• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Kronos United

great server kappa, fix this shit already we've been waiting 2 weeks already and it goes down after 1 hr. fuck my life

great server kappa, fix this shit already we've been waiting 2 weeks already and it goes down after 1 hr. fuck my life

Yeah they totally owe YOU that, I mean you've been paying them a sub and whatnot... Show some respect, they're doing this for free and they're doing a damn fine job under the circumstances.

They are doing a fine job under the circumstances. But we do have some options. I can understand why people are frustrated, they wait to get disconnected.

And the worst thing is that we don't actually know when the server will be stable. I had a feeling that when it came back today that it would just lag bomb repeatedly.

So when you finally get free time to play, do you wait patiently for kronos, or do you actually play on another server that is stable? That is the question, and each option has its pros and cons.

If the server has been down this long, it will gather some trash when it gets up, not being optimized yet, new hardware etc.. Thank God it's not DDOS this time but just an ordinary server crash, and, let Chero or Cherwow as he is awesome, some time to sleep as well after slaving day and night to getting it up together with Twinstar. I hope somebody else answers the standby text this time.

If the server has been down this long, it will gather some trash when it gets up, not being optimized yet, new hardware etc.. Thank God it's not DDOS this time but just an ordinary server crash, and, let Chero or Cherwow as he is awesome, some time to sleep as well after slaving day and night to getting it up together with Twinstar. I hope somebody else answers the standby text this time.

How do you know it's not DDoS this time?

Ignorant posts like these are from people who doesn't know what it takes to have a server running. Especially while it is under attack by someone trying to DDoS it.
Be patient and give them time to work this out. It's not like they can swing a wand and suddenly it all works perfectly.

All these *****s raging. The server works great. We have some issues during this move, deal with it. This morning server works fine.

How do you know it's not DDoS this time?

Lets pray this isn't a new DDoS. After the first major attack, I was hoping that the move to this new server also came with the dev's installing some form of DDoS protection just like Nost had to do. If we just moved to a new server and didn't get software installed protecting Kronos from these types of attacks then that wasn't a very smart move. Kronos is big enough now that they should expect these types of attacks regularly and thus we require some software protection. Anyone know anything on this?

Well i rather see they terminate the server than give in to goldsellers. They are the cancer of the game.

I just want to play the game :( I understand that it is a huge project resettlinging a server, and if there is new issues (new ddos?) that will tank the server.
But still I want to play, I want to play badly.

Well, if this is DDoS, they did say in previous updates that their DDoS-protection plans would only take effect in about 2 weeks; and that was a week ago or so.

I dont think its Ddos, i got in to the game a few minutes ago. It must be some connection issues.

Last edited:
Kronos have really shot themselves in the foot.

When Nost got shut down and it was apparent that almost all their players would migrate here,
they should have closed registrations.

Instead they thought it was a great thing that all of a sudden there were more players than the server could ever handle.
The server never felt empty before these players joined.
The 7xp event brought in loads of new players, got old players making alts as well.

Then they made a second server to cater for these new people.
And with that came more hype, another huge influx of new players.
Cringeworthy posts from Kronos saying they would reserve char names for "famous players".
I'm sorry, but some twat on youtube or twitch is hardly Justin fucking Beiber
What did this do, it brought even more people.

So we were at the point now where some ***** who used to work at Blizzard decided he'd get in on the PR action,
and present a petition to Blizzard.
Oooh, hello, yet more people.
Threads on the Blizzard forum about legacy servers, opening the eyes of retail players who had never before heard of vanilla servers.

And all the while Kronos is happily signing up new accounts.

And finally, we get the goldsellers. I'd never before seen a single goldseller in a year of Kronos.
The attention on Kronos is ridiculous, and they could and should have curbed this a month ago.

The whole thing is now completely unmanageable in my opinion and it's a real shame.

I'll sit and wait though, and hope that this downtime gets rid of a lot of the new players.

I think you are right, im a new player myself. But it doesnt seem like the Kronos team can manage this kind of attention and they probably dont have the economy to keep up with it.

Top Bottom