• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos II

I just find it laughable how people are treating a WoW server like the french revolution. If only people gave half as much of a sh*t about real issues.

The sad thing is that the Kronos ISP has probably had enough with the DDOS.

The DDOS might have stopped, but the ISP keep the ip's nullrouted (blocked) to save themselves and other customers.

I had this problem when hosting a ARK server. It became very popular, and at one point was the biggest server in EU.

Some ***** started ddosing and my ISP nullrouted my IP address. The ISP would some times check if the ddos was still in effect, only opening my IP once per day.

Every time the ISP did a check, the attack was gone, but started again shortly after the server was online again.

Now the attacker only had to DDOS for about 10 min, until my ISP shut down my connection again.

The connection would be shut down for over a day, until the ISP decided to check again.

The connection was opened, but shortly after, the attack was back. ISP then shut down my connection again.

This went on for a few days, until i moved my server to OVH hosting (with DDOS protection).

Sadly, it was to late, and the playerbase had moved to a different server.

TL;DR

The attack might be over, but ISP is protecting their network, keeping the Kronos gameserver IP nullrouted.

I can imagine the ISP had enough of this ddos, and only checks if the attack is over once a day.

I'm picturing blizzard with a handful of chains, holding back a pack of blood-thirsty, ravenous, drooling lawyers. On one hand, I'm just hoping they'll never let them go. But on the other hand I'm thinking... "what are they waiting for?"

Edit: I didn't realize they were under attack until I posted this... Maybe blizzard intends to prevent bad pr this time by secretly crippling the server instead of doing it legally and publicly?

Last edited:
They have cloudflare, cloudflare is what is blocking the name resolution. If cloudflare doesn't have a 'live' server to connect to or detects what IS CONFIGURED as DDoS traffic, it doesn't go through. Seems like cloudflare would block ALL your WoW traffic though to me. Wonder why they chose that.

Also strikes me as odd that twinstar moved their login server around the same time.

I'm picturing blizzard with a handful of chains, holding back a pack of blood-thirsty, ravenous, drooling lawyers. On one hand, I'm just hoping they'll never let them go. But on the other hand I'm thinking... "what are they waiting for?"

Edit: I didn't realize they were under attack until I posted this... Maybe blizzard intends to prevent bad pr this time by secretly crippling the server instead of doing it legally and publicly?

Kronos Servers are located in sweden, the safe haven for Internet piracy.

They won't bend over because they get a letter from some american lawyer. Blizzard would have to get the american government to contact the swedish government in a matter of international affairs, and that won't happen over 2 servers which make it possible to play a 10 year old computer game that could be regarded as abandon ware.

That's the reason why I'm not entirely dismissing the idea of Blizzard or some hired henchmen being behind the ddos harrasing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playtbc got fucked up so I am so happy that you are releasing a new server for me to join. It is not tbc but I LOVED the vanilla experience aswell so it's gonna be a lot of fun. Thanks for your effort!

Great server, I am waiting for second launch more than I was waited for official Cataclysm start.(not even talking about the next addons) So i quess it says a lot about Kronos II... Keep it up.
Jim-Hawkins-jim-hawkins-16925998-505-494.jpg

1337.jpg 1 of 1337... That is just awesome. :D

Thanks a lot for the new Kronos 2 realm. We're a little team of dedicated vanilla gamers who just started playing here, and it's really really enjoyable to be on a fresh realm!

Top Bottom