• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos Message of the Day

Smoker

Authorized
"Welcome to the Kronos project, the most advanced vanilla adventure in the universe. Enjoy your stay."

I think this greeting message is good, but perhaps it could be expanded to help bring the official kronos News out to the players. I know I completely missed the donation-bonus in late december, despite being online pretty much everyday. A lot of players don't visit the kronos site after they created their characters. If you want to hype the community with upcoming additions to the server, you gotta reach the masses ingame in addition to the website.

So like the standard greeting message is fine as it is, but perhaps it could rotate between the standard one, and another which contains a quick pitch from the latest news on kronos-wow.com

For example:

"Kronos wishes everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year! As a special gift we offer a bonus to all players donating to TwinStar between the 22nd and 30rd of december. Read more on Kronos-wow.com"

"The moment you've been waiting for is fast approaching. Zul'Gurub will be officially released on December 13th, 7:30PM Server time. Enjoy your stay on Kronos - the most complete vanilla experience."

"Kronos is always working hard to give you an exceptional World of Warcraft experience. We've just released a number of new updates to our server. You can see the full list on Kronos-wow.com."

"Kronos offers you an exclusive chance to test the Zul'Gurub instance on our public test realm, between november 15th and 22nd. Zul'Gurub will be officially released once our final tests have been completed. Read more on Kronos-wow.com."

"Kronos offers the most complete sand-farm experience of any vanilla server out there. This weekend we will increase the honor gained from Silithyst Geysers by 1000. This way you will be able to increase your right-clicking and mob-pathing-prediciton-skills. Make sure you're not queued for any battleground and open a thread on the forums once you get corpse-camped."

P.S.
Joining global chat gives a message that the channel is global for "fRaction" instead of "faction."

I'd like to see this changed as a matter of good impression, though of course it does not personally deter me from this amazing world!

P.S.
Joining global chat gives a message that the channel is global for "fRaction" instead of "faction."

I'd like to see this changed as a matter of good impression, though of course it does not personally deter me from this amazing world!
Thanks for pointing it out. It's probably due to the Czech word for "faction" being "frakce". I will send it to Chero.

@Holaver, just an update that this hasn't been fixed, and the issue is the same for the message about guild recruitment.

Top Bottom