• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos TBC

Buduls

I've noticed a couple of official announcements from Kronos dev. team about their plans to release Kronos TBC. Apart from vague blizzlike promises like "we are working on it" I could not find any information regarding it. The last mentioned of Kronos TBCC was on 2017-11-08 when devs. said more info will be posted in upcoming months. So it has been 4 months already and there is no further info :)

To sum everything up: Is Kronos TBC still being developed? Are there any approximate release date for this? Will we be able to transfer our characters from K1?

No clue as to how much you searched but i did a 1 min. search on Kronos news and the following kinda explained the questions you had, for starters it specifies that solutions on Kronos will be inherited and let us not forget Kronos is part of Twinstar who coincidentally also has a TBC server which means they will either be able to inherit those as well or they would be able to implement the solutions by working alongside the tbc devs.

Later on it also explains that K1 & K3 characters are copied to the server and to allow new players to catch up TBC will start out with a lvl 60 cap and patch 2.0.1 talents. and since the word "copy" was used we can assume what happens is no transfer but simply a clone so you would still be able to continue playing on the kronos 1.12.1 servers if you dont wanna move on to tbc although i think the cloning is a one time that happens to all on the server at the same time so you can forget about making a clone army ^^.

You can always go to twinhead to watch Vanilla or TBC if ur curious about how much is fixed.

At least those are my thoughts regarding the TBC ;)

Naxxramas Updates, Kronos III, and Kronos TBC
2017-11-08

We've also started work on Kronos TBC, which will allow players to continue their journey into the Burning Crusade. Kronos TBC will be based on the Kronos core, meaning that it will inherit all of the fixes made to the Kronos servers. Kronos TBC will launch on the 2.0.1 patch (TBC Talents, level cap of 60), allowing new players an opportunity to join and catch up to all of the characters copied from Kronos and Kronos III. Some more details on Kronos TBC will be announced in the coming months.

They better copy my char with all my gear and gold if they make us wait 3 years for TBC.

- We are building our own TBC server on top of our Vanilla core.
- We are not going to use any of Ares coding to build our TBC server
- There will be the option to copy your Vanilla characters into Kronos TBC once we're ready to release it. So whether you level on Kronos, Kronos III, your character will be eligible to go to KTBC

We are still a ways away from providing more info on all of that process. We'll keep you posted when we have updates.

And just to add some clarification...

Patch 2.0.1 "Before the Storm" lasted approximately 33 days before the opening of the dark portal in patch 2.0.3 (and therefore access to Outland).

During those 33 days all players got a free respec and could spec down to the new 41-pt talents if they desired, but the dark portal was closed.

I don't know how long the devs plan to let 2.0.1 last so "new players can catch up" as they've put it, but it should not last for more than one month max or you'e going to have a very upset player base.

Like...we don't need to sit in 2.0.1 for 90 days with the dark portal closed so new players can level from 1-60, that's what the entire lifespan of K3 is for.

We will be providing new players a chance to catch up and join in time for Outlands (likely between 1-2 months, but no number has been finalized yet).

Will you be able to level Dranei/Blood Elf during the 2.0.3 patch?
Or only after the opening of the portal?

Will you be able to level Dranei/Blood Elf during the 2.0.3 patch?
Or only after the opening of the portal?

I cannot speak for TwinStar or the Kronos team, but I can tell you what happened on retail back in the day...

Patch 2.0.1 was the initial patch for Burning Crusade, it is essentially what was installed onto your PC after you bought and loaded up your Burning Crusade game discs. On retail, the game ran for 33 days on this patch. You can Google for the exact/full patch notes, but here are the most important things to know about 2.0.1
  • Your game client is no longer "vanilla", it's Burning Crusade (in the private scene this means you'll be running a 2.4.3 client)
  • Draenei and Blood Elves are available to use, starting from level 1 of course
  • The new starter zones are available (Ghostlands and Azuremuyst Isle)
  • All classes now have access to their 41-point BC talent trees
  • All of the initial BC stat changes and class mechanics/updates are implemented
  • Level cap remains 60, and the Dark portal is closed (so no access yet to Outland)
Patch 2.0.3 was the actual opening of the Dark Portal, allowing players to now cross the Dark Portal (therefore going into Outland and starting the new quests).

We will be providing new players a chance to catch up and join in time for Outlands (likely between 1-2 months, but no number has been finalized yet).

Thanks for the heads up Davros! It's important to know that those 33 days where Blizzard was on 2.0.1 functioned as a final PTR of sorts...making sure everything was in good shape before allowing players to move into Outland. It was not meant to be a form of "catch-up" for new players.

I'm also not saying that Kronos should honor what Blizzard did back then and model after that, but this is a very important subject for anyone with characters on K1/K2 and eventually K3 that has/will spend enormous amounts of time playing Vanilla. None of these players (read: 95% of the player base) will want to sit in a patch 2.0.1 state for months while Kronos caters to a few players who decided to sit this round out and just wait for KronosTBC to arrive. What this effectively does is just extend your Vanilla timeline out, tacked on at the end of it's timeline, when everyone wants to do something new.

Anyone who is going to sit and wait, well...good for them! That's their choice. Anyone who has been (or continues to be) living under a rock, and suddenly discovers Kronos 18 months from now, well...great! But let's not penalize everyone that has played on K1/K2/K3 all that time by making them wait another few months to play BC so a few late arrivals can "catch-up".

Does anyone know if the TBC server is meant to be released after K3 has progressed through all its content or could it be released much sooner than that?

I hope they make a K3TBC server after K3 is done progressing. Please follow the timeline to what it was in the real game.

Does anyone know if the TBC server is meant to be released after K3 has progressed through all its content or could it be released much sooner than that?
I would not expect it sooner. They've more or less just started the work after releasing Naxx on K1. For Ares, it took 1.5 years to even relaunch.

Besides, I think they want to give K3 players fresh TBC experience. There's no reason to open TBC for K1 players exclusively, and no reason to open TBC for K3 players when they're not done with Vanilla yet.

After K3 Progress stops ?? So you mean I gotta wait till like January 2020 to be able to play my SL/SL lock in KTBC ???

- We are building our own TBC server on top of our Vanilla core.
- We are not going to use any of Ares coding to build our TBC server
- There will be the option to copy your Vanilla characters into Kronos TBC once we're ready to release it. So whether you level on Kronos, Kronos III, your character will be eligible to go to KTBC

We are still a ways away from providing more info on all of that process. We'll keep you posted when we have updates.
This is my primary motivation for playing on K3. Especially if vanilla characters will remain in vanilla and their copy will progress on TBC.

You are referring to the TBC server having the catch-up mechanic and not K3, correct? Also the TBC event will just be on the TBC server?

Ares anounced the end...
It would be nice have possibility transfer my Draenei somewhere else.

Did you read this thread though? If you trust the admins, you'll have it eventually, but don't hold your breath, it's a year or 2 or 3.

Edit: sorry, misread, for your Ares Draenei, I'm 90% sure it's lost. Best case they'll give you some Twinstars so you can buy a char on Hades or whatever. KTBC will most likely be F R E S H, with no insta-60 chars to spoil.

Edit: sorry, misread, for your Ares Draenei, I'm 90% sure it's lost. Best case they'll give you some Twinstars so you can buy a char on Hades or whatever. KTBC will most likely be F R E S H, with no insta-60 chars to spoil.

"There will be the option to copy your Vanilla characters into Kronos TBC once we're ready to release it "

Sounds like on TBC server we will transfer our characters from Kronos 1 / III to this TBC server and start TBC at level 60

Then buy your lvl 60 on k1 while you can ;)

Hahaha, this guy. Smart man. I hope they make KTBC 1 and KTBC III with following the same rules on each server. I would hate to switch over to TBC from KIII and have people that have bought a ton of gold and characters when i went and slaved over it.

I hope Davros releases more information about this and these servers are split into two BC servers

Where is this option? i am curious to look at options of what they have for sale. All is see is mounts, clothing etc. not characters?
There is an character auction characters leveled by players manually. When you are logged in on the account manager on the right side look for classic auction.

Last edited:
Don't overlook the "Kronos" part of "KTBC". It's meant to be progressive, which is the total opposite of this fresh crap. Ares was a fresh TBC server under the TwinStar umbrella, there is no association to Kronos other than the parent company.

It's all in the post from Davros...

If/when KTBC ever comes to fruition, you will be able to copy your Kronos characters from K1, K3 or both and go go go. You keep your gear, your money, all your faction reps, your bags, your titles...anything you accomplished in vanilla via K1/K3...nothing is wiped from you. This is the entire purpose of a progressive server.

Never played on K1 or K3? No problem, you can roll a new level 1 and play.

Want a Bloof Elf or Dranei? No problem, you can roll a level 1 and play.

As a player, I can only encourage people to play on K1 and/or K3 right now and then have a character(s) that you can progress with.

There should only be one KTBC server, for the sake of having a healthy pop and not splitting player base. As far as players wanting to copy a character from K1 that they bought...in my eyes that's totally legit, because that character was, at some point, leveled by a human and not just spawned. The system was in place to allow those transactions to occur, despite anyone's personal feelings toward the system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom