a healthy populated, united new Kronos server.

Kronos 1 barely has enough players to get one AV game to pop this AV weekend. At times, the games haven't been popping or they've had only 20-25 players in them. Nost isn't even out yet. I can't imagine how much worse the situation will be on the next AV weekend...

Well that's a bummer. Was really hoping for a merge, since I'm kinda attached to my hunter. Maybe allow K1 chars to transfer to K2 minus all the AQ patch gear or so, I don't know. Otherwise a lot of players, including me, will start anew on the fresh Elysium server. :mellow:

My thoughts.. Stop ALL development on Naxxramas and focus entirely on keeping Kronos I alive, right now keeping raid guilds going are a pain, simply due to lack of players.
There is no point to release Naxx if the server is devoid of players.
If K1 is allowed to die off, all the players that were there will flock to other projects because Twinstar let it die off, and people will simply not want to invest time and effort into another server under Twinstar management.
There is a very real danger that people will start mass migrating soon to Elysium unless decisive action is done.

Spam more on every media about attracting players, and Merge the two realms ASAP, that has GOT to be the primary focus... Kronos is running out.

Kronos has an awesome opportunity. This is why we keep posting in the thread hoping they will see sense. I don't even think all the guilds on K2 planning to leave, would leave, if they got all the K1 content. These guilds have been farming ZG, MC and BWL, on two servers, for over a year now. By the time they'd finish farming AQ, Naxx would be right on the doorstep. The timing is perfect. The merge also means all new blood on the server is concentrated in one place. It's win win.

Pulling all the GMs and devs from K1 to work on TBC content was a mistake. With only lightsky to fix whatever problem we have, we feel abandoned. The population is dropping quickly. People have shit to do other then raid, most have resorted to raid logging and it is harder and harder for guilds to recruit from a nonexistant player base. In the past 6 weeks 5 NA guilds have died, there's like 4 left. The announcement that servers wont be merged was a huge blow as well, people are dropping off like flies knowing that K1 is headed for certain death. The lag is also worse then every with fewer people then ever...how does that even happen?

As others have mentioned, opening K2 was the biggest mistake the devs could have possibly made. The private server vanilla scene has been out for years and years now, there is failed server after failed server. No one gives a shit about MC, BWL, and ZG because most people have done it hundreds of times on different servers. People would have stayed on K1, caught up on gear rather quickly, and been doing aq40 with the rest of us.

The reason that I and many other play on this server is the scripting, its excellent. And I was hoping that the excellent scripting so far would lead to a solid Naxx experience. Naxx is the only reason I play on a private vanilla server. And with the way things are going now, there is no way in hell that K1 will exist until Naxx opens up, and if it does, there wont be enough people to recruit from to keep guilds progressing and raiding through it with standard player attrition going on.

Kronos has been grossly mismanaged, a multitude of bad decisions have been made and its going to lead to the death of K1. If K1 dies I am not taking my chances on K2. First I don't want to start over, and wait even more time to clear Naxx, and second the trust would be gone if 1 server had already failed due to gross mismanagement. Only a fool would waste their time on a proven loser. Ares the TBC server would also be out of the question for the same reason.

-Bring back the devs and GMs and fix the problems with pvp, loot issues, bugs, fix the lag, etc..
-Merge both servers ASAP, fuck ZG, fuck the war effort, fuck world dragons. People will catch up, those that stay.
-Make another 7x event that coincides with the exact date that the new nost opens up, kill them before they are a threat.
-Give us Naxx updates and ptr access, do not leave us in the dark like you guys did with AQ.
-Confirm if kronos will progress to TBC and we can keep our characters going into the new Ares project or not.

If nothing else, just merge the 2 servers.

-Confirm if kronos will progress to TBC and we can keep our characters going into the new Ares project or not.

I asked this question to the team when they had their Q&A, the answer was NO, you will not be able to move characters over to Ares, because the team on Ares is seperate from Kronos and they normally do not interract. Also, Ares is (was) a boosted xp rate and that somehow would make a difference...

So you would have to wait for KronosTBC instead, now obviously there is absolutely 0 information about "KronosTBC", if they would even exchange code or whatever.

Pretty braindead if you ask me.

Top Bottom