• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Launch day

Spacey

Hey all :)

So I was wondering what we might expect on the launch day.
Will the server be up and running fine, or will we have to be prepared for lag/DCs, as the server is all new and alot of people probably are trying to log on at the same time?

Any thoughts on this?

I think we'll have to wait and see, but considering that Twinstar is having other servers up and running, we can hope/expect that they have some experience with this :smile:
You'd be surprised at how easily a sudden surge in demand can cripple even a well-prepared host. I've seen it happen all the time with things much bigger and much smaller than Twinstar!

If it does, I guess some of us will need to wait before we can also hammer the server on launch day.

I hope it comes to that - it would mean that we are too many to log in and this is a good thing!

I recall the darkfall online launch being like that, couldn't access their homepage for two weeks to buy the game which instead made me not buy it in the end. On topic though: I hope for a fully functional launch with minor if any issues, I'm sure there will be enough players when the word starts to spread of the quality of the server (the actual experience of the players).

The ED launch was smooth and it appears that Kronos is much more professional and the devs are a lot more capable. So, yeah. :cool2:

I recall the darkfall online launch being like that, couldn't access their homepage for two weeks to buy the game which instead made me not buy it in the end. On topic though: I hope for a fully functional launch with minor if any issues, I'm sure there will be enough players when the word starts to spread of the quality of the server (the actual experience of the players).

Definitely not 2k. Maybe 1k. Because everyone was in the 6 starting zones it ofcourse looked very crowded. Fun nonetheless, almost all mobs dead cause they were getting farmed.

The population peaked about 5 months after launch when there began to be queues.

Couple of months ago the cap got lowered for unknown reason.

And after 2 years there is still no aq and not a lot of fixes so people are getting worried. Biggest guild on alliance is chinese.

Definitely not 2k. Maybe 1k. Because everyone was in the 6 starting zones it ofcourse looked very crowded. Fun nonetheless, almost all mobs dead cause they were getting farmed.

The population peaked about 5 months after launch when there began to be queues.

Couple of months ago the cap got lowered for unknown reason.

And after 2 years there is still no aq and not a lot of fixes so people are getting worried. Biggest guild on alliance is chinese.

lol srsly? i would expect a european/north america centric guild, but chinese? got any source/proof?

The thing with ED was, that they launched the same version of core like they had on their 12x server, so it was mainly fixed.

Kronos will host a lot of players after a year of development, so we can expect lags and crashes simply due to mistakes in core. But Chero is allways fast in crash fixing.

3% per two month.
so, summer-autumn of 2015.
These are not my thoughts, it's just math

why that? There had nothing left to progress didn't they? No world dragons spawning etc
I believe they left because their leadership was fed up with how shitty the server was. At that time it also had 300+ queues every evening, and people randomly DC'd every time, raiding was impossibly painful. And with no signs of improvements and/or AQ whatsoever, guild master and officers of Team Plague abandoned ship, and without organization the guild has been reduced to nothing.

As for world dragons, it's actually a very funny story. Dunno if it's true, I heard it from a human priest I met in Azshara. Basically, when the removal of Emerald Dragons was announced, almost every guild was eager to get a kill one last time. All those alliance guilds have been up, camping the dragons, not going to sleep, waiting as the spawn window was coming to its end. All guilds except Team Plague.

Soo... launch window closes. No spawns. All those frustrated, sleepless raiders unleash their wrath on forums, a huge flamewar erupts. Finally somebody asks TP members why the hell were they not around. The response: "GM announced that Dragons would not spawn for the last time". When asked why the fuck did they not tell any other guild, the answer was "We thought everybody knew".

Needless to say, nobody knew. Not a single lvl 60 outside TP has ever got told about it. So there you have it, completely fair, unbiased gameplay of Emerald Dream. I always knew that TP was basically the GM guild, but this shit made me lol so hard. Hope there won't be any bullshit like this here.

That story about world dragons is BS. There was no announcement that they would stop spawning, they just did. Most people believe the reason was that a GM despawned a wrongly spawned dragon to prevent it from being killed, which mucked up their spawn scheme which feenix is too lazy to fix. The first reports about dragons not spawning came in 10 days or so after the last kill, and TP was still camping at that point.

It was not caused by a GM despawning a dragon. It happened because they messed with their spawns too many times in order to lets toilet papers kill them without competition. at least this is what i heard from a friend in that guild.

This brings back memories, lol. There was some crazy bitch from Ninjastate spamming world chat with "TEAM PLAGUE TOLD ME AZUREGOS IS SPAWNING IN 25 MINUTES". I remember a Horde MC Pug getting trolled by that when it happened for the first time.

On the topic, it doesnt need to be %100 for launch. Dragons, AQ, Naxx are all irrelevant at the beginning, so a %85 would be solid enough IMO.

Last edited:
It was not caused by a GM despawning a dragon. It happened because they messed with their spawns too many times in order to lets toilet papers kill them without competition. at least this is what i heard from a friend in that guild.

This brings back memories, lol. There was some crazy bitch from Ninjastate spamming world chat with "TEAM PLAGUE TOLD ME AZUREGOS IS SPAWNING IN 25 MINUTES". I remember a Horde MC Pug getting trolled by that when it happened for the first time.

On the topic, it doesnt need to be %100 for launch. Dragons, AQ, Naxx are all irrelevant at the beginning, so a %85 would be solid enough IMO.

Well azu can be killed pretty easily even with crap gear. Also dragons are already working mostly I think. Not too sure though.

Top Bottom