• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos II

DDOS from blizzastards or angry player that got banned for being a **** person probably... hope their PC gets a terminal disease...

4 possible sources that have motives:
- disappointed player, taking revenge, usually limited resources
- disappointed other vanilla private servers jealous of Kronos, usually limited resources
- disappointed gold farmers, taking revenge, can last longer and engages admin to be able to sell gold as a business proposition (allow us this many accounts OR)
- disappointed Blizzard after having their cease and desist letters used as toilet paper for too many times. they can purchase DDOS anonymously and this can last indefinitely and is not open for negotiation by an admin. Made worse by the warcraft movie and Legion timing. A lot will rest on the talks between Nostalrius team and Blizzard HQ.

Admin knows the answer. Because the first 2 can be ruled out after a while, and Blizzard would never go on record anywhere saying "Do what we want OR". It would completely destroy their legal position.

The notion that professional hackers would keep Twinstar offline permanently has merit. But it does not explain motive. And somebody has a motive to attack the Kronos project.

Anyone heard from the admins as to what they can do to fix the problem and when it'll be implemented?

Edit:
As someone else said, do want to thank the admins for the awesome server. So excited to be able to play pre BC, many thanks to the admins :smile:

Last edited:
I don't think Blizzard would go down the road of ddos. The gold farmers have the more immediate motives of blackmailing to get some accounts and make their money.

Ty for this good servers and the good work!!.

If problem are gold sellers remember this day. Let´s make know gold buyers that we dont like gold sellers and gold buyers. And never buy gold.

Cheers.

well, if it's restricted to static IP, then at least some of us could play. And the rest would have a simple solution - get yourself your own IP

What if you had to log in on the forums first and only that IP address you are using right then will be whitelisted for the server?

EDIT: And of course next time you log in to the forums it will get your present IP and whitelist that over the old one.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason or motivation for this Lizard Squad to have anything to do with our Kronos being down

Maybe... Or maybe that's what they WANT you to think!... Or maybe they want you to THINK that that's what they want you to think!!... or maybe you... are a liz-... I mean darn those gold farmers DDOSing Kronos!

Why only attacking the vanilla severs and not the other ones? :blink:

Exactly. This server is such a blip in the radar even for the chinese gold farmers let alone anything bigger.

Also the strategy to instantly bombard the server with DDoS, instead of silently waiting until there are more committed players and so more leverage to work with, makes no sense to me. I don't think its the gold farmers. No one would be stupid enough to first lose hundreds of hours of work and then throw even more money away at something that's not going to work ~100% of the time.

Can't be that stupid can they? Or maybe it's just a revenge.

Chinese people........ To all you gold buyers.. Thanks for this DDOS attacks.. If u werent buying chinese shitt services they wouldnt eaven ddoos the server..

Top Bottom