• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Last Week's Team Meeting

I start school May 4th and I got a lot of free time before then so heres to hoping that I get a good 2 months of marathon Vanilla sessions before then. :laugh:

There's a bug report page anyone can look at (you don't even have to be registered) and if you are registered you can post in it; as in if there is a new bug report you can research the bug to find out whether it is or not and assist with identifying what actual bugs are and what aren't in order to reduce the time the developers have to research it. Now, that may not be possible if you don't have substantial free time and I'm not saying everyone should, it could devolve to the point where people are making up things by misinterpreting old sites. If you've looked at the bug report page you'll see there are an obscene amount of things that need fixing (not all are critical of course, but the Kronos team wants it to be as perfect for you as possible when it's released :) ). If some people who were dedicated looked up lots of the bugs that have been reported and commented that they are not in fact bugs, it saves that much more time to fix the things that do need fixing and the server could be released more quickly so we can all start playing together :)

As for the updates, it gets back to the fact that Kronos is a small team and there are a lot of people that are complaining about the server not being released that haven't contributed. If you're performing a basically free service for a lot of people and they get upset when you haven't told them anything because there aren't any updates to give (as in the big projects are still underway and there's no way to give the type of information that will please the masses), are you going to feel compelled to talk to them? I wouldn't, but maybe I'm a jerk lol.

As for your baker comparison, it doesn't make any sense. Of course I expect a bread from a baker because I'm paying him for it. None of us have paid a dime towards this project. That's what I was getting at.

P.S. "you" in this post is a generalization of a person, not you specifically lol

Last edited:
With regards to the indeterminate release-date, I can very much wait even if the initial buzz of hearing about Kronos has worn off. I mean, sure it can be frustrating to see the original prediction come and go. You want to relive a joyous time in your vidya history. But vanilla is basically static, unchanging, persistent. It will still be here, waiting for you. As will everyone else be waiting for it (hopefully!). Then one day in the not-so-distant future, it will become available and you can have your fun... as will everyone else.

Until then, I'd recommend finding some form of time-waster or creative project of your own to undertake to try to avoid F5ing the main page too much; It's only going to frustrate you further, and venting your frustrations on the forums will only increase the pressure on the dev team.

I don't understand the pleasure of staying alone in a true MMORPG especially when it concerns Vanilla were social connections are well developped compared to all subsequent expansions. Playing like this sounds to me like avoiding the whole quintessence of the game.
Even when I played with friends, I liked to try to do things own my own purely for the challenge of it. It was fun to complete something on your own when it would take regular players 2+ to do it. Now, I haven't ever multiboxed but I can see that part of why they would.

But again there's no real sense of a limit on the practice, private servers being what they are. I've said it before and I guess I'll say it again, but I support the ban on multiboxing because of the deleterious effects it would have on the game since there is no subscription to limit its use.

Lmao at the drug-themed replies and one guy correctly pointed out it doesn't make sense to take my frustration seriously. Another guy there said something about them taking exams - dude, being Czech and on a uni myself I know there are no instances where you take exams from July to January straight. And even if I'm wrong and I just didn't notice any such school then I'm deeply sorry, but no offense - how do they plan to run the server during this season every year?
Yeah, I'm "waiting" for this server since around July and I don't see a major pace difference, furthermore I HAVE read their major posts and especially the ones giving us new release dates. Therefore I could just repeat my worries and none of these overly friendly replies proved any of my points wrong. Not a single one.

Next time you better assume that somebody who posts a frustrated comment HAS READ the important points - in this case actually leading him to such frustrations - and don't even think about replying the same old infantile "you haven't read anything, you know nothing" stuff, 'cause your reply looks smart only until you've been shown as an overly assuming ****t.

I'm on drugs 'cuz drugs are good, m'kay.

I know there are no instances where you take exams from July to January straight. And even if I'm wrong and I just didn't notice any such school then I'm deeply sorry, but no offense - how do they plan to run the server during this season every year?

Im sure hes not going to be in school for the rest of hes life.

Servers can run even if Chero has exams. Coding requires presence.

I have just read shadowfang keep bug report. From what i have seen, we can expect state of SFK rise from 60% to 90-95% in next week.

PS: I just guess ;-)

Definitely not a fan of tuning MC, "pure blizzlike" is the reason I, among many others, are waiting for this server, instead of settling for another realesed one.
And if MC is too easy, no biggy imo, we will find difficulty in later raids.

Top Bottom