• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos population

Sapphiraz

Firstly i wanna say i really like Kronos its an amazing server and its scripted a lot better than that other server ( you know which).Now i wanna ask do you think the server will get more players because imo it deserves it

Who knows, think there is around 2-2.5k at present, thats pretty decent is it not? I'm sure more folks will come to try it out given how other projects are shitting the bed with poor scripts and generally shady behavior.

2,5k is awesome, most servers don't even get close to that number. when it starts going into 4 and 5k it gets overcrowded imo. and also, once dodgykebab and others start reviewing it, it will ensure a steady influx of new people for a long time.

There was about 1.4k alliance and about 1.8-1.9k horde at launch. Granted that this is skewed because of some of the trollers logging in for the sake of logging in.

Realistically, there are around 3k people if you take both euros and America's into account. Since launch is over there is a split in when peeps log in. Quite good in my opinion starting off.

There was about 1.4k alliance and about 1.8-1.9k horde at launch. Granted that this is skewed because of some of the trollers logging in for the sake of logging in.

Realistically, there are around 3k people if you take both euros and America's into account. Since launch is over there is a split in when peeps log in. Quite good in my opinion starting off.

Right now, at this very moment (9pm server time?) there are 1027 horde and 776 alliance logged in.
1803 total for Kronos

The "other guys" are at 6298 total.

Yesterday (Sunday) at 5pm i saw 1500 on Kronos compared to 5700 elsewhere.

Who knows what will happen in the future... They are both new.

I find it unbelievable that Nost's population hasn't been affected in the least.

I'm not *that* surprised...I mean there's a lot of people with a lot of high levels already and they may have decided to stay there because they don't want to put the time into another character.

Remember, when you get that many people, most are probably players that just want a decent experience and aren't really concerned with things being perfect. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as Kronos keeps a population around 2k I think everything will be great.

With 5k+ you also run the risk of a lot of shitty, toxic players, which is what a lot of people have seen and have been complaining about on their forums. I'd say 2k is great...you have a (somewhat) tighter community, and there's still lots of people that want to do things.

Yes, that 30 day head start and fighting through the people to level makes you not want to do it again. So they stay. That's not that surprising at all.

Plus a lot of people are still believing the pay to win angle and that turns people off, even if not true.

This is a great server, much better than the last one I was on that was way too overcrowded. The biggest thing I like in a server is when the server is almost bug-free, a good population, blizz-like, and no lag. I also want try out the burning crusade server so I am downloading that. It's been a while since I played on a decent server. Great job on the server! It has pretty much everything I want.

I have been seeding the torrent to try and help out. Make sure if you download from the torrent, upload it when you are done so others can download it too. Otherwise the torrent will go dead. The torrent is doing good for now. Let's keep it that way so others can play on the server.

The population is more than good enough for now. And I'm sure that if this server provides stability and decent scripting it will grow even more. I don't know how long you have been playing Sapphiraz but so far I find the two servers more or less identical and I find it hard to give either one a hand over the other.

One of the major positives about Kronos has been their developers, but now I am not so sure. They just took a cheap shot against the other server by indirectly suggesting it have bots. Very unprofessional and very unnecessary. Because after playing on both for quite some time, I see with my own eyes at least 3-4 more players around on nost compared to kronos. And the population 1-2k kronos vs 5-6k nost fits very well. I am sure both server have bots, but to suggest a majority of the number is bots is ludicrous.

The population is more than good enough for now. And I'm sure that if this server provides stability and decent scripting it will grow even more. I don't know how long you have been playing Sapphiraz but so far I find the two servers more or less identical and I find it hard to give either one a hand over the other.

One of the major positives about Kronos has been their developers, but I am not so sure. They just took a cheap shot against the other server by indirectly suggesting it have bots. Very unprofessional and very unnecessary. Because after playing on both for quite some time, I see with my own eyes at least 3-4 more players around on nost compared to kronos. And the population 1-2k kronos vs 5-6k nost fits very well.

This was my impression as well from that comment.

Before 2015, any server would be considered very succesful to have more than 1k players during peak hours. So 2k+ is great.

Comparing to the Emerald Dream launch I see similar population numbers on Kronos, if not better. And ED was a very succesful launch back in the day. I think if you want to judge kronos pop, you have to see it in a bigger perspective than just comparing it to nostrils.

What kronos has atm is more than enough to sustain a healthy pvp and pve community, there are plenty of servers who are stuck at a 200-500 peak but are doing fine. And if Kronos keeps it up it can only grow.

Last edited:
When did they say that?

https://www.facebook.com/TheProjectKronos The most recent post.

Kronos Facebook said:
We have fixed most of crash causes, so the stability even with 2.5k REAL people online is reaching 10h uptime w/o any problems..

Also here from their post that shows the graph of traffic to the site on launch day

Kronos Facebook said:
And those are real numbers.. Not the artificial and impossible to have, like other projects promotes

i dont know where you people get 2.5k online,whenever i check its always bellow 1k on alliance.
just checked now and its 600 online on alliance.

I'm curious to know who runs the FB page. To condemn the developers already may be incorrect. As far as the bots argument goes, while I find it hard to believe that there are legitimately (while some are definitely bots, yes) that many players online at a single time. I don't know anything other than my own opinion, and there hasn't been any definitive proof otherwise to say that they're bots, so there's really no reason to believe they are at this point.

However, maybe the development team knows the boundaries of the emulator much better than us, and they know that it's not possible. I don't know a thing about mangos or trinity so I can't speculate at all on this side.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont know where you people get 2.5k online,whenever i check its always bellow 1k on alliance.

Not really peak hours at the moment, EU is midnight at earliest and US is just getting off work. This past weekend I saw it get to ~1600 on horde side in the middle of the day, so that's probably skewed a bit too since it's the weekend. We'll just have to wait a few weeks and see how everything has turned out.

Alliance now peaks at 800-900. horde at 1000-1200, so there are 2000 ppl at peak time and about 1000 ppl stable. however, launch day was 1400 alli and 1900 horde, which is wonderful.

Year ago, we would consider successful launch with 1000 players, we got about 3.5x more than that and that's realy awesome :smile:

Do we really need more than 2000 players ?

It was the average amount of players back in 2005 (2500 was the maximum) and it's enough to enjoy the game. It's not like it's now necessary to gather 6000 players on a same server in order to make the best possible Vanilla experience... First the game has not been designed for such high population in its infancy and Second the more you have the more your community is subject to toxicity.

NOS does not set new standards and it is always pleasant to play on a new server with 1000+ players mostly when nowadays it tends to be more blizzlike with a better management atleast in this year 2015.

Population will come with bugfixing and zero lags.
Giv some time.

When these basic bugs and crashes go away, people will be like:

KJnk9.gif

Last edited:
My only concern for Kronos is the US population. I feel like during peak US hours there's only ~500-600 people online. For EU it's great, 2k+. But US players are going to be playing with a small playerbase.

My only concern for Kronos is the US population. I feel like during peak US hours there's only ~500-600 people online. For EU it's great, 2k+. But US players are going to be playing with a small playerbase.

Having checked the numbers all the way through the night (till about 1 AM EST), there's still been about 600-750 people online on horde. That's still really, really good. We don't need 5k people to be populated. As long as there is well over 1k total online at all times, the server will do great. With a higher population and if the scripts are the best, people will only continue to come.

Having checked the numbers all the way through the night (till about 1 AM EST), there's still been about 600-750 people online on horde. That's still really, really good. We don't need 5k people to be populated. As long as there is well over 1k total online at all times, the server will do great. With a higher population and if the scripts are the best, people will only continue to come.

Well, here's hoping that's true. I want to stay on Kronos, but I want to be able to raid and PvP with an active player base.

Top Bottom