• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos III Timeline and Itemization

K3 is a server that has recieved numerous solutions over the years and countless clears of raids which means whatever exploit & bugs there could be have long been found and the game still continues to recieve solutions daily.

K3 has a more strict gated release based on gear & debuff slots along with world buffs being disabled the first month which means the first 100 clears will be even more deserving of their performance, and BG's won't be dominated by someone who rushed to the top recieving gear equal to BWL while others have MC.

Furthermore people can no-longer control multiple characters even if they where to only alt tab between them the only method would be to sit with 2 computer's however once someone suspects it and reports even if those pc's are from diff ip addresses kronos would catch the few trying to do so but this means black lotus will be even harder for a small group to hoard for themselves and depends more on luck.

there is simply so many improvements.

Ok i give you that one. i wasnt aware that you care so much for cross server competition. i always compared myself, and i assume this is what most people do, to other people on kronos as they play by the same rules.

why would i care if the best guild clears BWL in 35 or 24 minutes? if they clear it 3 days or 2 weeks after release? i will watch the video, i will probably be amazed at the level of preparation and organisation displayed. same as we all were with naxx first clears. on the other hand it does not have any impact on my ingame experience so why would i care how fast they kill or clear something??

i have been in a good enough, though less tryhard guild. we have always cleared things quick enough. i just feel like world buffs have a huge potential for frustration. if you die early in raid, if you get ganked, or sometimes if something bugs out.

as said for bad guilds its even a bigger burden as they will prepare 1.5h to have 1 fully buffed shot at a bosskill. if they fuck up the frustration is massive. and yes, bad guilds and new guilds will be more than 1 month behind in content.
The ganking can be countered by moving in groups instead of alone. While it won't stop a enemy faction squad comprised of a large number of players specifically there to stop them. Then I don't see the issue there. Dying yeah is a bummer and like others have said frustrated people will more than likely jump ship from the raid.

Ultimately I think it should be kept as is because as I already said, if top guilds are so worried about losing them they can make an active decision to skip getting the buffs

I am one more player from Kronos I+II coming back to K3.

The discussion above doesn't really concern me that much, since i am not too fond of raiding - if anything i raid only occasionally. Perhaps that will change a little this time, but normally i tend to run normal dungeons, world pvp, mostly ZG and AQ20 at max with some Bgs.
I think Blizzard should've implemented more open world raid bosses, even smaller ones, instead of locking players away in their instances.

With that said, i recently started playing on Ascension (that classless WOTLK project) which has got a surprisingly large community for a custom wow project. So i'm thinking: Why not customize further, if it's for the better?

Start with talents, item stats. Perhaps add new loot/raid bosses to the open world etc.

Anyway, happy to play on Kronos again.

Hi guys,
I'm new to Kronos and relatively new to the PServer scene. What kind of population is expected for the fresh start in March, or what's common for fresh starts in general? I assume there will be no cap, or the cap will be 10k or so...

Hi guys,
I'm new to Kronos and relatively new to the PServer scene. What kind of population is expected for the fresh start in March, or what's common for fresh starts in general? I assume there will be no cap, or the cap will be 10k or so...

No matter the population, leveling will be a struggle in the beggining. Expect standing in a circle around the quest mobs spawnpoint the first day at least :p Just try to get out of the starting area ASAP or wait a few days if you really want to do the starting quests.

I'll be returning before the nether takes me in 6-12 months or so. Wish release was a tad sooner.

Speedruns and records. For my guild in particular, the point of playing is to own the game as much as possible and to beat all competition on both this server and other servers. Disabling world buffs puts us at a great disadvantage compared to guilds from other servers. For example, we would like to do a proper world buffed Naxxramas speedrun before K1 dies, but we need world buffs for that to be competitive and in order to completely beat the competition by a large margin.

Some people here may not care about what I described, but it is very important to us. No need to even mention that it promotes Kronos and brings players to the realm when you have high performing guilds.

Do you actually believe this? The other servers are all faster than you with harder raids and less gear. They don't have broken weapons. Their bosses actually have armor and resistances. They have actual competition for world bosses. They've had no multibox rules since the beginning. Just take your manufactured Naxx win and be happy with being the "best" on Kronos.

Besides. With this delay before MC you'll be able to get everyone an ironfoe and half your members in un-nerfed PvP gear before you even set foot in a raid. How much do you have to have skewed in your favor and still lose?

World buffs bring out the absolute worse qualities of raiders and it's been a blessing not to have them for Naxx.

K3 is a server that has recieved numerous solutions over the years and countless clears of raids which means whatever exploit & bugs there could be have long been found and the game still continues to recieve solutions daily.

heheheheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Gasp...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ha

Seriously though. This decision to delay MC is going to cripple the population of K3. So many people roll new servers for the race and you just essentially killed it.

To me the race will be more interesting. On other servers its whoever gets ~35 ppl to 60 first. On K3 it will be an actual race with many guilds competing.

Seriously, the blue and in a way the epic pvp set situation need to be talked about.

You can't give access to 4 pieces of blue set for minimal effort (R8 is fucking easy to achieve on a populated server) better than anything else for most dps class untill AQ.

The epic set is an other story, in retail vanilla the 1st epic set was good for pvp, barely decent for pve, still getting to R12-R13 is time consuming and will just affect few players, for a well deserved set.

Use the lvl 58 pvp set for the start please, be consistent. It's not that hard to set in place...

To go into more detail on Brochettes post, the warrior r8 2pc set is bis until AQ for fury. Specifically the legs + chest beats anything else with the exception of the epic pvp set. The legs + shoulders is also bis although it requires a higher rank. I'm not totally against that myself but that should be taken into account when deciding what pvp gear to go with on launch.

To me the race will be more interesting. On other servers its whoever gets ~35 ppl to 60 first. On K3 it will be an actual race with many guilds competing.

It will be a 'race' technically but if K3 actually gets some population it will just be a race to see who can get more PvP gear first. Then it will be a race to see who has a slightly better trash strategy or something. And it will just continue like that through Naxx if the server survives that far.

If you know how these nerds work then you'd know the delay is more than enough time to get the entirety of their raid in pre BiS dungeon gear and, depending on the population, a majority of them will have blue and some of them will have epic PvP gear. MC will be cleared in 35 minutes. BWL 40. AQ an hour. Naxx in 3.

Not like it matters though. More than likely the server is going to consist of Vanguard and 2 leveling guilds.

-Not sure how much PvP gear u can actually get in 2-3 weeks, but I very much doubt that every single raider will be full time PvPing to get ~r8 gear, if that's the case, I'll be quite happy cause bgs are gonna be nicu.

-U continue to describe what races are... seems u don't like them anyways?

-More race flaming.

-Do u mean at MC launch or in general?

U should cheer up, all ur posts are negative.

Suck my dick brony.

It's 2 months from release to MC. On LB they cleared MC in the second week. Original Nost was 3rd week. (Side note: This seems to back up the theory that the first group of 60's just walk in and get server first but <NOPE> wiped to garr 15 times, gave up, and lost to GRIZZLY so that's not necessarily the case). IF the server has any sort of population and you know how they use the honor system, it's not out of the bounds of reason to think the majority of their raid could get blue and some epic PvP gear by release time. (Side note 2: The majority only PvP until they have their gear so it will only last so long).

1: The race through MC is a big draw to a server. Everyone rolls fresh. This is a reason why. You put no child left behind barriers in you are going to lose a large chunk of population.
2: I enjoy the race but in a certain way. Having arbitrary delays so everyone can get full BiS to stroll in and destroy the next raid is not that way.
3: I'm not flaming the race. I'm flaming how Kronos keeps insisting on doing the race. Big difference.

Hmm do we have the exact date of mc release? Yea it's May but beginning middle or end? If it's at the start u only have April to level, and with 7-9 days played to 60, u'd have around 2-3 weeks to grind honor until MC release (and that would be going hardcore).

2. I c.
3. Concerning the race, how is Kronos different from other servers? And how can a server not "participate" in gated races?

Last edited:
Either way it's too long. MC was released with the release of WoW originally. Judging by past actions they will wait until the last minute of the last day of May to release it. If they even stick to the timeline. Private servers are notorious for never delivering what they promise. Most recent regarding Kronos was its Naxx release.

Kronos isn't different. Well they weren't until this stupid MC decision. Every server releases then has a huge amount of time, sometimes years, between their content. A majority of this time is spent scripting the new content because the best and the brightest aren't exactly lining up to script for little to no pay on an illegal private server. Butt now there are multiple servers with all content fully scripted (more or less) and they all keep delaying their raids for no adequately explained reason. Server life? Fucking what? All you're doing is pushing the players that actually chose your server to quit out of boredom and you'll end up exactly like you are now. 5 guilds that can barely scrape together a raid. Sure the server is still alive but it's desolate.

Technically there will always be gating unless a server either releases all content on release or releases the next raid when the end boss of the previous raid dies. They could do either now but there is always an amount of time plastered between each for no real reason. It really shows a lack of understanding some of the basics of private servers. It also shows that Kronos either doesn't remember its own past or can't learn from it.

See back when Kronos and Nost were first scheduled to release a part of the reason Nost ended up with ten times the population was because they claimed to have almost all the content scripted and that they would have a fast release schedule. This drew a huge amount of players and a number of private server 'famous' guilds. (I'm talking actually known. Not vanguard known). It turned out they were completely full of shit and didn't even have MC scripted very well butt by then it was too late. They had won.

So. As demonstrated many times, players like the race (at least through MC). As demonstrated less times but very disastrously for Kronos; players choose fast timelines. And finally: players always roll fresh. What does server lifespan matter when 70% of your population will be gone before AQ even comes out? LH is planning for a new server as soon as KT dies on LB. There goes all your population right there. Kronos is already considered a joke by all the other servers. You think people are going to stick around when another, better, option comes available? Not if you don't give them a reason to.

You can stretch your server lifespan out to 5+ years if you want to but you'll end up with 2 guilds left not filling raids.

Last edited:
what about PvP Honor system (patch 1.4 (after Dire Maul/Azu)) - will it be enabled from start? and what PvP battlegrounds will be available from start?

You just reek of slow leveler and someone who gets fucked hard by gankers because you follow leveling guides, which as a result send you into parts of the zone that are heavy with activity.

Nope. I level consistently in 6-7 days played. Not too rushed as I like to level a prof along side of leveling. This means I hit 60 (sometimes with 2 toons exploiting rest xp) LONG before the pvp patch with the amount per week I play.

It's sad you live your life based upon false assumptions. Your world view must be skewed from reality.

What I am capable of is seeing the big picture because I base my opinions on reality and fact through observation. I can empathize with others who have a completely different view and/or life style than me. It's called being an evolved human being. You should strive for such a thing.

I nearly always have one early toon leveling as feral so I am the ganker.

Last edited:
Do you actually believe this? The other servers are all faster than you with harder raids and less gear. They don't have broken weapons. Their bosses actually have armor and resistances. They have actual competition for world bosses. They've had no multibox rules since the beginning. Just take your manufactured Naxx win and be happy with being the "best" on Kronos.

Please post sources for your claims. Thank you.

You know damn well Raidstats has been offline for days maybe weeks.

In any case you weren't even the fastest on this server except for your BWL run that they made impossible to replicate afterwords. Regardless, dreamstate had beaten it long ago using similar methods. Although I'm sure if you went into MC or something now with full Naxx bis you could finally beat records set 3 years ago in BWL gear.

If you came in here after eating some humble pie or with an ounce of self awareness saying something like "We enjoy speedruns because of the competition with other guilds and other servers, but also so we can push ourselves to the absolute limit of raiding. We can't see the peak of our raid potential without worldbuffs." You'd get less shit.

Anyways; regarding the non-underlined stuff they have less gear because their servers have been out less time and their gear was regressed. Don't need to cite sources for common knowledge. Multibox. Both server's ToS. World bosses. Their servers have waaaaaaayyyy more population than kronos ever had. A simple google search of Azuregos will show you what actual world pvp is. Aside from Ironfoe getting fixed a while back I got nothing on the broken weapons butt you know god damn well proc rates have always been bugged to proc way more on kronos. And https://forum.lightshope.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8386 for light's hope armor values. A simple search of 'armor' on twinhead easily shows the lowered armor of Naxx bosses as well as AQ and I don't know if they fixed the armor macro yet nor do I care enough to find out.

You're welcome.

Top Bottom