• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Launch Date?

I believe. I think it's good to let people know about this project, but when they do they want to play right away.

So I think the videos are a great way to keep us interested and willing to wait.

Last edited:
Of course it won't be.
You have different goals, you know the game.

All I want is the same setting that vanilla had. What I am looking forward to most is the great ambience and community feeling that it delivered and you can have the today still.
What you can't have back is the feeling of exploring a new game. I won't run into Stormwind again and go like "WHOOOOOAAAA".

What you can't have back is the feeling of exploring a new game. I won't run into Stormwind again and go like "WHOOOOOAAAA".

Exactly my thoughts. The pure epicness this game offered back when it launched was like nothing else. I remember first character I started, early 2006, A tauren druid. Was standing in X-roads, when this full Wrath Gnome warrior came rushing in and kills everything. I was like "...Awesome!"

From that day till today Wrath is still the most awesome gear ever created in a game.... IMO :)

I remember that, first time I saw this T2 gear I was really impressed.

I remember that, first time I saw this T2 gear I was really impressed.

Reminds me of my reaction when I first saw the Nemesis set. I told myself that I AM getting that set someday.

I never did. I might have gotten a piece or two but certainly not the whole thing (nor the skullcap, my favorite piece).

Maybe I can actually get it this time on Kronos, eh?

Reminds me of my reaction when I first saw the Nemesis set. I told myself that I AM getting that set someday.

I never did. I might have gotten a piece or two but certainly not the whole thing (nor the skullcap, my favorite piece).

Maybe I can actually get it this time on Kronos, eh?

Haha I know that feeling.

Im thinking the same, maybe this time on Konos :biggrin:

Then you guys must have started pretty late. T2 wasn't revamped until AQ patch.

Whish you guys all the best on achieving your goals on Kronos.

Then you guys must have started pretty late. T2 wasn't revamped until AQ patch.

Whish you guys all the best on achieving your goals on Kronos.
Early to mid 2006, if I recall. I really took my time leveling for the first time because everything was so new to me and I wanted to take it all in, while other folk I knew were busy power-leveling to 60.

By the time I was 60, I had a comparatively short time before TBC came onto the scene. I managed to get some 4/8 Dreadmist (Gloves and Bracers bought from the AH!) and some miscellany before vanilla was rendered obsolete. I didn't get my Dreadsteed until 70 due to no demand for Dire Maul, if I remember.

I did manage to do a single MC raid from Garr to Ragnaros (1% wipe!), one or two ZG runs and joined a pug AQ20 for a Kurinaxx kill but that was the extent of my vanilla raiding.

At least in TBC I managed to get the Voidheart Crown/Gloves, Corruptor Shoulders/Gloves along with progression into BT/Hyjal before I quit, so I was quite happy with myself. Would've been nice to get full Voidheart but you can't win 'em all I guess.

In Cata I couldn't find anyone willing to accept me into raiding despite having pre-raid BiS everything, more or less.

On Kronos I'm hoping to get Tier 0.5 (even if initial scouting of best pre-raid gear I can muster shows me items with higher +spelldmg) and maybe the tier sets up to 2 at least. 2 piece Plagueheart would be excellent but I'm not holding my breath, especially considering how late into Kronos' lifespan that Naxx might be.

I don't think any of the friends I plan to bring here will do anything more than PuG raiding but I'm sure they won't mind if I go ahead on that.

Last edited:
If Kronos and CC fail I will have to rethink my life lol. I am literally bored as shit the majority of the time, and no games can fill the void Rebirth left. I find myself checking the forums here every single day. Please let this server be the answer :wub:

I find myself checking the forums here every single day

I know the feeling... My last hope for a true x1 experience
To be honest I wasn't really around when The rebirth happened, all I know is that it was just 1 dude that is now on holiday with the money people donated. Was the population solid? How much weeks did it last?

Me too guys ! Kronos is truely my last hope for a great Vanilla experience. I'm gonna walk aimlessly for a long time if this server is not what I was looking for. In fact, I could quit the MMO middle after that.

I know the feeling... My last hope for a true x1 experience
To be honest I wasn't really around when The rebirth happened, all I know is that it was just 1 dude that is now on holiday with the money people donated. Was the population solid? How much weeks did it last?

While I was playing there were like 500-700 on during peak times. The donations happened long before I played there and apparently the server is down because the host got pressured by Blizz. I was probably going to come play here regardless.

the whole blizzard aspect of rebirth seems overstated, but thats just how i see it. there is worrying talk about huge donation drives for "improvements" that never saw the light of day. now the developers are "on vacation". :huh: i'd like to see them explaining this

One part of me is anxious for the launch, but the other part say we need to wait and the time used will be very worth because we'll get a very quality server without bugs and will have a really blizzlike experience :D

^ After a few years of private server experiences, i've learned not to hope until i actually see whats going on. Sadly you're right, we all wait for these two realms. And if they fail we are gonna be doomed.

Actually, we also have Nostalrius coming. Classic server, x1 rates and all that, just like Kronos. The best one will be the one with the best scripting and both seems really really well made from what i've seen. The one that releases first will have the adventage over the other, people jump on it and if they invest in it, finds a guild and makes friends they will most likely stick around. Only time will tell :) Im pumped for both.
On Corecraft most people will choose the instant 58 and skip over all of vanilla, which is really sad but I get why. Im so sick of levling thru Outlands so for me, vanilla servers are my main focus :)

Hmmm Nostalrius.... I played there for about 10 months. Very closed community.
Ok, this was well scripted, but there was a huge lack of players. And most players there weren't very kind with new players.
Nostalrius is completely dead by now, no ?

similar story to kronos as far as i can tell. Both closed down to make a better server and open internationally (had pop issues)... i only found out about them last week.

having a choice is always the best, may the best server win! (im sure both will have their own followers however ;))

Last edited:
Indeed. Nostalrius was a fairly closed french server once, then it shut down to improve. Nostalrius Begins is the name of the new project that have gone international. They have youtube videos showing off some of their work and there are lots of fixes done and so on. They are basically in the same boat as Kronos and having these 2 servers coming is great news for all who wants pre-tbc WoW :)
May the best scripted server win indeed! Im strongly looking forward to both

May the best scripted server wins... That's what we have been saying on Archaica 4 years ago, and on K1 3 years ago, and K2 2 years ago.. And still, Feenix wins. WTF? :blink:

May the best scripted server wins... That's what we have been saying on Archaica 4 years ago, and on K1 3 years ago, and K2 2 years ago.. And still, Feenix wins. WTF? :blink:

Population, no one wants to play on a server with a few hundreds on peak max, yet alone just a few of them are 60. But then people choose 1x again, well lets see how that works out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom