• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos WoW sounds promising... but what about the playerbase?

darkglobe317

This truly seems like a promising project to make a very blizzlike vanilla server. The most important aspect of this is reliving the challenge of leveling and raiding. But what about the second most important aspect? When this server releases, are there going to be ALOT of people playing? because if the peak is say only 700 players.. its not going to truly feel like a vanilla experience. My real question is... how many people are anticipating this server? because all of this hard work to create such a great server is not even going to matter if the player base isnt big enough to truly enjoy it. I want it to be like the old days where I am questing in duskwood and I have to look over my shoulder because at any time a ??? level undead rogue will come and backstab me in 1 hit. with a small population.. world pvp wont be rampant.. period.

SO again, how many people are actually anticipating this thing?

omg.....this is more useless/spaming thread that mine.... :backkill:

The amount of people anticipating depends on how eager you are to recruit more people (if you want to help check this topic I made). How can someone possibly guess how much players there will be at launch?

But from the website traffic you could say it attracts quite some attention. I only registered here couple of months long ago, but I've seen the activity go up exponentially.

Same goes for the forum and social media, this project is pretty alive. People are easily convinced by the quality Kronos offers but they need to find out about it first.

So I'd guess it will easily launch with over 1k players, not taking into account the extra hype a nearing release date would cause. When people start streaming on twitch and Kronos delivers qualitywise things can go very quick.

Consider that in the first months after release everyone will be leveling and a lot of people are from different timezones so by no means you will be feeling alone in the world.

Last edited:
Legit question. WoW like any MMORPG, especially Vanilla is NOTHING without the necessary playerbase. If I want a dead world, I can log in on retail any time.

So, this question is justified. However, you are able to answer your own question quite easily. This is probably what pissed Spufy off, if I may guess.

Simply look at the forum activity, especially the guests that visit, look at the youtube channel etc. Then you get a good idea of what you can expect.

Yeah, well, how do you expect us to answer your question? Nobody here is a prophet to see the future. :biggrin:
Web traffic looks promising. Social media/youtube traffic too but still, it's all up to us how we populate the server. Kronos will deliver us good playground and it's OUR job to fill it. :smile:

Legit question. WoW like any MMORPG, especially Vanilla is NOTHING without the necessary playerbase. If I want a dead world, I can log in on retail any time.

So, this question is justified. However, you are able to answer your own question quite easily. This is probably what pissed Spufy off, if I may guess.

Simply look at the forum activity, especially the guests that visit, look at the youtube channel etc. Then you get a good idea of what you can expect.

It's more of a rhetorical question. Basically what I'm saying is: these devs are working hard on this server, harder than any private server I've ever seen. Seeing how well they scripted the AI is so impressive. Since we already know that this server is going to be possibly the best private server ever made, the main issue that should be focused on is the playerbase. The quality of the server almost certainly wont be in question, so population is what will make or break this experience.

Last edited:
Well, Kronos seems to be the upcoming Vanilla project with the most activity on the forum, so I don't think you'll get a better chance than here.

It's more of a rhetorical question. Basically what I'm saying is: these devs are working hard on this server, harder than any private server I've ever seen. Seeing how well they scripted the AI is so impressive. Since we already know that this server is going to be possibly the best private server ever made, the main issue that should be focused on is the playerbase. The quality of the server almost certainly wont be in question, so population is what will make or break this experience.

All this server can do is look at past servers and see why they failed...and try to not repeat the other server's mistakes. There have been a few decent servers that have gone down hill for various reasons.

- This Server will have a decent layer of DDoS Protections
- Kronos is labelled as an international server, so the primary language is Englsih
- From what we can see so far, quest and dungeons bugs will be near non-existent
- Kronos has an anti-cheat system
- Is part of the twinstar project - so whatever the case maybe there will be experienced devs working behind the scenes
- The server is located in Europe - reduces likelihood that Blizzard can slap across a lawsuit

This project is known...and for better or worse...has been advertised all over the place either spammingly or methodically (I suggest anyone from refraining to personally advertise this server). This server does enough of its own advertisement to grab the attention of players.

All that can happen now is to wait and see. Enough people know about this server, when it goes live, word of mouth will start to bring more players in...especially when is has been confirmed that any aforementioned bugs don't exist...it might take a good month or two for Kronos to have a decent recurring peak in population.

Moreover, remember that there are many different types of Vanilla players. Some just want to play on and insta 60 server, others might want something Kronos does not offer. Nonetheless I think it is safe to say that there are plenty of people who want to experience x1 blizzlike vanilla.

Also to note, there are a few other -stable- x1 vanilla servers about...or soon will be. Each with their own community which will ultimately split the potential player base a little. Which is not a bad thing...I find the more decent private servers available, the better the vanilla community as a whole will be...because ultimately more servers (of a different kind) bring more people in.

TL;DR - Who knows? I would like to think when the server opens there is a minimum population of around 200-300 odd (horde and alliance) with peaks up to 700-1k...to then, in a few months time, a constant population of 400-500...my estimate anyway

I think a steady population in the 300-500 range per side would be plenty for enough WPVP to make things interesting.

The amount of people anticipating depends on how eager you are to recruit more people (if you want to help check this topic I made).

It's hard recruiting friends where there is no release date, but as soon as there is I will tell everyone I know interested in wow.

How is it hard to tell people about a project before a release date?
I told my friends and they are all hooked. Just a few of them wound up to register on the forum as pf yet. And those who did aren't really active on it.

Just show them some videos so they can see what they can expect.

I told my friends and they are all hooked. Just a few of them wound up to register on the forum as pf yet. And those who did aren't really active on it.

Yeah I've done the same, but they're basically not going to do anything until I have a lv60 on it. So that's like 3-4 extra, maybe 8-10 if something special happens.

I think a steady population in the 300-500 range per side would be plenty for enough WPVP to make things interesting.

thats not enough. The peak population would need to be atleast 2000 to make the entire leveling aspect legit. And even at 2000 thats low when you take into account the huge number of zones.

Just show them some videos so they can see what they can expect.

I said it's hard recruiting, not hard telling them about it. There is a difference. As long as there isn't a set release date it might as well be vaporware to a person who hasn't researched anything about it. And why should he/she when there seems to be no end in sight?

I'm not saying that's how it is, but that is how it looks to someone who hasn't heard or know anything about kronos.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Dont Worry about the playerbase.
The first month will probably be a bit low.
But when time catches on and the words spreads, people will join.
All you need is a spark and then baam, the server is full :D

And I'm sure we can count on more! AFAIK 300-500 (per both sides and as a peak, but) was even on previous Kronos. 2 times increase is very low, I predict at least 3 times - 900-1500.

And yes, everything is on us. Spread the word :)

Last edited:
Hoping for the best. I do believe that if the server is as good as it promises now, it might even be full eventually. But only time will tell I guess.

thats not enough. The peak population would need to be atleast 2000 to make the entire leveling aspect legit. And even at 2000 thats low when you take into account the huge number of zones.

I played on Rebirth that at one stage just had peaks on 700 players and around a constant of 200-300...I can say when leveling through that time, WPvP was all too annoyingly persistent in the contested zones. I don't mean gankers...just your average ally leveling like you.

Was it a constant threat? of course not. But I could easily say I encountered someone to fight on the opposing faction every few levels at a population of around 300-400.

Edit: Just to note. I dont think I shall ever see a x1 private vanilla sever ever reaching 2k players online at once. Its a dream, but definitely not a reality...at this point in time.

Last edited:
I played on Rebirth that at one stage just had peaks on 700 players and around a constant of 200-300...I can say when leveling through that time, WPvP was all too annoyingly persistent in the contested zones. I don't mean gankers...just your average ally leveling like you.

Was it a constant threat? of course not. But I could easily say I encountered someone to fight on the opposing faction every few levels at a population of around 300-400.

Edit: Just to note. I dont think I shall ever see a x1 private vanilla sever ever reaching 2k players online at once. Its a dream, but definitely not a reality...at this point in time.

The "arena-tournament" private server has about 5-6k players at peak hours. and they are only an instant 60 WOTLK pvp server.

Yes a high pop server is certainly possible, but I don't think we should overestimate how big retail wow server population was. Blizzard never wanted to give figures about it but it is estimated that the player cap was at 4k players. They rarely peaked over 2k. On my server there was never more than one alterac valley going on and there were about 5 raid guilds on each side. When you peak over 1k players you can easily achieve this.

On retail WoW now it is estimated that the cap is at 8k now.

Top Bottom