• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos II

Anyone waiting till the new sever to start a toon?

- - - Updated - - -

No, i didnt meant that all characters should be moved on the new server, only those who want to transfer, an optional transfer :smile:

Simply you do not grasp what a fresh-start server is about. Everyone starts at lvl 1. That's it. There is nothing more to it.

That's either what someone wants, or they don't go there.

Is there any chance that you change your mind about PvP realm? Not that I want PvE tough. I just want to be sure you won't change your mind because of all that complaining mostly on fb and here about two PvP realms.

I don't think they will. The reason for the Kronos 2 was to get starters and new players to play there to get the population of Kronos 1 down. If K2 was as PvE server not so many players would consider moving or rolling there. So the original server could end up still having a population that is too high.

As a refugee that came her from Nost, my friends and I had to begin by leveling from nothing all the way to where we are now which is about level 25, Kronos 2 will be ideal for us to start out on an even playing field along with everyone else.

What we DON'T look forwards to is:

- having to do the leveling again from the start
- have leveling zones extremely overpopulated to the point where that zone experiences lag, have players fighting to kill mobs in a twisted questing competition that often relies on luck hoping that a mob spawns near you and that you can tag it before someone else. It makes leveling four times as long to do
- the fact that K1 had que times tipping the scales over 3000 players at some times means that K2 will be instantly max populated if a lot of people go over
- The fact that K2 is going pvp again means that players like me and my friends have to look forwards to level 60 gankers ganking us in low level questing areas making leveling a frustrating experience at some times. We would have like a PVE server instead.
- we will have to find a new NA raiding guild again. The fact that we are playing on a Euro sever as North Americans isn't all that bad since we all still have a green ping. That said, most players are Europeans and finding a good NA raid guild can be a bit challenging since our options are definitely narrowed.

so those are the drawbacks for people like me. The one major positive aspect for us is being on an even slate with the rest of the server. That is the one big plus. It would have been nice if it was a PVE server, but that's ok, we can survive it for the fun of raiding!

Last edited:
As a refugee that came her from Nost, my friends and I had to begin by leveling from nothing all the way to where we are now which is about level 25, Kronos 2 will be ideal for us to start out on an even playing field along with everyone else.

What we DON'T look forwards to is:

-1 having to do the leveling again from the start
- 2 have leveling zones extremely overpopulated to the point where that zone experiences lag, have players fighting to kill mobs in a twisted questing competition that often relies on luck hoping that a mob spawns near you and that you can tag it before someone else. It makes leveling four times as long to do
-3 the fact that K1 had que times tipping the scales over 3000 players at some times means that K2 will be instantly max populated if a lot of people go over
- 4 The fact that K2 is going pvp again means that players like me and my friends have to look forwards to level 60 gankers ganking us in low level questing areas making leveling a frustrating experience at some times. We would have like a PVE server instead.
-5 we will have to find a new NA raiding guild again. The fact that we are playing on a Euro sever as North Americans isn't all that bad since we all still have a green ping. That said, most players are Europeans and finding a good NA raid guild can be a bit challenging since our options are definitely narrowed.

1) Yeah, some people don't like leveling... however that comes with a "fresh start" server so nothing can be done about that.

2) All classic servers are experiencing over population in the early zones because there is 150k active players from N0st trying out all the classic servers. So regardless of where you guys go to play, over population in levels 1-30 is going to be a problem, not just Kronos.

3) They haven't mentioned caps yet as far as I know, but many of the N0st reroll players on Kronos1 are NOT going to be rolling on Kronos 2 because they feel like the 2 weeks they invested in leveling so far is too much of a time sink for the following months they'll be on the server. See how many people complaining about wanting transfers when they're only level 30 lol? I don't think the new server is going to be instantly queue capped, but who knows.

4) Since this is a fresh server without level 60s, you guys won't be getting ganked or griefed by 60s.... because, there is none. Everytime you enter a new zone, the majority of the enemy faction in that zone is going to within the level range of you and the quests there. Maybe if you guys only play like an hour a day, and it takes you a few months to get 60, you may run into that problem in the 40s... but there won't be any geared 60s ganking lowbies anytime soon on Kronos 2 because they are not going to exist for a while.

5) Pre-N0st shutdown Kronos was mostly Euro server, back when there was only a few hundred people online between 8pm-4am EST. However that is absolutely not the case since N0st shutdown. I'd guess a good 80% or more of the total population on Kronos now is from N0st rerolls, and the majority of that is NA. Considering the majority of the people rerolling on Kronos2 are going to be N0st rerolls, then chances are Kronos2 will be an NA heavy server, at the very least itll be equal to euro.

So out of your drawbacks the only real "drawback" I see is for people who simply don't enjoy leveling. Personally I like the world PvP while leveling... especially when the enemy faction players are in the same shitty green/blue quest gear that I am in lol. I think leveling 1-60 on Kronos2 will be super fun, and the first month or 2 of BGs @ 60 will be even more fun. No Ashkandis, Zinrohks and Perds shitting on everyone. We will all be in crappy greens/blues like a bunch of scrappers.

Gona be gud.

Last edited:
Personally I like the world PvP while leveling... especially when the enemy faction players are in the same shitty green/blue quest gear that I am in lol. I think leveling 1-60 on Kronos2 will be super fun, and the first month or 2 of BGs @ 60 will be even more fun. No Ashkandis, Zinrohks and Perds shitting on everyone. We will all be in crappy greens/blues like a bunch of scrappers.

Gona be gud.

Exactly this.

I'm from new zealand and my ping to server is around 320 on average. I'm very keen to experience vanilla again.

I want to know, can I use a service to reduce my ping. The idea of trying to compete to tag mobs with everyone else who isn't on 300+ ping is depressing haha.

As I've never been on Twinstar's servers I was wondering how late Kronos II is going to launch tomorrow.
I would assume it's at the same time as normal server restarts or patch days, but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Meeee! But i'm not going to play this wednesday since the server will be crowded. Going to wait untill next week when it's cooled down.

I'm very happy to see a fresh server start! Thank you, Kronos staff for that. I only started playing here for a few days, so I will just wait until Kronos II starts. Keep up the good work! :)

I'm from new zealand and my ping to server is around 320 on average. I'm very keen to experience vanilla again.

I want to know, can I use a service to reduce my ping. The idea of trying to compete to tag mobs with everyone else who isn't on 300+ ping is depressing haha.

I know your pain from when I've played a japanese mmo. There are some programs around that claim they can improve latency but I'd take that with a grain of salt. Seeing that you're basically from the other end of the world, you'll be going through alot of network hubs and that's where the latency accumulates. Some programs like WTFast can be able to reduce the amount of hubs you're going through, but it will probably still be alot. I tried some of these programs but they didn't really improve general latency, only thing they did was getting rid of latency-freezes.

In most cases your only (unrealistic) option is to move physically.

Btw if it helps, I'm from southern germany (so literally sitting next to the server) but even then the best I've ever got was around 60-80ms.

Last edited by a moderator:
46 ms here from Belgium, you need a new provider.

Considering that the duration of a blink is on average 100-150 milliseconds internet is ridiculously fast.

Troll.....Its not about growing a pair when your constantly being ganked by lvl skull players. to many players WPvP is not a part of the game, PvE players love vanilla just as much as pvp players. And I too hate what retail turned into.

I have a lot of sympathy. However, feeling like a little bitch and getting ganked is an important part of the experience. This is what makes the world feel brutal. By going PvE, you can't be attacked by people you own level. It needs to feel like a war, you need to feel like you can die at any moment. This is why getting that extra level is all the more important, it puts you at an advantage. I will be ganked plenty, we all will. Embrace it. This is the World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah its weird. during the day there is massive queue but past like 6 pm est theres no queue at all

Kungen had a live stream on yesterday with 10,000 players from 5pm. Most people are waiting for the new server as any leveling on KSI is a waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yea, let's pit AQ40/r10+ premades against a new server. Outstanding idea, really. Tons of thought put into this suggestion here. A+. 5 Stars. Would read and request other suggestions in the future.

Dude, sarcasm destroys communities. Please be nice. We all love Vanilla and some people are just sad about having to re-roll. Everyone needs to understand that there are negatives to a PvP new server, but the pluses it will bring definitely outweigh those. Look forward to playing with all of you on KSII.

Haha I know the pain! Hello fellow kiwi!

I have a lot of sympathy. However, feeling like a little bitch and getting ganked is an important part of the experience. This is what makes the world feel brutal. By going PvE, you can't be attacked by people you own level. It needs to feel like a war, you need to feel like you can die at any moment. This is why getting that extra level is all the more important, it puts you at an advantage. I will be ganked plenty, we all will. Embrace it. This is the World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

That little bitch feeling you like is only part of PvP servers. It's a matter of taste, lotsa PvE people from nost and lotsa new people would prefer PvE. I was just hoping the new server would be PvE.

To be fair, the reasoning behind choosing PvP over PvE is to attract more people in an attempt to find a more even population balance. Nostalrius' PvE server had approximately 1400-2000 people on at any given time, depending on the day of week, etc. The Nost PvP server had a good 5000-8000. Now I'm not sure if this is because the PvE server was released after the PvP server, and a lot of people just didn't want to re-roll, but it's possible and probable that PvP is in higher demand.

So as much as I would like to see a PvE server, I can fully understand why the Kronos team chose to make it PvP, and since everyone starts at level 1, and there won't be any twinked *****s killing lowbies, then I don't mind it being PvP because I feel I have an equal standing.

I do, however, want to voice what others have said about increasing the respawn times of mobs. The constant swarm of people trying to quest makes things very undesirable. If you increase the respawn times of mobs, it'll reduce the bottleneck effect and thin out the demand in certain zones faster.

:smile:

can we say it is less than 24 hours away now?

Time to board the hype train?

B9-WSTpIQAAkfiq.jpg

After I quit playing on Kronos after a year because of the queue (60 is retired and on another account) maybe I give Kronos 2 another chance. Leveling up to 60 with all the other players surely will be a lot of fun. And it's also nice that I don't get rekt by overgeared players for a change :)

What time on Wednesday does it open?

How many realms are currently active? Is there only Kronos? And does Kronos II come out today?

<Mandatory Hype Train.gif>

giphy.gif

Last edited:
people should understand that you cant migrated characters to a new server. the purpose is to get the newer people off the 1 and balance the 2. Also a time of release on wed would be great.

people should understand that you cant migrated characters to a new server. the purpose is to get the newer people off the 1 and balance the 2. Also a time of release on wed would be great.

I would believe the new server releases at 6:00 PDT.
I think.

8afb5ffd4be5e4dd96fd9f706ae40f56.png

Unless that's just an automatic blizzard message installed into the game.

Kronos II is PVP and will be fresh, if you dont want to reroll or play on a pvp server then stay on kronos I. Pretty simple

Top Bottom