• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Last Week's Team Meeting

That's a lot of work though, a monthly one is more realistic.

I assume they are working on it quite a bit every week, so just an update on what theyre working on, how thats going and a glance into the future of Kronos wouldn't be 'a lot of work'.

Well, they haven't found a community manager they were looking for? That why they've forgot about the community again. Also it seems that those "Christmas-testers" are not going to publish anything about their experience on Kronos... Life sucks.

I don't think that a weekly "we are working on this in the next week, stay tuned" would hurt anyones time.

I assume they are working on it quite a bit every week, so just an update on what theyre working on, how thats going and a glance into the future of Kronos wouldn't be 'a lot of work'.

These would be about as interesting a corecrafts updates in their "A Better Estimation" thread. Aka not interesting in the slightest.

Here's a few snippets;

=== updated at 12/14/2014 ===
Updated "Fixing issue found during test on December 7 and 8" to 25%. === updated at 12/18/2014 ===
Updated "Fixing issue found during test on December 7 and 8" from 25% to 50%.
=== updated at 12/30/2014 ===
Updated "Fixing issue found during test on December 7 and 8" from 50% to 75%.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
Well, to state "fixing issue" is very vague isnt it?
I'm sure even without a community manager, they could muster a more interesting update on a steady weekly basis... or not.

Just wanted to show a sign of appreciation to the Dev team. People criticize every decision when they don't understand the amount of time and effort that goes in to a project of this scale.

Just wanted to show a sign of appreciation to the Dev team. People criticize every decision when they don't understand the amount of time and effort that goes in to a project of this scale.

+1

Forgive us we just want to play.

writing a quick update on whats being worked on would take all of 2mins. it would appease 99% of the people waiting on the server, simply by showing them that "hey, things are being done". that being said, yeah people have personal lives. you can check the bugtracker to see how little has been done the last month. adding patrols here and fixing loot tables there doesn't take alot of time.

the real scripting however has a toll on you, and you do get burned out spending time trying to get something to work, only to have it mess with another part of the project. I hope i'm right in saying that everyone here is supporting the developers, with whatever they are doing to bring this dream to fruition.

most of the people browsing the forums every week just want to see a new post made by a dev/admin every once in a while. they don't take long and do soooo much to stem people's thirst on info.

Last edited:
writing a quick update on whats being worked on would take all of 2mins. it would appease 99% of the people waiting on the server, simply by showing them that "hey, things are being done". that being said, yeah people have personal lives. you can check the bugtracker to see how little has been done the last month. adding patrols here and fixing loot tables there doesn't take alot of time.

the real scripting however has a toll on you, and you do get burned out spending time trying to get something to work, only to have it mess with another part of the project. I hope i'm right in saying that everyone here is supporting the developers, with whatever they are doing to bring this dream to fruition.

most of the people browsing the forums every week just want to see a new post made by a dev/admin every once in a while. they don't take long and do soooo much to stem people's thirst on info.

Just a thought then, if the real scripting that's going on that is time consuming is being done at this time, how do you think it makes them feel to come to the forums and see people upset about not getting a weekly update and making irritated posts when they may be coding several hours a day? What have you contributed to the project?

If you think updates will make things better, you don't realize that people will then expect it and when it doesn't happen the forums will be on fire with all kinds of fresh anger directed at the developers. We're not entitled to anything in regards to this server. They don't owe any of us anything, and even less so the people that are just sitting here waiting instead of trying to help with bugfixing.

Also I am not just singling you out, I'm saying as a whole, many of the posts that have been less than cordial towards the development team have most likely been the people that have done nothing to help the development process.

Moreover, what are they bringing to the community ? I don't understand the pleasure of staying alone in a true MMORPG especially when it concerns Vanilla were social connections are well developped compared to all subsequent expansions. Playing like this sounds to me like avoiding the whole quintessence of the game.

The difference being that with a complete ban on multiboxing you can't easily manage all your banks as they are on the same account. And if they were on a second account you'd have the 1hour mail delivery thing so you can't do the managing in real time, which is the real shame.

The difference being that with a complete ban on multiboxing you can't easily manage all your banks as they are on the same account. And if they were on a second account you'd have the 1hour mail delivery thing so you can't do the managing in real time, which is the real shame.

I was actually thinking about this...if the person has two computers (say a desktop and a laptop) I'm guessing it should be possible to log into two accounts at the same time. Whether or not that's practical for the average user is the question. I'm kind of on the fence for the whole multiboxing thing, and I wasn't planning on utilizing it so I haven't given too much thought to it.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't people essentially be able to write bots to follow their "main" character around and help themselves with quests? As in, as soon as the main window goes into combat, the bot will assist with attacking....this might also lead to griefing lower level players or just players in general. Granted, I don't know anything about bots or multiboxing or even if bots would be possible on Kronos, but I can see why that would be an issue they would want to avoid.

Just a thought then

Well, a couple of things I'd like to point out:

1. Even if you're working hard on something like scripting, and then come to the forums and see irritated posts;
thats more than likely because most of us don't know what exactly they're working on. Thats the whole point of an update.

2. People already expect updates, why? Because they said they would have weekly updates.
I'm just speaking for myself here; I don't need a new video of bugfixing or whatever every week. Just give us some useful information. Sometimes its not about the quality of the update but about consistency.
So what you mentioned is already happening and Im willing to admit Im a part of it.

3. "What are you contributing?" Once again I'm gonna speak for myself, and in no way do I mean to start an arguement Im just speaking my mind. Not everyone has the bugfixing/coding/scripting/mechanics know-how to help a project in that kind of way. What a lot of people here can do, is spread the word to their friends and make them Like the FB page etc. Thats what Im doing atleast.

So sure, they don't "owe" us anything, and I know this project is hard work. But saying they don't "owe" us anything is like saying a baker doesn't "owe" you bread. Sure he doesn't, but don't be surprised if people expect it.

Still the same thing over nad over and over and over again. Deal with it, nothing is happening. January is exam time so don't be surprised that nobody from dev team have time to do scripting.

And btw, you can guess. In another post, chero sayed, that Esso brought here new spell handling system so i assume that if any work is done during january, then it's port of spells from old system to the new one (and there are more than 13000 spells that need to be ported). So weekly update can look like this - we are porting spells. next week - we are still porting spells... and so on.

PS: Second part is JUST MY GUESS! Nothing official.

I give up. Taking a look at the changelog, this server isn't coming out earlier than the upcoming summer at this rate. Seriously, what's the point of prolonging it to such extents? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's irritated by the snail rate of this server "coming alive" - my point being that it will now rather start to slowly die out as daily hundreds of impatient people join other servers that had their release date set by the end of 2014 and had actual teams working on it so they didn't have to postpone it for the 50th time. I respect that there's only like one guy working on Kronos and I have no doubt he's doing a good job, but that's not a sufficiently effective "team" unless he's a demi-god. Will that one guy also take care of everything after the server comes alive? That's ridiculous.
Overall progress at 80% for the past.. I'm sorry, it's been there for so long I actually lost track. If that bar was the true progress status, it would reach 90% in January 2016. So let's hope it's only there to scare people away.

And please, don't even start about the team actually having multiple devs, not just one guy. This isn't the rate a group of 2+ should be working at.

Last edited:
I give up.
You've came here in the wrong moment. Those who played on the previous Kronos are happy - they know that the server is and will be fantastic. Those who (like myself) heard about Kronos at July-September seen that devs can do a hard regular job and build real hype.

Yes, last 2 month are rather disappointing. For many of us. But (it seems that) you've seen Kronos for only this 2 worst month! I can easily understand why you're giving up. But your generalizations are wrong.

Man, life is long! We've already been said that Kronos release is far before mid August 2015. If there would be lie, than there's indeed a real reason to quit. But now... What several month means? Nothing is changing in the world :)

P.S. Chero and Esso are now alone, but 1) they had several years of job already 2) some GMs etc. will be definitely provided by Twinstar when Kronos will be launched.

@Nimeralos, you shouldn't take posts like this too seriously.

If you search long enought for something bad to point out you eventually will find it. Its worth the wait even if it takes longer then expected.

I give up. Taking a look at the changelog, this server isn't coming out earlier than the upcoming summer at this rate. Seriously, what's the point of prolonging it to such extents? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's irritated by the snail rate of this server "coming alive" - my point being that it will now rather start to slowly die out as daily hundreds of impatient people join other servers that had their release date set by the end of 2014 and had actual teams working on it so they didn't have to postpone it for the 50th time. I respect that there's only like one guy working on Kronos and I have no doubt he's doing a good job, but that's not a sufficiently effective "team" unless he's a demi-god. Will that one guy also take care of everything after the server comes alive? That's ridiculous.
Overall progress at 80% for the past.. I'm sorry, it's been there for so long I actually lost track. If that bar was the true progress status, it would reach 90% in January 2016. So let's hope it's only there to scare people away.

And please, don't even start about the team actually having multiple devs, not just one guy. This isn't the rate a group of 2+ should be working at.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this person's here trying to scare people away.
Have you actually taken some time to read a couple of topics regarding the server release. All of your claims have been explained in other posts and even The Devs have addressed some of them.

For me personally the only thing that counts is that it's working properly. The slow pace rather makes me more hyped, shows the devs' dedication to trying to make stuff work. Vanilla has been gone for so many years that one more year wouldn't change much. Launch when it's ready! :)

we are not going to make you wait so fucking long. I mean, we keep track of the whole scenery around classic wow and we do understand that such a late launch would not help this project at all.
Chero will have an important exam in 3 days and after that we will sit down together again to see if we can set a new and final deadline for the launch.

We can expect a news by the end of this week according to this member of the KRONOS Team.

Did you miss the part where chero had exams?

I was actually thinking about this...if the person has two computers (say a desktop and a laptop) I'm guessing it should be possible to log into two accounts at the same time.
You can do that without a second computer, just run wow.exe two times, duh.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't people essentially be able to write bots to follow their "main" character around and help themselves with quests? As in, as soon as the main window goes into combat, the bot will assist with attacking...
An addon like that exists. But banning multiboxing eliminates the option of having a toon behind you.

If you want to learn more about the banned stuff, I suggest you try uncle Google, not Kronos forums.

reputation_balance.png
Join Date2.11.2014

COCAINE AN HELLUVA DRUG

Top Bottom