• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos staff - what are you thinking with x1 rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instant 60 will blow the whole server.. might lure people in yes, but will it lure in serious players? No.

Ex/ Al'akir on Feenix is instant 60 with even started gear.. and still its dead, 1 bg up at a time, like 1 guild raiding. Thats its.

Put the rate at 1.6-2 and it will take you what? 1-2 weeks to reach 60.

There is so much QQ on these forums about the rate, if you don't like 1x, don't play on 1x. The choice ain't harder than that.

ED used to cap at about 2k players online with queues last year, but their staff didn't allow it to become greater because it was an unprofitable server without donations, and now it's declining. That's a 1x servers, and that kind of population, with real players who you will recognize makes it a lot more fulfilling.

I find everything a lot more empty in a populated highrate server than a populated or semi-populated lowrate server. I'm in it for the community, and the PvP with that community. Highrate doesn't allow for a stable community.

As a PvPer, and an endgame player, I'm hoping for this to be a populated 1x server. I think that the people saying 1x isn't doable are just naysayers who haven't seen its potential like some of us have.

If I wanted to PvP with a bunch of randoms, I'd continue playing on the instant 60 server that I already play on.

Last edited:
I completely agree with Nain, a fast leveling (xprates > 1) kills the vanilla experience. First, fast leveling will not leave space for zone conflicts, like killing some guy in STV/AH/Hillsbrad and starting a fight in that zone, why? becasue you level so fast that chances of people of aprox same level, or even in the zone level (upper and lower bound) meeting decreases a lot. Fast leveling, makes people move out of leveling zones way too fast, no World PvP. Fast leveling makes doing dungeons useless, you level so fast that gear is useless.
People say you starve from different levels, thats not true, I've managed to level from 1 to 60, without ever grinding, just doing quests, why? because I'm not an ****t who only does yellow/red quests and moves to higher level zones as soon as I can, If you knew how to play, you'd at least 2 or 3 zones for your level bracket before moving to a higher level zone, why? so you don't freakin quest starve and be forced to grind your ass out.
Second, consistency, people in high level servers, get bored of their characters really fast, why? because its so easy to level another char, so why bother participating or commiting to a guild or a character.
You guys say, make it optional, yeah? ok i'll level x1 and every1 else is doing MC or W/E while i barely have enough people to do 5 man runs, or be forced to run with a higher level character(BOOOORING). Make it optional, I guarantee x1 fans will not play, they'll just wait for Rebirth to come back. On the other hand, give a x1 server, prove it can hold DDoS, and give it some time, show quality, show good scripting, players will come. You say that won't happend? Rebirth had 100-200 players for years, last year it started grwoing from 300 to 700 and even 800, then DDoS and Blizzard law suit. So x1 servers,need hype, need time. People are going away from ED, bc of the bugs, and rebirth is down, so options are valkyrie or nothing(vk is RU mainly) and is quite bugged too. So to bring all the players from ED, TRB and VK, you need time, and quality, and you'll get a really NICE community here.

I can see from the videos that a lot of effort was invested in this server, and in every dungeon, high exp will make everything invested in low level content(dungeons and quests) worthless, because people won't even bother doing those.

Twinks? no twinks here, way too easy to level, no low lvl bgs here. Even in TRB with 400-500 players you had constant lvl 10 19, 20 29, BGs, during a week and twinks. Nobody likes twinks, but helps economy, making twink items expensive, helping you get your freakin' mount or epic mount.

Want to help people? Publish leveling guides, and advertise it as don't quest starve, don't grind to death, just follow this steps to reach 60.

BGs? you need people for BGs, high exp doesn't imply you'll get a lot of people, in the other hand quality and x1, have shown (TRB, ED, VK) that population tends to grow by itself.

And if you really appreciate the Staff and its Work, don't demand or criticize their decisions in such a biased way, "people are lazy, people won't level on a x1 server", or assume they are wrong and that you are right just because their decision isn't in line with what you expect. You didn't see any post of people begging or demanding x1 xp, people like myself, who are searching for a new home(server), with x1 rates, are just expectant to see what the staff decides, and we won't QQ, we'll just continue to search and move on.(This is in response to "what are you thinking ...." title of the discusion).

Regards,

"You didn't see any post of people begging or demanding x1 xp, people like myself, who are searching for a new home(server), with x1 rates, are just expectant to see what the staff decides, and we won't QQ, we'll just continue to search and move on."

Boom
Edit: Might QQ

Give me one good reason why ED has more population then Valkyrie, when Valkyrie always was a way better server to begin with and also had 1* rate?
You hypocrites really make me sick sometimes.

Are you looking for a well populated server with perfect scripting and core? Or is your goal to LFG WC/DM?

How do you guys even think that higher rates will cause a lack of dedication? This is so not true.
What happend on ED with 1*? Players getting gear from their raids, just to leave 2 weeks later to join a more successful guild cause there are too few good players fulling up the spots for the quitters...
Stay realistic please.

@Berilium Are you looking for a good server or will any shit non scripted totally unblizzlike 1* rate server do? Cause thats what you will find...

ED used to cap at about 2k players online with queues last year, but their staff didn't allow it to become greater because it was an unprofitable server without donations, and now it's declining. That's a 1x servers, and that kind of population, with real players who you will recognize makes it a lot more fulfilling.

I find everything a lot more empty in a populated highrate server than a populated or semi-populated lowrate server. I'm in it for the community, and the PvP with that community. Highrate doesn't allow for a stable community.

As a PvPer, and an endgame player, I'm hoping for this to be a populated 1x server. I think that the people saying 1x isn't doable are just naysayers who haven't seen its potential like some of us have.

If I wanted to PvP with a bunch of randoms, I'd continue playing on the instant 60 server that I already play on.

Keep in mind that ed never had more than 300 lvl 60 players of each faction online at a given time (and that was the absolute maximum, even at that time it was more like 200), it was emty as fuck, no AV weekdays, always the same opponents in bg. No real world pvp. I quit after 2 weeks on 60 because it was so empty and i played there when ed capped.

Also dont be so naive to think that kronos will have the same population as ed, most of the people came from warsong to make it look like its a full server at the start so some actually leveled to 60. That wont happen here, the server has been shut down twice because of lack of population. And if the population wont be as high at the start, it will only get worse. Who wants to level on a dead server 1x?

Last edited:
Why is this even a discussion? Read what I said and there is nothing you can add that will change the outcome. I already know whats going to happen, most people here already know whats going to happen. There is no point trying to defend x1 rates unless your goal is to look stupid.

It has been said before in previous posts and it's 100% true. The reason why people leveled vanilla wow back in 2004 was because the game was years ahed of any other game. It was mind-blowing and fresh, people had never seen an MMORPG in the same leage as WoW. Everything was new, you could never expect what would happen on the next quest-chain or what to expect in instances once they were open.

It was new & fresh and you didn't know what was gonna come next.

Now 10 years later it's a different story..you know exactly what to expect, we have all done the same quests countless of times, we know exactly the best way to get to level 60 asap, we know what BG's to expect at level 60 and we know exactly every instance there is in wow. And we also know which professions to pick to earn gold, and which professions to pick for pvp etc. We know everything.

The reason behind leveling is to learn the game, how the mechanics works and about the lore. Yes back in 2004 it was a new experince and it took time to learn your class. Therefore it required weeks of leveling to learn your class and be ready for raids at level 60.

Also stop pretending to be smart by posting bullshit which have already been countered by logic. Read everything in the thread before you post shit so we don't have to type the same shit 24/7 just because you are too lazy to read. Yes ED had decent population but that server also had a community of over 6000 players while Kronos have a community of less than 500. Simple as that, stop being stupid and see the logic before you post.

It all comes down to...if you still, 10 years later, need weeks to learn your class then i doubt that x1 rates will save you.

Why is this even a discussion? Read what I said and there is nothing you can add that will change the outcome. I already know whats going to happen, most people here already know whats going to happen. There is no point trying to defend x1 rates unless your goal is to look stupid.

It has been said before in previous posts and it's 100% true. The reason why people leveled vanilla wow back in 2004 was because the game was years ahed of any other game. It was mind-blowing and fresh, people had never seen an MMORPG in the same leage as WoW. Everything was new, you could never expect what would happen on the next quest-chain or what to expect in instances once they were open.

It was new & fresh and you didn't know what was gonna come next.

Now 10 years later it's a different story..you know exactly what to expect, we have all done the same quests countless of times, we know exactly the best way to get to level 60 asap, we know what BG's to expect at level 60 and we know exactly every instance there is in wow. And we also know which professions to pick to earn gold, and which professions to pick for pvp etc. We know everything.

The reason behind leveling is to learn the game, how the mechanics works and about the lore. Yes back in 2004 it was a new experince and it took time to learn your class. Therefore it required weeks of leveling to learn your class and be ready for raids at level 60.

Also stop pretending to be smart by posting bullshit which have already been countered by logic. Read everything in the thread before you post shit so we don't have to type the same shit 24/7 just because you are too lazy to read. Yes ED had decent population but that server also had a community of over 6000 players while Kronos have a community of less than 500. Simple as that, stop being stupid and see the logic before you post.

It all comes down to...if you still, 10 years later, need weeks to learn your class then i doubt that x1 rates will save you.

/thread

1x rates WONT WORK whether or not you think its part of the classic experience.

Must agree with kraunZ. What server needs is population, one of the ways to get it is makin > x1 rates. Thought experiance rates ain't enough. Like kraunZ said - logic, there's nothing to discuss about. What we need to discuss about is how to make this server populated. Advertisement... Invite an friend... we need to gather ideas so ppl can found out about us(kronos server). Tha's the biggest problem atm imo.

We know everything.

God your elitist post is making me cringe. Not everyone in the private server community has been playing wow for 10 years straight, done all the quests, raided all the content etc..

There are plenty of insta 60 servers to go play on bro. If you feel so strongly about not wanting an Authentic Vanilla Experience then go play on those said servers. Get this.. Some people actually like the leveling process, and I myself am one of those people.

I see you feel VERY strongly about wanting this community to thrive, and I do as well considering I am planning to make Kronos my home. (Granted they keep the exp rate at 1x, because that is my preference) However try to refrain from the insults, because stuff like that will in fact deter people from joining the community in itself, and by the severity of your post it doesn't seem like that is your intention at all.

I am not debating the "facts" you have posted, because it logically makes sense that if you take one of the most time consuming parts out of the game then more people will come play. I for one would rather grow with a community over time via leveling, dungeons, world PvP etc, and would rather take a blow numbers wise to have that sort of server. Now on the other hand I was not here to experience the other attempts at starting this server up, so I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to go through that, and I hope that is not the case this time. I will do my best to spread the word to the other 1x exp blizzlike servers, and hopefully this server will be as well scripted/run as promised!

Last edited:
Now on the other hand I was not here to experience the other attempts at starting this server up, so I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to go through that, and I hope that is not the case this time.

Exactly, but we were here, for months, playing, trying to get the server attention ect. The facts are clear but you still use your own opinion/preference as an argument to why we should have x1 rates on the server. The majority of people that's going play here will not want to sacrifice population for a "authentic" time consuming leveling experience. I am one of those players who like x1 and would like for the server to have it. But on the other hand I can see past my personal preference for the greater good of the server. Population and quality is everything. We already have quality, but population is the tricky part.

All in all, there is no way around this. x1 will not work in the long run, it doesn't matter how you look at it.
I'm not saying we should have x15 rates, just that we need to find a compromise. You can't make everyone happy, but to cater to the purist players who want x1 to later see the server crumble into dust is just sad. This is by far the superior server in terms of quality and dedication and we need to make a decision based on what's best for the majority of the players and not the minority.

I could probably bring around 5-6 dedicated players to this server if there is optional or higher rates. They would never even enter the website if I told them that it's x1. They are both PVP and PVE players, and have all played for about 9-10 years. They just cba to level on x1.

My point is, if you look just among my friends as an example.

x1 rates would bring this server= 1 new/old player, me
Higher rates would bring this server= 6-7 new players

Last edited:
I am not debating the "facts" you have posted, because it logically makes sense that if you take one of the most time consuming parts out of the game then more people will come play.

Glad you agree.

... would rather take a blow numbers wise to have that sort of server.

You would have loved the older Kronos.

Now on the other hand I was not here to experience the other attempts at starting this server up, so I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to go through that, and I hope that is not the case this time.

This the exact reason threads like this are made, people DO NOT want to go through that again, hence the proposal of an increased XP-rate. Given the facts already presented, it WILL be like that again unless there is an option to level at a faster pace, it has been proven time and time again in the past. Why not make a conscious effort to avoid it this time?

If you do me one favor, there is NO, I repeat NO alternative to Kronos in terms of quality.
NO SERVER COMES EVEN CLOSE TO THE QUALITY KRONOS OFFERS
Anyone saying "you are welcome to play on high rate servers" just doesn't get what Kronos is about.

You want to play here cause Kronos offers you the real vanilla balancing, PvP and Raids. If you really want to level with 1*, flexible rates would give you exactly that. Why force others to do the same? Makes no sense.
You say 1* is the way you want to play the game? Fine, then play it this way. Why bother if others level faster then you if you really feel that way?

Gyus, everyone wants something different and it is impossible to please everyone.

My opinion is that 5× and more rates does leveling unnecessary and non-sense. So in this case, let's make Kronos instant and it will be the same.

I think that the best option for Kronos are the already mentioned 1,6× (TBC) rates.
Low level content is still alive, but leveling isn't so grindy.

2× are good rates, too. And 3×... still okay.

But more?...

We need to think and realize that it is necessary to devise a good compromise, for all sides.

Have seen it suggested several times that exp could be set at TBC rates, 1.6x, as a middle ground. Wouldn't that work for everyone? That way most stuff isn't that badly out of sync.

If the server is really good would a 1.6x rate scare off people that want to lvl fast? Was many years ago ofc but if memory serves me correctly I can remember how myself and lots of other players rerolled bloodelf/dranei and in no time at all was 60 again and went to outland. But perhaps there was some extra exp boost at that time, can't remember. Basically what I am saying is that the lvling seemed very fast.

Me personally I want to play on a 1x server but I would never suggest Kronos go for it if will make the server flop. Same with 1.6x ofc. So no need to get angry at my suggestion.

Was planing to play on Kronos if 1x, but 1.6x I can live with it I quess. Higher then that I will just go elsewhere and wish you all great success and fun times.

You say 1* is the way you want to play the game? Fine, then play it this way. Why bother if others level faster then you if you really feel that way?
Just one thing, already mentioned like a gazillion times. Optional 1-x rates = everybody* levels on x rates = those five people who level on 1 do it alone = not what they wanted.

not once did I ever say that higher rates are bad, or that optional rates are bad.

Was planing to play on Kronos if 1x, but 1.6x I can live with it I quess. Higher then that I will just go elsewhere and wish you all great success and fun times.

So you would take a totally bugged server over the most bug free server just for the sake to level slower?
What excatly do you plan to do when you finally hit 60? Cause to me it sounds like you want to quit right after you ding, otherwise this would make no sense at all.

It's fun to read posts from those, who want 1x rates. They say, that they LIKE and ENJOY 1x lvling, but they don't want optional rates. It seems that they don't enjoy it at all, but they don't want others to level faster / to have easyer way to get 60.

I sugested to increase rates at launch and lower them after 3 weeks.

Another option is to start with 1x, so everyone, who want to play 1x will have it and increase it by the time. For example +1 for each month till, let's say 7x. So everyone can join, when they want. In my oponion, this will asure us decent pop of 1x lovers at start and then more players, who hate it will join. And it will give slight advantage to those, who started at launch, because month is a long time.

Also, i would keep reward for those, who chose to level 1x from the begining.

YOu got to be kidding me really...you still didnt get it, huh ? he want 1 rates for all, not just for him. Jesus christ... :D
Nobody will run dungeons and all that stuff with him on the way to 60 when others will grind on high rate...

World of Warcraft was made with 1x rate leveling (i guess. atleast it felt like that).
Let it be 1x guy, dont get any other idea :)

One can remove the idea of xp rate 4x and higher, you know why? because of facts. 1 fact is that the feature of low lvl battlegrounds wont be that active or even not beeing played. so why would anyone want higher rates by rushing through content? i know why. those people want to have something faster. guess what. PvPing at level 60 or Raiding as fast as possible. So dont let you get cought by the evil selfish people.

World of Warcraft was made with 1x rate leveling (i guess. atleast it felt like that).
Let it be 1x guy, dont get any other idea :)

One can remove the idea of xp rate 4x and higher, you know why? because of facts. 1 fact is that the feature of low lvl battlegrounds wont be that active or even not beeing played. so why would anyone want higher rates by rushing through content? i know why. those people want to have something faster. guess what. PvPing at level 60 or Raiding as fast as possible. So dont let you get cought by the evil selfish people.

Judging from your post, I will go with the assumption that you did not read any of the previous posts. Let me dumb it down for you since you like facts:

Fact 1: The people asking for x1 rates are the selfish ones. All i see is "I personally would only play x1"

Fact 2: The people asking for higher rates are the ones who are not selfish, we want whats best for the server, which is a big community.

Fact 3: WoW was made with 1x rates but Blizzard realised that it was retarded and made leveling easier. They realised this 7 years ago and you still haven't realised it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom