• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos II - Battleground Changes

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Kronos II,

due to the current PvP situation, we are obliged to make some necessary changes, which are going to be applied with next update.

They are the following:

Fixed Warsong Gulch bonus honor points during holiday:
* both teams receive additional 594 honor points for participating
* winning team receives additional 396 honor points

Losing Alterac Valley under 20 minutes will not award any mark to the losing team, hoping this will make the losing team play and not give in an easy win. Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch are no longer time limited.

Killing Lieutenants, Commanders and/or Captain in Alterac Valley will yield honor points only during Alterac Valley holiday.

We’ve received a lot of complaints about players using this particular method to farm honor points in each game and then giving free victory for the opposing team. Therefore, to get this unintended behavior solved, we’re willing to take this action in order to get PvP situation back in order.

Project Leader Chero

Thank you staff for these much needed changes. It's unfortunate that it took this long to change, but better late than never.

Gives me renewed faith in this server to see the staff make necessary changes for PvP to be as healthy as possible.

Now if only there was deserter for dropping queue (dodging)... :D

kinda unfair for the other half of the server who aint rank 14 for free tho... : /

Please, please, pretty please remove pre-mades. they ruin pvp more than anything!! bg pug is what makes it fun!

inb4 everyone complains about no proper pvp in wsg because its always being dodged/traded. and the amount of ppl pvp'ing are being halfed.

Killing Lieutenants, Commanders and/or Captain in Alterac Valley will yield honor points only during Alterac Valley holiday.
while the other changes sound OK, this seems to be too much

changes were neccessery, not sure if this are the right solutions tho

The real reason I don't queue WSG is because the pet pathing is horrendous, how about fixing that too. Oh and the stumps blocking line of sight. Too many frustrating bugs to be enjoyable.

Last edited:
We’ve received a lot of complaints about players using this particular method to farm honor points in each game and then giving free victory for the opposing team. Therefore, to get this unintended behavior solved, we’re willing to take this action in order to get PvP situation back in order.

Isn't the unintended behaviour in AV Alliance premades rushing Drekthar and ignoring towers/lieutenants? Shouldn't something have been done about this instead of punishing pugs matched against them?

Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch are no longer time limited.
Badge-wise? So people's gonna get a mark for losing no matter how fast? Or I'm getting it wrong?
Now if only there was deserter for dropping queue (dodging)... :D
This, please, it's very important. Basically, now we'll go back to the same problems we had before AV-mania, so it's time to solve them too.

But huge thanks for what you're doing now!

LoS on stumps is one of the best.

Sure, if you have low ping its good. For anyone else its annoying some guy casting instant casts on you while you can't cast them back because of lag. Regardless, its not blizzlike and therefor a bug.

Blizz had designed original wow to be playable on 300-400ms. Having people pillar hump on 20ms against others on higher MS is a cheap advantage. Thats why and by design blizz had it so you could cast through objects.

Last edited:
The really bad thing about this is that the change happened mid week, didnt they think this trough?

Sure, if you have low ping its good. For anyone else its annoying some guy casting instant casts on you while you can't cast them back because of lag. Regardless, its not blizzlike and therefor a bug.

Blizz had designed original wow to be playable on 300-400ms. Having people pillar hump on 20ms against others on higher MS is a cheap advantage. Thats why and by design blizz had it so you could cast through objects.

I play with above 200 ping and i would be much worse off without being able to LoS. It is a new skill to be learned, use it to your advantage.

If its scripted that way it isnt a bug.
I Like it, mages casting throough them while melee had to Run around them is pretty sad, and i dont even Have a melee char.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PLK-L01 met Tapatalk

for clarification, are these changes only live on k2?

AV isn't really played outside weekend so i guess it doesn't matter that much but the WSG honour change isnt irrelevant

Top Bottom